Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Debut for Jonah Williams
(09-12-2020, 05:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He's gonna have to be better than that tomorrow against Bosa. Would hate to lose Burrow first game of season because of, well, Bobby Freaken Hart!

Well Bosa gets sacks so if he gets only one I’d be happy with that.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:14 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Oh yeah Sample, how has he been?

Injured most of last year. If Jonah can hold the left side, Hart and Sample ought to be able to keep Bosa check.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He's gonna have to be better than that tomorrow against Bosa. Would hate to lose Burrow first game of season because of, well, Bobby Freaken Hart!

I look at it this way.. Bosa is going to make plays regardless who he has over him.. but as I posted Hart did improve last year and is in his 2nd year with same line coach.. he will need help but what Tackle won;t need help with Bosa
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 02:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I look at it this way.. Bosa is going to make plays regardless who he has over him.. but as I posted Hart did improve last year and is in his 2nd year with same line coach.. he will need help but what Tackle won;t need help with Bosa

The Bengals have to get the Chargers Defense thinking run. If they can get those two great ends playing gaps instead of attacking downhill they have a chance. 

If the Bengals can't establish the run it will be a long afternoon for Joe Burrow.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 02:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I look at it this way.. Bosa is going to make plays regardless who he has over him.. but as I posted Hart did improve last year and is in his 2nd year with same line coach.. he will need help but what Tackle won;t need help with Bosa

Fair point. I'm pretty sure the team has planned for Bosa, or at least I hope so? God forbid they just thought Hart can handle it. He's pretty immature. 

(09-13-2020, 02:43 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals have to get the Chargers Defense thinking run. If they can get those two great ends playing gaps instead of attacking downhill they have a chance. 

If the Bengals can't establish the run it will be a long afternoon for Joe Burrow.

Mixon overcame the piss poor OL in the second half of the season last year. The only reason the OL looked improved is because we were able to open up the running game, So defenses didn't attack like they did in the first half.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:14 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Oh yeah Sample, how has he been?

Looked good in camp from what I have seen, so has Uzomah.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 02:43 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals have to get the Chargers Defense thinking run. If they can get those two great ends playing gaps instead of attacking downhill they have a chance. 

I say run it right at the Ends, it will tire them out and even Hart is a decent run blocker...
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 02:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Fair point. I'm pretty sure the team has planned for Bosa, or at least I hope so? God forbid they just thought Hart can handle it. He's pretty immature. 

Mixon overcame the piss poor OL in the second half of the season last year. The only reason the OL looked improved is because we were able to open up the running game, So defenses didn't attack like they did in the first half.

I will take what he got two years ago.. 6 tackles and one sack... if we can contain him to that.. it will be a win for our line
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 03:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I will take what he got two years ago.. 6 tackles and one sack... if we can contain him to that.. it will be a win for our line

And most likely for us...
Reply/Quote