Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro-Trump pastor: Women’s sports games are ‘**** bait’ to make girls into lesbians
(04-06-2017, 04:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have no problem pointing out evil, hateful people.  If they attract more, like minded people that is an unfortunate side effect or exposing them.  I trust there will be MORE people that denounce them then join them. 

I don't have any problem denouncing them. Pointing out their flawed thinking or whatever, go for it. Tie them unnecessarily to a group in order to try to make that group look bad (which, fyi, we don't need to do because they are doing a good enough job of it themselves) and you just make it a much bigger thing than it needs to be.

When you do things like that, you become the bully in the eyes of those he already had listening to him, and then to a much wider audience. It's politically ill-advised to do things like this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-06-2017, 04:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't have any problem denouncing them. Pointing out their flawed thinking or whatever, go for it. Tie them unnecessarily to a group in order to try to make that group look bad (which, fyi, we don't need to do because they are doing a good enough job of it themselves) and you just make it a much bigger thing than it needs to be.

When you do things like that, you become the bully in the eyes of those he already had listening to him, and then to a much wider audience. It's politically ill-advised to do things like this.

I'll take that under consideration while respectfully disagreeing.

If a man is a hateful as this...and he's promoting his undying support for Trump...then he is a hateful Trump supporter.  The only group I am tying him to are those who fall into both camps.

If that means Trump's current supporters feel they are being attacked perhaps they should wonder why they think they are being grouped in if they don't share that hate.
If that means Trump's current opponents feel I have unfairly branded a group of supporters by talking about one person they need to check what they think about all his supporters.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-06-2017, 04:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To be honest I read the Op and dismissed it as a zealot caught up in the Old Testament. I took issue with the assertion that his being a Trump supporter has any merit here.

Okey Doke I answered your question. Do you think the fact that the man supported Trump has any relevance here? 

If we are just talking about this one man, no. If we are talking about a trend among Trump's supports he could be considered a case study so to speak. However, case studies should be interpreted with caution because it is easy to make a wrong conclusion based upon one person.
(04-06-2017, 04:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't have any problem denouncing them. Pointing out their flawed thinking or whatever, go for it. Tie them unnecessarily to a group in order to try to make that group look bad (which, fyi, we don't need to do because they are doing a good enough job of it themselves) and you just make it a much bigger thing than it needs to be.

I concur.
The bashing by the media, before the election, made him look like the image of "Outsider that Washington wants to keep out " that he wanted.
(04-06-2017, 10:13 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I concur.
The bashing by the media, before the election, made him look like the image of "Outsider that Washington wants to keep out " that he wanted.

To me it made him look like the foolish, child, con-artist he was/is.  

But you know what they say....

[Image: download%2B%25282%2529.jpe]

He just forgot to add: they vote.
(04-06-2017, 10:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: To me it made him look like the foolish, child, con-artist he was/is.  

But you know what they say....

[Image: download%2B%25282%2529.jpe]

He just forgot to add: they vote.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't feel that way.
I just had a lot of people tell me that, while I was campaigning for Johnson.
I'd mention how Johnson wanted to reduce the size of government and they'd tell me how Trump was the outsider that everyone in DC feared.....drain the swamp....yadda....yadda...

I felt accomplished the other day.
I actually got my Trumpster brother to admit his candidate was an embarrassment.
[Image: tumblr_le5ml0LK5v1qaaowno1_1280.jpg]
(04-06-2017, 10:50 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I didn't feel that way.
I'd mention how Johnson wanted to reduce the size of government and they'd tell me how Trump was the outsider that everyone in DC feared.....drain the swamp....yadda....yadda...

I actually got my Trumpster brother to admit his candidate was an embarrassment.

I'll be having dinner tomorrow with my college roommate.  In December he was willing to admit Trump was not a good candidate...I have to see how far I can push him now!  LOL!
(04-06-2017, 04:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If we are just talking about this one man, no. If we are talking about a trend among Trump's supports he could be considered a case study so to speak.  However, case studies should be interpreted with caution because it is easy to make a wrong conclusion based upon one person.

I think it a valid question as to why Trump speeches and policies draw support from so many hate groups and authoritarian personalities.  

Is this tendency more pronounced than under Busch?
Are there youtube hate rants in support of Hillary or Obama?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-06-2017, 04:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: If that means Trump's current supporters feel they are being attacked perhaps they should wonder why they think they are being grouped in if they don't share that hate.

I think some are wondering why.  Sort of.  

It seems Trump supporters studiously don't see why hate groups are attracted to Trump.  Thus the surprise and outrage when their support links them to those groups to which they claim no affinity.
I would agree that linking this guy to Trump was just a red-herring if Trump had not picked one of the most extreme homophobic politicians out there to be his vice-president.

So this is not a random attempt to link bad press to Trump.  Instead it is a comment about how Trump intentionally chose to recruit the anti-LGBT community by picking Mike Pence as his running mate.
(04-06-2017, 12:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: His support of Trump is a reflection of some of those who are willing to "make america great again" by enforcing their own religious beliefs and hate.

Beyond that he's just another religious fool who spouts off about what he hates.  The Trump connection is just icing on the crazy cake.  ThumbsUp

So by your reasonings, everyone who voted for Hillary is part of the LGBTQ community?

Hmmm...... interesting.
(04-09-2017, 12:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So by your reasonings, everyone who voted for Hillary is part of the LGBTQ community?

Hmmm...... interesting.

If they publicly announced their support they can be called a supporter of the community and Clinton.  Yes.

As to the "gentleman" in the OP:  If other Trump supporters are upset that they are lumped in with him, but they do share his views, then they are mistaken and should denounce his views also.  If they agree with his views I don't know what they are complaining about.
A few years ago I saw a study about how participating in high school sports lowered a girls chance of getting pregnant as a teen.  I thought it was because the sports taught disciplin and increased self esteem.  

Now I find out it is because sports turn girls gay.

Shocked
(04-09-2017, 12:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So by your reasonings, everyone who voted for Hillary is part of the LGBTQ community?

Hmmm...... interesting.

Everyone is, they just may not acknowledge it or identify with it. Sexuality is a spectrum and we all fall somewhere on it, but being 100% straight is a rarity, ask Ron White. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-06-2017, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, no.  It was to tell the true story of a religious nut who is also a Trump supporter.  Kind of fills out the narrative with more of the background of the various types that put the 5 year old in the office of the President.

[Image: stereo.jpg]

This is a true story about one guy.

Perhaps one guy who is representative of other guys just like him.

But PLEASE, please keep focusing on not defending Trump and his supporters and not the crazy crap this guy spews because of the title of the article.  Please keep doing that.  Please. ThumbsUp

I really wish you would have titled the thread, "Anti-Lesbian and Anti-Hillary pastor:..." It would have been interesting to see the reactions to that. Cool
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(04-06-2017, 04:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's the thing. By talking about all of these people because they just happen to be Trump supporters, they're getting a bigger audience, and the numbers defending them will likely grow. Trying to tie Trump to things like this gets the attention of both sides, and it isn't good.

There was this bar in the neighborhood I grew up in. It may have been America's first (remember I am ancient - I lived in the ancient times when there was still racism in America!) "sports bar." It was called "Wolfie's Sports Center." The sign outside Wolfie's had a little saying on it. The saying was, "We are known by the company we keep." I always liked that bar, and I always liked that saying. Readers can draw their own conclusions as to its relevance.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

You were probably already a dike bully anyway, in their eyes. Anyone lacking the critical thinking skills to differentiate holding up a mirror to or shining a light on ignorance and bullying was probably already a lost cause too. But for those who are educable, I say keep holding up mirrors and shining lights.
(04-06-2017, 10:50 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I didn't feel that way.

It would be a better meme with the caption, "It hurts so baaaaaaad it feels good."

Hmmm...... interesting.

Part of, no, but tolerant of that community? Yes. Inclusive of it? Yes. Supportive of it? Yes.

Just as, perhaps, Trump supporters are tolerant of, inclusive of, and supportive of hate groups. Now, we all know that wild eyed statement could have no basis in reality - as shown by all the condemnations by Trump supporters of his fellow supporters who are hate mongers. You know, those thousands of condemnations we have all seen. The failing media, social media, and the streets are just teeming with them. Sarcasm
(04-09-2017, 03:55 PM)xxlt Wrote: There was this bar in the neighborhood I grew up in. It may have been America's first (remember I am ancient - I lived in the ancient times when there was still racism in America!) "sports bar." It was called "Wolfie's Sports Center." The sign outside Wolfie's had a little saying on it. The saying was, "We are known by the company we keep." I always liked that bar, and I always liked that saying. Readers can draw their own conclusions as to its relevance.

I don't disagree, but keeping company with someone is a bit different than supporting the same person or thing as someone. Being a football forum, there are often times where we talk about idiot sports fans of rival teams. When people put that finger in the direction of our team loyalties, we are quick to point out that there are idiots in every crowd. The same thing exists in the political realm. There are people that get lumped into our side and make a bad name for our positions no matter which direction you're in.