Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ProFootballTalk's Mid-Game Tweet!
(01-31-2022, 04:10 PM)Earendil Wrote: My heart can't take that.

After we won in Baltimore I just said "Burrow wins until the game is over and the Bengals are down on the scoreboard."  It's simple and I've been right more than I've been wrong (damn that Jets game).

I'm the only Bengals fan anyone I know in person knows and I got a bunch of messages when they were getting battered and I replied that it isn't over, but yes...the situation was not ideal.  Easy enough.

I don't like that this team gets off to a bad start now and again, but we seem to dig out way out of it (well, not against the Chargers) almost every time.  So until I see otherwise, there is no lead the enemy can have that is too great to convince me that Burrow doesn't win.  I believe what I see, and I shrugged and changed my outlook this season when it became clear-ish that Burrow just doesn't lose all that often. 

If/when things change again, I'll change my perspective.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have no doubt we can win the SB, but I'd rather we don't get into an 18 point hole to start things off like we did this game.

I want the Bengals blowing out the Rams 40+ points to like 10. I want to casually enjoy the game unfolding as a Bengals W. I'd like to avoid the stress of a close game.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if it happened again with the Rams. Burrow hasn't played them yet.

It is a chess match with him. Has to figure them out early and get sacked about 3 times lol

I think people take the media too personally.  Next year we are going to be the team that everyone is drooling over and slobbering over and AHHHHH CAN they talk about ANYONE except JOE BURRROW ALREADY!?!?!?

Next year we will be the team that gets up by 21 points and everyone says "Oh it's over, turn it off, Burrow is a god, he's not losing today."  And maybe they will be right, and maybe they will be wrong.  I take my fandom out of the equation when I judge what the media says, because I know the people who rag on the media for daring to get starry eyed over Mahommes and the Chiefs also bask in the media blowing a load over Joe Burrow and the Bengals.

I hope everyone got their fill of "No one believes in us" in this year, because those days don't seem to be coming back for quite a while.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think people take the media too personally.  Next year we are going to be the team that everyone is drooling over and slobbering over and AHHHHH CAN they talk about ANYONE except JOE BURRROW ALREADY!?!?!?

Next year we will be the team that gets up by 21 points and everyone says "Oh it's over, turn it off, Burrow is a god, he's not losing today."  And maybe they will be right, and maybe they will be wrong.  I take my fandom out of the equation when I judge what the media says, because I know the people who rag on the media for daring to get starry eyed over Mahommes and the Chiefs also bask in the media blowing a load over Joe Burrow and the Bengals.

I hope everyone got their fill of "No one believes in us" in this year, because those days don't seem to be coming back for quite a while.  

Sure hope you are right, we are still the underdog right now for heck sake.

I bet everyone is picking the Rams in the Superbowl. Wait and see.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:19 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I want the Bengals blowing out the Rams 40+ points to like 10. I want to casually enjoy the game unfolding as a Bengals W. I'd like to avoid the stress of a close game.

But that's not how we roll. Many named them the Cardiac Cats and they are living up to the name. You don't want them to disappoint now, do you?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:27 PM)Interceptor Wrote: But that's not how we roll. Many named them the Cardiac Cats and they are living up to the name. You don't want them to disappoint now, do you?

Why yes, yes I do. I want Stafford throwing INTs, Ramsey getting an unsportsmanlike penalty, Burrow throwing bombs for TDs to Chase, and maybe mix in a Taylor punt return for a TD. Give me 35-3 at the half and a 48-10 final score. Who Dey.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Why yes, yes I do. I want Stafford throwing INTs, Ramsey getting an unsportsmanlike penalty, Burrow throwing bombs for TDs to Chase, and maybe mix in a Taylor punt return for a TD. Give me 35-3 at the half and a 48-10 final score. Who Dey.

Ok, maybe time for a nap.... Smirk
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:39 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Ok, maybe time for a nap.... Smirk

35-3 at the half and I'll be running around my house screaming Who Dey and praying to the football gods we don't pull an ATL Falcons.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 35-3 at the half and I'll be running around my house screaming Who Dey and praying to the football gods we don't pull an ATL Falcons.

That would be tempting fate...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:43 PM)Interceptor Wrote: That would be tempting fate...

Perhaps, and I suppose it comes full circle to In Burrow I Trust.

Joe
Reply/Quote
Michael David Smith wrote an article about Reid trying to get the refs to review a Mixon fumble in OT. The refs ruled he gave himself up and Michael David Smith said the refs blew another call and helped the Bengals to the Super Bowl. There’s absolute bias against the Bengals on this website and in particular this writer.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Perhaps, and I suppose it comes full circle to In Burrow I Trust.

Joe

But it can't hit Burrow. He never talked bad about any team or anything. He never whines or complains. He just gets back up and still tries to accomplish what he set out to do when given the chance.

Good plays: "We put in the hard work so we expect good things to happen."
Breaks leg, sacked a million times, INTs: " Hey, it's football."
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:27 PM)Interceptor Wrote: But that's not how we roll. Many named them the Cardiac Cats and they are living up to the name. You don't want them to disappoint now, do you?

Maybe I am alone here, but i HATE hearing them called this.  Way to close to when they called the Clowns the Kardiac Kids.  Makes me throw up in my mouth to hear it. Sick   Ugh.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I said it before, I would be a fool to bet against this team.

There are a lot of fools out there today. Glad to not be one of them.

Boomer Esiason called it about right. He had us winning 31-30, we won 27-24.

I said 35-31 us. Both Defenses played good.

Our Defense played amazing that 2nd half.
We have a secondary that shut-down one of the best, if not the best, QBs in the game, and, on offense, you have to sell-out to stop our #1 receiver, but that leaves our #2 and #3 receivers to make plays, which they can do at a high level. If you find out a way to stop them, our tight end can kill you up the seams and, if you find a way to stop all of them, our running back can break a long run at any point!

This team is AMAZING!
(01-31-2022, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Florio was saying before the game that even the 1985 Bears couldn't stop the Chiefs.

He has a lot of bad takes, but never owns up to them when proven wrong.
Hell, he might have been right, but the '21-'22 Bengals sure as hell stopped them!
(01-31-2022, 04:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have no doubt we can win the SB, but I'd rather we don't get into an 18 point hole to start things off like we did this game.

No shit. Luckily, with Burrow, we're never out of a game, but it would be nice to be in control of the game or at least stay closer to be able to play our game and dictate how things go a little bit more.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I said it before, I would be a fool to bet against this team.

There are a lot of fools out there today. Glad to not be one of them.

Boomer Esiason called it about right. He had us winning 31-30, we won 27-24.

I said 35-31 us. Both Defenses played good.

Our Defense played amazing that 2nd half.

They were lights out the second half. Now if they do that all four quarters on 2/13/22 and our O line digs deep to keep Joe on his feet, I think we really have a shot.

I knew we were going to win yesterday. Even down 18, I told my hubby "they're a second half team....watch."
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:25 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: Maybe I am alone here, but i HATE hearing them called this.  Way to close to when they called the Clowns the Kardiac Kids.  Makes me throw up in my mouth to hear it. Sick   Ugh.  

You're not.  That's 40+ years ago but I remember that moniker well.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:19 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I want the Bengals blowing out the Rams 40+ points to like 10. I want to casually enjoy the game unfolding as a Bengals W. I'd like to avoid the stress of a close game.

Would be nice.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Man, that would be nice. Would love to see a nice three touchdown victory, leaving no gosh darn doubt who the best team in football is.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:43 PM)Interceptor Wrote: That would be tempting fate...

Burrow is good enough to win despite us jinxing him.  Seriously, the guy is going to make Mike Brown a world champion...what else needs to be said.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:47 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Michael David Smith wrote an article about Reid trying to get the refs to review a Mixon fumble in OT.  The refs ruled he gave himself up and Michael David Smith said the refs blew another call and helped the Bengals to the Super Bowl.  There’s absolute bias against the Bengals on this website and in particular this writer.

Ridiculous take. I don't blame Reid for a Hail Mary as his team was about to lose, but anyone watching can see that Mixon gave himself up. Heck, it was so obvious that no-one could understand what Reid was even talking to the refs about. It seems every Bengals win comes with some annoying take that the Bengals didn't deserve it.
Reply/Quote