Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probably my own 4 round mock
Unfortunately, I no longer have hours to spend on draft prospects as I have 2 beautiful girls who get all of my free time. I can only invest time into a few rounds so I’d like to show off what I can muster in just 4 rounds on TDN. If anyone knows of a better mock draft site please let me know.

I’ve done dozens of simulations before showing this one because it was tge one I picked before running it and…holy cow.

Round 1 pick 31…most of my mocks most of the named IOL are off the board but for whatever reason The Titans took Skye Moore and before the Bengals picked Hill, Elam and Cine were all picked, so the value was all OL. You like Green, Zion, Winfrey, Gordon, Raimann we’re all there but I picked…

Tyler Linderbaum. Yup he was there too and he’s definitely the best value here. We put Karras at LG and we basically have a new OL in one free agency period.

63. Trey McBride. Was looking at corner and IDL or even wr but no value, but this makes sense. He presents more match up nightmares for defenses and also Sample is not good.

95. Cam Taylor-Britt. I found a corner I really like. He excels in zone coverage and can play man. He’s projected to develop into a perimeter starting corner. I think this makes sense if they are going to let apple start this year so Cam develops into Eli’s role.

136. Thomas Booker. This guy might be a bit too early to pick but honestly I don’t think so. An incredibly versatile, highly intelligent, long defensive lineman that can develop and grow in our DL rotation and potentially thrive as a 3 tech. Honestly I’m most excited about this pick.

This was a fun draft to pick! A lot of surprises and a lot of value. Thanks for reading!
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 12:04 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Unfortunately, I no longer have hours to spend on draft prospects as I have 2 beautiful girls who get all of my free time. I can only invest time into a few rounds so I’d like to show off what I can muster in just 4 rounds on TDN. If anyone knows of a better mock draft site please let me know.

I’ve done dozens of simulations before showing this one because it was tge one I picked before running it and…holy cow.

Round 1 pick 31…most of my mocks most of the named IOL are off the board but for whatever reason The Titans took Skye Moore  and before the Bengals picked Hill, Elam and Cine were all picked, so the value was all OL. You like Green, Zion, Winfrey, Gordon, Raimann we’re all there but I picked…

Tyler Linderbaum. Yup he was there too and he’s definitely the best value here. We put Karras at LG and we basically have a new OL in one free agency period.

63. Trey McBride. Was looking at corner and IDL or even wr but no value, but this makes sense. He presents more match up nightmares for defenses and also Sample is not good.

95. Cam Taylor-Britt. I found a corner I really like. He excels in zone coverage and can play man. He’s projected to develop into a perimeter starting corner. I think this makes sense if they are going to let apple start this year so Cam develops into Eli’s role.

136. Thomas Booker. This guy might be a bit too early to pick but honestly I don’t think so. An incredibly versatile, highly intelligent, long defensive lineman that can develop and grow in our DL rotation and potentially thrive as a 3 tech. Honestly I’m most excited about this pick.

This was a fun draft to pick! A lot of surprises and a lot of value. Thanks for reading!

If the draft fell like this, I think I could die a happy man. Perfect the OL make over, get a LT(long term) TE, a zone scheme CB (who became one of my favorite prospects and fits our team values [team leader]) and a rotational 3T.

Chefs kiss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well done!
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 12:04 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Unfortunately, I no longer have hours to spend on draft prospects as I have 2 beautiful girls who get all of my free time. I can only invest time into a few rounds so I’d like to show off what I can muster in just 4 rounds on TDN. If anyone knows of a better mock draft site please let me know.

Round 1 pick 31…most of my mocks most of the named IOL are off the board but for whatever reason The Titans took Skye Moore  and before the Bengals picked Hill, Elam and Cine were all picked, so the value was all OL. You like Green, Zion, Winfrey, Gordon, Raimann we’re all there but I picked…

Very, very solid mock.
Linderbaum, I feel, can come in Day 1 and be a good starting C if the Bengals keep their scheme from last year.
Karras can then shift to LG, allowing more time for Carman to groom.

McBride should be a solid TE in the NFL with the ability to take over for Hurst next year.

CTB would make a solid CB4 who can push Apple for starting reps, even as a rookie.

Booker might be early, but he offers pass rush upside from the interior as a rotational guy while he develops.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I like this mock.

I know everyone is saying defense in round 1--but, you have to pick based on how the draft falls. If guards/centers are the value at our pick, why not solidify our offensive line for the coming years with great depth?

Any picks we make in this draft are for depth. I'm not against drafting a corner or defensive lineman for depth in round 1 if that's where the value is. These players tend to get drafted higher than guards and centers though. We'll see what happens. There may be a solid defensive player we can take in round 1. I've seen a lot of good corners picked at the top of round 2.

Tight end in round 2 makes sense if the right player falls to us. There's not much depth at the position in this draft. Corner and defensive line have more players in the 3rd/4th round range to pick from. I could see the good-to-decent tight ends all scooped up before our pick in round 2 though. But there will likely be a good player there at another position.

If the draft fell this way and we picked offense first again, I'd be happy that the offense is finally fixed. An elite offense (with amazing depth) is deadly in today's league. We would also be set up to pick defense first for the next few years.

If we pick defense first because that's where the value is, we can still add depth to the oline later in the draft. But we likely won't find a good TE outside of round 2 (if at all at the bottom of round 2).
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to see CTB mocked to the 9ers in the 3rd. If he's our target, we may have to move up a bit for him
Reply/Quote