Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probably the most frustrating part of the loss today...
Was that penalty on Shawn Williams when he and Thomas were pushing after an incomplete pass.

In what world is HE penalized on that and not Thomas? He was shoved, he gives a minor shove and Thomas shoves him again harder.

I think Williams has caught the Burfict fever. Refs are going to target him with unfair personal fouls now for the rest of his career because of that Luck hit.

Sad times.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Was that penalty on Shawn Williams when he and Thomas were pushing after an incomplete pass.

In what world is HE penalized on that and not Thomas? He was shoved, he gives a minor shove and Thomas shoves him again harder.

I think Williams has caught the Burfict fever. Refs are going to target him with unfair personal fouls now for the rest of his career because of that Luck hit.

Sad times.

The original offense was behind the Panthers players, out of view of the official. This was the perfect example of why you DON’T retaliate!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I lost my shit over that call, too!
Watching the replay, I swore it was on Carolina.
When they announced Bengals, my jaw hit the floor
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Was that penalty on Shawn Williams when he and Thomas were pushing after an incomplete pass.

Sad times.

I'll get chastized for saying it but this team has been dealing with this bias for a few years now, but intentional or not.

I was watching Dalton mic'd against Indy, not this year. He throws the pass, gets steamrolled, well AFTERWARDS, and yells at the ref and the ref said, "He was coming off a block!"  Cool
Reply/Quote

Sad times.

I look at it like this, regardless of other factors, when you lose the turnover battle by 4, you don't deserve to win, plain and simple.
Reply/Quote
Any time two guys are going at it there is a risk that one guy will get singled out for being "worse" and that's just the way it goes. You're putting the fate of the play in the ref's hands when you do that.
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GnBw3M3siE&start_radio=1&list=RD8GnBw3M3siE

(Go to .42 seconds.)
Reply/Quote
I think Williams is getting a reputation and doesn't get much benefit of the doubt - already. Didn't he have a facemask earlier ?
Reply/Quote
There were a few questionable calls and no calls today. But Shawn has to be smarter than that. The ref called what he saw, not fair and didn't see it all but that wouldn't happen if he just keeps his hands off the guy. I thought the no call PI over the middle on 3rd was a joke, guy had him wrapped up before the ball got there, and Green getting several feet in and it still being 3rd and 17. Good teams overcome that, we can't.

The most frustrating part for me (Other than Ross) was the Dline. No excuse to go against a Oline starting 3 backups and look so weak. Extra 3 days rest too. Not sure what the game plan was but it was junk. If Olsen was playing we would have lost by 30. Nobody spied Cam, McCaffrey did his best beast mode impression while our D couldn't stop shit, not even themselves. I would trade Ross to a team in a heartbeat for a OT or LB. as bad as our D looked we still had a chance and we flat out blew it. I'm just ranting now, I'm done. On to Atlanta, holy hell they are going to light this D up. Couldn't name another WR for Carolina other than Moore & Funches (TE) and I live here. Now we have to stop Jones, Ridley, Sanu S$&t! Not going to happen. 2-2 here we come, only good thing about it is both losses will be against NFC teams. Damnit where is the Tylenol.
Reply/Quote
IMO, Shawn was an idiot for retaliating. You made the stop, now get back to the huddle. We were down and didn't need stupid decisions like that.
Reply/Quote
I need to see a replay again, but from what I saw of the replay in the game Williams gave him a little shove tap from behindas they were out of bounds heading towards bench. That is what initiated the back n forth there. Again need to see it to confirm, but as of now I think Williams was the one that instigated it to begin with. Then he knocked the ball which was an 'Unsportsmanlike Conduct' penalty. Minor shoves typically dont get called either.

Cam later on also got a 15 yarder for putting the ball in the gut of a Bengal player.

Basically playing around with balls gets 15 yards.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Sad times.

Yeah that one was pretty petty and could have gone either way.

What bothered me a whole lot more was Williams facemask penalty...we were about get off the field and he kept their TD drive going. 

I don't know if he can but we need him to clean it up otherwise this is going to come back at another critical moment
Reply/Quote