Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professional job position available-Complete Mechanical Services (Blue Ash)
Anyone proficient in engineering/technical/mechanical/project management/building takeoff fields might be interested. A company that my son works for, Complete Mechanical Services CMS, in Blue Ash is currently seeking project managers. Naturally, they are looking for experienced industry professionals, but are willing to train individuals with a strong technical/engineering education and appropriate software skills to read blueprints, do building takeoffs, supervise installation crews, and generally oversee projects from the bidding process all the way to completion.

It probably goes without saying that candidates should possess strong computer drafting (CADD) skills, be proficient in all of the standard office software applications, with particular aptitude in Excel. Interested candidates should also possess excellent communication skills, be extremely detail oriented, be an efficient planner, and have the ability to solve problems and correct issues in the field, as well as on paper.

If this sounds like you, or you have the required skills and would like to take a shot in mechanical project management industry, here is the link to their company website. (FYI, I would be jumping on this job except for the fact it would require living near the metro area.)

https://completemech.com/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ahh dang was excited till i Saw CADD i know nothing of that... I more of a Data Management guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 01:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ahh dang was excited till i Saw CADD  i know nothing of that... I more of a Data Management guy.

I don't know that a position like that would have to do much actual drafting and design, as much as knowing how to navigate through plan sets and extract the information needed for material lists, building take offs, trouble shooting and problem solving as related to installation.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm good with a table saw and just got a new Incra miter gauge.. I should be a shoo-in except I prefer to screw uncle sam and not pay my taxes..  ThumbsUp
Got the latest version of the Incra 1000HD for less than half price on an ebay auction..Excited
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 02:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm good with a table saw and just got a new Incra miter gauge.. I should be a shoo-in except I prefer to screw uncle sam and not pay my taxes..  ThumbsUp
Got the latest version of the Incra 1000HD for less than half price on an ebay auction..Excited

Remember to keep those blade guards in place, don't want you losing any fingers..  Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Do you have to know how to do like, construction and stuff? And I'm assuming you don't use Windows 7? That's what I'm excellent in man. And one more thing, does mechanical mean building and fixing things? Because I'm not REAL strong there. But I'd be willing to give them a shot.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 07:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Do you have to know how to do like, construction and stuff?  And I'm assuming you don't use Windows 7?  That's what I'm excellent in man.  And one more thing, does mechanical mean building and fixing things?  Because I'm not REAL strong there.  But I'd be willing to give them a shot.

A project manager doesn't actually perform the manual labor, in this case installation of mechanical systems in commercial and institutional buildings that are under construction.  A project manager bids the project (labor+materials+overhead), and then orders all of the materials needed to complete the job, as well as manage and oversee the labor crew on installation of the said mechanical systems.  When unforeseen issues arise, the project manager evaluates the situation, and devises the best and most cost effective solution.  Kind of like an engineer, but only on components of the building's systems, rather than designing the actual building or site.

Unfortunately, viable candidates would need to be proficient in the latest versions of business and industry software.  However, as I understand, they are also accepting applications for warehouse workers and general laborers as well.  Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 08:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A project manager doesn't actually perform the manual labor, in this case installation of mechanical systems in commercial and institutional buildings that are under construction.  A project manager bids the project (labor+materials+overhead), and then orders all of the materials needed to complete the job, as well as manage and oversee the labor crew on installation of the said mechanical systems.  When unforeseen issues arise, the project manager evaluates the situation, and devises the best and most cost effective solution.  Kind of like an engineer, but only on components of the building's systems, rather than designing the actual building or site.

Unfortunately, viable candidates would need to be proficient in the latest versions of business and industry software.  However, as I understand, they are also accepting applications for warehouse workers and general laborers as well.  Cool

Okay Sunset, you have my interest.  But one quick question, do they do a drug test?  For example...I don't know?  Marijuana?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 03:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Remember to keep those blade guards in place, don't want you losing any fingers..  Cool

Blade guards indeed. Do the words 'slightly less than useless" ring any bells? I won't operate one without a riving knife installed, but do own a Sawstop so I ain't worried about my piddy pats anymore.. The work I generally do doesn't play well with blade guards anyway and they really do slow down the work being done. 
That said, I would never tell anyone else to not use them as i have years experience with table saws. Anyone not quite up to snuff? Use the guards at least until you get bitten a few times by a spinning blade and learn to keep your fingers out of the path of a spinning blade..  it's one of those things you don't generally have to relearn multiple times..  Cool
Most of you have probably seen the Sawstop videos of how they work, but until you actually trip the Sawstop braking system unintentionally you just can't really appreciate just how fast it happens..I tripped mine the first month with a tape measure..The tape had a very slight dent on the tape blade.. I thought I'd broken the saw somehow. It occurs so fast your brain can't register it till a few seconds later. It just disappears in front of your eyes with a loud POP! Like magic..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote