Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project the WR yardage totals
Just for fun, where do you think the Bengal's receivers/TEs will end up in terms of yardage?

Here is where they finished in 2016:

AJ Green- 964 yards
LaFell- 862 yards
Boyd- 603 yards
Eifert- 394 yards
Gio- 336 yards
Uzomah 234 yards
Core- 200 yards
Hill- 174 yards
Sexy- 145 yards
Wright, Kroft, Hewitt, Erickson and (haha) Fisher- appx 190 yards combined, for 4206 yards total.

Here is where I see the numbers coming in 2017 which I am sure will end up with a hysterical total for Dalton:

AJ Green- 1400 yards. Way less than he was projected last year, but a product of not having to go to him all the time.

Lafell- 500 yards. This may sound mean, but I see Lafell gaining some of the garbage yardage when they are up, as well as making some key third down receptions. He won't be the #1 target in any game unless injuries are ridiculous.

Boyd- 700 yards. Not a huge leap for the sophomore. I see him as the starting slot WR with Green and Ross outside and he can play underneath. He should be a reliable target for Dalton, but I can also see Lafell taking some snaps from him here. They are paying Lafell pretty well, so i doubt he just sits.

Eifert- 750 yards. Only because they are going to ease him in during the start of the season, and despite being a contract year I think he is somewhat reserved as more of a red zone target, but should get some nice matchups with Ross and Green outside.

Gio- 350 yards. That is a paltry number and I am basing it only on his availability at the beginning (I really have no idea what to expect) and the arrival of Mixon as a strong receiving option.

Uzomah- 500 yards. I think this is his year. He will get a chance to start early as Eifert is brought along and he really shines. He is a massive 6'6" target at 265 lbs, but he moves like a WR. The fact that he was forced in to action early last year and showed decent ability, especially as raw as he was coming out of that system at Auburn, tells me he is ready to take the next step. He may make it difficult for the Bengals to pay a lot to Eifert with him here as well, but that is a another thread.

Core- 400 yards. I could see him making a few big plays in rotation at X with Ross. He will definitely be given a chance to show what he did at the end of last season wasn't a fluke.

Hill and misc.- 200 yards. I don't see Hill with a big roll in the receiving game and I basically just copied what the also-rans did last year.

The rookies:

Ross: 900 yards. It is tempting to picture him catching bombs and having a stat line like 3 catches, 150 yards, and a TD, but I think teams will quickly adjust to holding him underneath and he will accumulate easy 9-11 yard out patterns where he quickly breaks off his route and just moves the chains. He will still get his shots deep, as well as turn a quick out pattern to an 80 yard score with one missed tackle, but overall I tried to be realistic with his targets.

Mixon- 500 yards. I think he will get his targets on early downs and start the year as the third down option as Gio is brought along slowly. A fantastic receiving option, he could easily blow this number out.

So, without any yards for Malone, or Kroft, or Hewitt, as I just had them in the "misc" category, that would give Dalton a 6200 yard season....[b][/b]

Clearly, that won't happen, but when looking at the totals for each player, I bet most of everyone though the numbers we pretty realistic. I could see a significant drop off for Gio(health), Lafell (competition), and Boyd (competition), but even if that were true, it sure looks like Dalton could have the best season by any QB in Bengal's history.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I will say Dalton throws for 4200 yards again due to the running attack adding 30 yards a game average (around 500 yards extra for Hill, Gio and Mixon).

Green - 1100
LaFell - 500
Boyd - 500
Eifert - 600
Ross - 400
Core - 400
All RB's - 450
Rest - 250
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'd be extremely dissapointed if Ross only puts up 400 yards.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 08:42 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will say Dalton throws for 4200 yards again due to the running attack adding 30 yards a game average (around 500 yards extra for Hill, Gio and Mixon).

Green - 1100
LaFell - 500
Boyd - 500
Eifert - 600
Ross - 400
Core - 400
All RB's - 450
Rest - 250

If Dalton throws for the same amount of yards with THIS cast, I will be very disappointed.  He was on pace for close to 5,000 yards before Green went down, and he only had Eifert and Green together a couple games.  Add Ross, Core, Mixon, and a healthy Uzomah to the mix and I think he reaches 5,000 yards passing.  

It wont take MORE passes, but more efficient pass plays....I could see his stat line being 20/25 for 300 yards.  That would imply a couple big plays, but still a good mix of run/pass.  I hate to use them as an example, but the most powerful steeler offense had three really good WRs (and one burner), a really good TE, and a back that could take a check down for 20 yards.  For the first time in the Dalton Era, I could see the same thing happening here.  
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 09:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I'd be extremely dissapointed if Ross only puts up 400 yards.

Maybe he just meant that it what he would put up against the steelers?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Green - 1200
LaFell - 650
Boyd - 550
Eifert (if healthy for most of season) - 650
Ross - 450
RBs - 500
Rest - 250
---------------
4250 yards

Why this seems realistic to me - We expect the line to be a sieve, so Dalton will have to release fast. I expect a lot of short routes to LaFell, Boyd, Eifert, and the RBs. AJ and Ross will get some deep balls occasionally.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Green - 1250+, 10 TD
Lafell - 550, 4 TD
Boyd - 700, 5 TD
Ross - 650+, 7 TD
Eiftert - 650, 8 TD
Core - 300, 2 TD
Malone - <200, 1-2 TD
Uzo - 200, 1-3 TD
Kroft - <200, 1 TD
Gio - 300, 1-2 TD
Hill - 100, 0 TD
Mixon - 200+, 2-3 TD
Erickson - <100, 0 TD
Hewitt - <75, 0 TD

All = 5075 yds, 47 TD

I think realistically we might see Dalton throw for around 4400 yards this season and probably 30+ TD as long as there aren't significant injuries or he has at least 2+ secs to throw. I don't think all these guys will stay healthy or be game day actives, but given some opportunity each 1 should be able to produce.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If Dalton throws for the same amount of yards with THIS cast, I will be very disappointed.  He was on pace for close to 5,000 yards before Green went down, and he only had Eifert and Green together a couple games.  Add Ross, Core, Mixon, and a healthy Uzomah to the mix and I think he reaches 5,000 yards passing.  

It wont take MORE passes, but more efficient pass plays....I could see his stat line being 20/25 for 300 yards.  That would imply a couple big plays, but still a good mix of run/pass.  I hate to use them as an example, but the most powerful steeler offense had three really good WRs (and one burner), a really good TE, and a back that could take a check down for 20 yards.  For the first time in the Dalton Era, I could see the same thing happening here.  

I hope Ross puts up 1000 yards but OL play may dictate more running and a lot of short routes. I am also concerned Ross is missing the May OTA's due to not graduating so will he get behind with the playbook and the timing.

I like AD a lot, but he has never thrown for more 4300 yards I don't believe, so again I hope he throws for 5000+, but not if it means put up meaningless yards in losses because we are down multiple scores in the 4th quarter and had to throw more.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
AJ Green- 1200 (90 catches)
Eifert- 700 (60 catches)
Ross- 650 (40 catches)
LaFell- 450 (40 catches)
Boyd- 300 (25 catches)
RB's- 500 (60 catches)
Malone- 250 (15 catches)
Erickson- 100 (8 catches)

More weapons = more balance. AJ Green won't be going for 1800 yards again (he was on pace last year).

I think LaFell will eat into Ross' usage this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Green-1200
Eifert-600
Ross-500
Boyd-450
LaFell-350
RBs-300
All others-250
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Green - 1500 - 6 TDs
Eifert - 700 - 8 TDs
Ross - 700 - 4 TDs
LaFell - 500 - 3 TDs
Boyd - 450 - 3 TDs
Other - 600 - 5 TDs

Green won't get near 1800 yards for the season as he was on pace last year due to the ball being distributed to more weapons, but he should see less coverage going his way as Eifert stays healthy, and Ross starts giving defenses something else to worry about after 6 games into the season.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 09:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I'd be extremely dissapointed if Ross only puts up 400 yards.

As would I, Ross needs to be on the field his year. Mixon as well, we need to play rookies. Having Green, and Eifert makes it very hard to focus on Ross. I also see Ross adding some exciting plays on returns or WR run plays.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 05:37 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: As would I, Ross needs to be on the field his year.  Mixon as well, we need to play rookies.  Having Green, and Eifert makes it very hard to focus on Ross. I also see Ross adding some exciting plays on returns or WR run plays.

Ross has running ability, for sure.  It's part of what makes him such a complete receiver.  And if he gets a crease...

With him, even fake reverses will make defenses react.  If ever there was a guy to be creative with, it's him.    I also think you could five yard out teams to death with him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Green 1270 10 tds
Ross 730 7 tds
Eifert 700. 7 tds
LaFell 450 3 tds
Core. 250. 1 TD
Boyd. 350. 3 tds
Mixon. 300 4 tds
Bernard 100 0 tds
Uzemah 100. 1 td
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 05:37 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: As would I, Ross needs to be on the field his year.  Mixon as well, we need to play rookies.  Having Green, and Eifert makes it very hard to focus on Ross. I also see Ross adding some exciting plays on returns or WR run plays.

Been saying this even before the draft.  A vertical presence with a healthy TE squad and a healthy AJ Green will create a synergy this team has not had on offense since Chris Henry.  Mixon replacing Hill as a receiving threat out of the backfield will help this as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 08:51 PM)McC Wrote: Ross has running ability, for sure.  It's part of what makes him such a complete receiver.  And if he gets a crease...

With him, even fake reverses will make defenses react.  If ever there was a guy to be creative with, it's him.    I also think you could five yard out teams to death with him.

Exactly.  Ross could be the ultimate chain mover in this realm.  Early on, if a team crowds him on 3rd and 4, you have to take your shots with him down the field.  If they are playing off, just nickel and dime their asses to death.  Tom Brady has made a living of this.  
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2017, 01:55 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Green 1270   10 tds
Ross   730       7 tds
Eifert 700.       7 tds
LaFell   450     3 tds
Core.    250.    1 TD
Boyd.    350.   3 tds
Mixon.  300    4 tds
Bernard   100 0 tds
Uzemah   100. 1 td

So, basically, you are saying that if they stay healthy, all Bengal receivers will have their worst season...And the rookies will contribute minimally.

Core had 200 yards in, essentially, two games last year. 
Lafell had nearly 900 yards.

Boyd had 600 yards.

Uzo and Gio take significant steps back? 

Even in the midst of all this pessimism, Dalton still breaks 4,000 yards with your projections. 
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 03:48 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Green-1200
Eifert-600
Ross-500
Boyd-450
LaFell-350
RBs-300
All others-250

Dalton plays 16 games and you give him his rookie season total for yards?  
Reply/Quote
4300 for Andy and 26 TDs so

1300 for AJ - 8 TDs
600 for Eifert - 6 TDs
600 for Ross - 3 TDs
500 for LaFell - 3 TDs
400 for Boyd - 2 TDs
300 for Mixon - 1 TD
300 for Gio - 1 TD
300 for other - 2 TDs
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2017, 01:59 PM)eoxyod Wrote: 4300 for Andy and 26 TDs so

1300 for AJ - 8 TDs
600 for Eifert - 6 TDs
600 for Ross - 3 TDs
500 for LaFell - 3 TDs
400 for Boyd - 2 TDs
300 for Mixon - 1 TD
300 for Gio - 1 TD
300 for other - 2 TDs

So, just like I asked on other posts, you see Ross taking 400 yards from Lafell, and another 200 from Boyd.  Eifert has just 600 yards, despite being in a contract year and having 400 yards in 8 games a year ago.  

Mixon looks like he steals some of his yardage from Hill (certainly) and Uzomah, who I am assuming you listed under "other", with Cody Core, who had 200 yards last year in just three games.  

I must be crazy optimistic.  Everyone is assuming the Bengals will be a more rush-heavy team, and Dalton will barely eek out his best yardage season ever.  

He has Mixon, a healthy TE squad (all 4 injured a year ago), a healthy AJ Green, John Ross, a second year Tyler Boyd, a consistent Brandon Lafell, and a wildcard like Malone.  

I'm setting the bar at 5,000 yards.  I think Dalton is going to blow away his expectations this upcoming season.  
Reply/Quote