Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected Bengals 2019 Compensatory Picks
(01-08-2019, 01:09 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I think we have had 22 picks total in the last two drfats, the last thing this team needs is more draft picks. Time for Quality over Quantity

It's always been a numbers game. The more people who walk through the door the more chances that at least one of them won't break his neck tripping over the threshold. You can't exactly eliminate the numbers game component of drafting young players without completely breaking the bank overpaying free agents.. 
What we're really hoping for is for Mike Brown to magically get smarter with absolutely no evidence that he's ever done so in the past. 
Sure, that's gonna happen..because when fewer people buy tickets it automatically makes Mike Brown a genius. You just have to wish harder.  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here comes Hobson with an article telling us how great comp picks are for the Bengals. That 5th round comp pick for losing Whitworth really paid off.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well they could be used to take 3 Tom Brady's, after all.

Ahh but seriously folks, here we are playing the game for comp picks as always while we hope Mike Brown will check himself into the old folks home while our hip and with it next generation owners pick the HC.

Prove me wrong, Mikey!

Yeah, bud, I was more making fun of some of the comments on here about how we can package a few turds for a Ferrari...that kind of thing.

I am glad they have the additional picks, whether they help us move up a bit in an earlier round or they help accumulate more of those "nuts and bots" kind of guys like Fej.  And I always remember TJ was a 7th rounder.  

You're dead on, though, as the selection of the next coach will have a much greater impact.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote