Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye
(05-30-2017, 04:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Possible the Bengals looked into the future and saw that the next couple of drafts were not very good for OTs. So this might work out as them looking like geniuses, taking OB and Fisher. Personally I think they will be better, don't ask me why, I have no facts to back my statement up, just a gut feeling...

Ogbuehi has to be better; doesn't he? He certainly would have to try to be worse than last year. I don't think Fisher's been garbage. He hasn't blown me away, but he's been jostled around a lot, and really hasn't played that much. I have a feeling he settles in a little this year.... I could be completely wrong... I often am.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2017, 01:21 PM)depthchart Wrote: You are right that the National Media will hold back on giving the Bengals credit until they beat say the Steelers. They will also keep the "can't win a Playoff game" slogan going.

However;

The additions of Joe Mixon and John Ross is GOLD to the National Media when it comes to raising NFL Fan interest in the Bengals game highlights by non Bengal fans. Joe Mixon blowing up for say 127 yards and two TDs or John Ross having 4 catches for 116 yards with a 57 yard blazing speed TD will make the Bengals one of the more interesting teams for these Media types to Focus on. Our local team has become a more captivating National Story Line with the addition of these 2 players.

That haven't won a playoff game mantra may be true, but it is more tired than the "Bengals players are all thugs and criminals and should be in jail".  That rash of off-field issues was in 2005 and 2006, and some of them were pretty hilarious...like Steinbach getting a BUI (boating under the influence), and Henry throwing a $5 bill at a parking attendant and calling him a *****.  Meanwhile, rape and pay off, and you are still loved by all.  

Back to your original thought.  That is an interesting approach, and the 2005 Bengals were very entertaining.  The media actually liked the colorful Chad and TJ.  Palmer was monotone Palmer, but the team itself was exciting.  I guess I could see the media liking the Bengals if they start showing some early returns for the picks of Ross, Mixon, and Willis...

I don't know if this cast of characters are as attention-seeking as guys like Chad and TJ, but as popular as fantasy football has become, it would be funny to watch those programs discuss a guy like Mixon as a top fantasy player.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 08:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That haven't won a playoff game mantra may be true, but it is more tired than the "Bengals players are all thugs and criminals and should be in jail".  That rash of off-field issues was in 2005 and 2006, and some of them were pretty hilarious...like Steinbach getting a BUI (boating under the influence), and Henry throwing a $5 bill at a parking attendant and calling him a *****.  Meanwhile, rape and pay off, and you are still loved by all.  

Back to your original thought.  That is an interesting approach, and the 2005 Bengals were very entertaining.  The media actually liked the colorful Chad and TJ.  Palmer was monotone Palmer, but the team itself was exciting.  I guess I could see the media liking the Bengals if they start showing some early returns for the picks of Ross, Mixon, and Willis...

I don't know if this cast of characters are as attention-seeking as guys like Chad and TJ, but as popular as fantasy football has become, it would be funny to watch those programs discuss a guy like Mixon as a top fantasy player.  

If Jeremy Hill leaves after the 2017 season, then Joe Mixon could easily be a Top 5 running back in Fantasy Football starting in 2018.

A 1st round pick in Fantasy Leagues at that point.

The Politically Correct ESPN Media types will have to make some choices on how they approach discussing Joe Mixon on these Fantasy Programs. See what narrative they want to Spin to the Public regarding Mixon.

Do they Spin him as "reformed" if he is staying out of trouble or as a "ticking time bomb" waiting to explode or do they say they "refuse to Draft him" as a matter of principle etc...
Reply/Quote