Poll: Which would you hire a head coach from?
This poll is closed.
Within the org
3.13%
1 3.13%
Outside the org
96.88%
31 96.88%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promote within or go outside
I see pros and cons with promoting the coach from within the organization or hiring someone completely outside. Personally, I would like to see a hire from outside and totally blow up the staff. The culture needs to change to a winning attitude and the locker room could use a reboot. I would recommend trading Dalton and getting the QB from Ohio State as well. However, lets start with building a good coaching staff.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
There are NO - I mean ZERO - benefits to promoting someone from within this mess.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Promoting from within's ship has sailed.  In certain circumstances, promoting from with in is the absolute right choice to make. That's not this time.  Its time to blow it all up and start from scratch.  I wish we could start with a new owner, but that's not gonna happen.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Honestly if they were to stay in the organization I would have preferred Marvin over any of the other guys. To me you have to get a young energetic coach who can motivate the players.
So Outside.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Definately promote from the outside.

Get rid of the stench around this joint.
Reply/Quote
Outside hire.

The only in-house hire I could at least stomach is Darrin Simmons, but even then I wouldn't want it. Say whatever you will about Simmons' performance as a special teams coach, but he's still been here for a very long time and the franchise desperately needs fresh blood at the top of the chain.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Who voted within?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 09:47 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Outside hire.

The only in-house hire I could at least stomach is Darrin Simmons, but even then I wouldn't want it. Say whatever you will about Simmons' performance as a special teams coach, but he's still been here for a very long time and the franchise desperately needs fresh blood at the top of the chain.

Spot on.

(01-04-2019, 01:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Who voted within?

Was wondering the same thing, must of been a mistake.
Reply/Quote

Probably Fred
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Hue?
Reply/Quote