Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Proof Bengals were cheated yesterday
[Image: 17-A394-CD-605-C-447-C-AC5-C-142-AAB9-D9-C39.jpg]

So it’s ok when Mike Williams does this but when AJ Green does it, it gets called? Gotta love the National fixed league
Reply/Quote
This is the reason I was mad about that call. If they are going to let it go all day then don’t call it with 7 seconds left. I guess our DBs should have flopped like their guy did.

Was it PI on AJ? Going by the rules then yes it was. But you can’t ignore it all day then call it when the game is being decided. Frustrating but not surprising that the Bengals somehow lost that game.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:22 PM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: 17-A394-CD-605-C-447-C-AC5-C-142-AAB9-D9-C39.jpg]

So it’s ok when Mike Williams does this but when AJ Green does it, it gets called? Gotta love the National fixed league

I've watched the video of the Green OPI call and it looked like the defender embellished the push from AJ, increasing the likelihood a flag would be thrown.

What's unfortunate though is that many penalties are subjective and sometimes missed completely.
That's what you get when you have humans on the field as the only ones making the calls.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That’s NFL football. One team is always getting screwed. Let’s be happy that Burrow showed he can do it in crunch time and hope the refs let them play next time.
Reply/Quote
The nature of the call is fine bit it's the inconsistency of the call and the timing. They act like if the PI or push off happens at the 9 minute mark in the 2nd quarter it's no big deal but come at the end of the half or end of the game totally different story. I can tell you there is push offs/extended arms on every play in every game in every season by DB's/WR'S.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:22 PM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: 17-A394-CD-605-C-447-C-AC5-C-142-AAB9-D9-C39.jpg]

Problem is our DB's didn't sell it like they just got punched in the face by the Rock.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: Problem is our DB's didn't sell it like they just got punched in the face by the Rock.

Harder to sell it running down the field like that compared to being in the corner of the EZ.

Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_niqnb4Hklm1smcbm7o1_500.gif]

Nothing will change no matter what is said or seen.

Move onto the next game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Meh, it happens. They said football is a game of inches. Except it never really is until it's a vital part of the game or a team is going for it on 4th down. Teams get spotted an extra yard plenty of times.

We also have a year right now where the refs are having to adjust without their normal practices as well. The call was awful, but is what it is. I saw several plays in the first half where the Bolts' O-line had handfuls of Bengals jersey in the backfield and that wasn't being called, either. Not a well officiated game in my opinion.

My only hope going into yesterday was to see that the team was moving in the right direction. And to my eyes, they were. The defense was solid, Burrow only made one truly awful mistake. Taylor called a massively conservative game and it just felt like everyone was trying to get their feet under them. I watched a little of the LV/Carolina game and saw the same thing.

It was also just so weird to watch the teams in any games play without fans. It just felt flat, no matter who was playing. There was no energy, just guys executing plays. And it felt just as lifeless and laissez faire from the refs for the most part, too.

Onto Cleveland...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: Problem is our DB's didn't sell it like they just got punched in the face by the Rock.

I heard Randy Bullock is offering a class in acting.  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Even Burrow knew they weren't calling it all game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'm not saying the refs don't botch calls, but the idea that the NFL fixed a game so Tryod Taylor and the Chargers could win is hard to swallow.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 06:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying the refs don't botch calls, but the idea that the NFL fixed a game so Tryod Taylor and the Chargers could win is hard to swallow.

That, and the fact that when the refs blow a call at game's end it's usually because they don't throw the flag.  It sucks, but at least it's a quick turn around to the next game.  Hopefully the football gods even out the call Thursday night and we get the W up in Shitland.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It was OPI. On to Cleveland.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Honestly, not entirely sure that is a penalty. I believe the distinction between OPI and not OPI is a shove/push. If they are running down the field and a receiver has separation but puts his hand back to keep the defender at bay, I think that is legal.

If someone has clarification on this, that would be great. I just looked up the rule and it does mention a shove and the video used to provide an example of this is nearly identical to Greens case.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/offensive-pass-interference/
Reply/Quote
Why is it when we lose we were robbed? It was OPI and it was called so improve on it and take those improvements to Cleveland.

Reply/Quote
Cheated? Nah. Are the officials consistent hacks that suck sometimes? Yup.
Reply/Quote
Should have never put themselves in that position yesterday with 7 seconds left. That’s a recipe for refs screwing a team.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 06:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That, and the fact that when the refs blow a call at game's end it's usually because they don't throw the flag.  It sucks, but at least it's a quick turn around to the next game.  Hopefully the football gods even out the call Thursday night and we get the W up in Shitland.

The Giants got a ticky tac PI call against the Steelers, so I guess now we can hear Steeler fans whine that the NFL is out to get them.  I tells ya, I've never met a fanbase that thinks they aren't being cheated.  Hell, I don't think I've ever met a person who thinks the deck isn't stacked against him.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Giants got a ticky tac PI call against the Steelers, so I guess now we can hear Steeler fans whine that the NFL is out to get them.  I tells ya, I've never met a fanbase that thinks they aren't being cheated.  Hell, I don't think I've ever met a person who thinks the deck isn't stacked against him.

That has to be a tough game for the officials.  Do we lean toward the small market team with the National following, or do we favor the Major Market team that needs a serious boost?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote