Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Proof Bengals were cheated yesterday
(09-14-2020, 09:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That has to be a tough game for the officials.  Do we lean toward the small market team with the National following, or do we favor the Major Market team that needs a serious boost?

At least it looked as if we may have shed the "bad boy" reputation from the refs where they threw a flag over anything we did.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: At least it looked as if we may have shed the "bad boy" reputation from the refs where they threw a flag over anything we did.

Really?  Two unnecessary roughness calls against Jesse Bates III say differently..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That has to be a tough game for the officials.  Do we lean toward the small market team with the National following, or do we favor the Major Market team that needs a serious boost?

It can't be fixed if the Cowboys and Bears have gone a combined 60 years without winning the SB.

EDIT - I'll admit the NFL is fixed if the Jaguars win the SB this year. Talk about a bs-hollywood story about a down and out team winning it all.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  Two unnecessary roughness calls against Jesse Bates III say differently..   Ninja

I thought one flag was picked up? I was severely distracted during the game.

Reply/Quote

I understand they don't get a lot of people in the stands there, but in no way should LA be considered a small market...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought one flag was picked up? I was severely distracted during the game.

So was our RT...

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought one flag was picked up? I was severely distracted during the game.

No, they called it on both players and said replay the down, which then got 8 or 9 yards.  So it was suddenly short yardage instead of 3rd and long.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So was our RT...

Nice.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It can't be fixed if the Cowboys and Bears have gone a combined 60 years without winning the SB.

EDIT - I'll admit the NFL is fixed if the Jaguars win the SB this year.  Talk about a bs-hollywood story about a down and out team winning it all.

If you watched them play yesterday, you would understand that the Jags are actually a solid, well coached team with a hell of a young QB under center and talent on both sides of the ball.

They ditched the malcontents and showed potential.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If you watched them play yesterday, you would understand that the Jags are actually a solid, well coached team with a hell of a young QB under center and talent on both sides of the ball.

The Stache!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If you watched them play yesterday, you would understand that the Jags are actually a solid, well coached team with a hell of a young QB under center and talent on both sides of the ball.

A lot of people thought they were tanking for Trevor before the season...

I wonder what Cleveland would do if Mayfield continues to look like ass and they end up with the 1st pick? It would be hilarious if they gave up on yet another young QB so soon.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot of people thought they were tanking for Trevor before the season...

I wonder what Cleveland would do if Mayfield continues to look like ass and they end up with the 1st pick? It would be hilarious if they gave up on yet another young QB so soon.

Unless they found a trade partner for Mayfield, they would have to keep him for that final year of the contract as the dead cap money is the same as keeping him on the roster.

If he didn't improve after 3 years, they aren't going to pick up the option but would have the ability to tag him if he pulled a Drew Brees and became good.
Reply/Quote

In this scenario, you lean to the side with the better fanbase. In this case, it's the Giants. Yes, most of them are from New Jersey, but, the typical Jersey douchebag generally is a Jets, Steeler or Cowboy fan. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So was our RT...

Can you blame him? Did you SEE that sideline reporter for CBS?  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote