Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Proper Steps to MAGA?
(07-22-2017, 09:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Thank God people don't say it anymore because while I can infer it's meaning through context, I can't figure out what it's origin could possibly be.

Think of Trump wearing that Stetson last week. Other versions are "all hat, no cattle" and "big hat, no cattle."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-22-2017, 09:52 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't disagree, but I just have to ask what percentage of Clinton voters do you think read any of her white papers? What percentage even know what a white paper is? Interestingly enough, even though I am the type of person that will read policy journals in my free time the way her campaign put those out was a turn off for me. I like to know that there is an understanding of policy and an idea of the direction they want to go. But successful presidents are the big idea types that don't let themselves get too much into the weeds on the details. FDR, for example, had his brain trust for a reason.

Now, between the two, I preferred Clinton (though I didn't vote for her). But what I want is a happy medium between these two. The interesting thing is, though, that if Trump actually understood government and policy he would be more like Clinton in this regard. He is a notorious micromanager. He's just out of his element and is ignorant of the way government functions.

I'm sure they didn't know the ins and outs of the policy...I know I'm not going to dig through every bit of it.

But they trusted she actually knew what she was talking about...while the other side insisted that Trump did while at the same time saying he was an outsider who wouldn't play by the rules.  Meanwhile Trump barely had policy.  He had slogans.

And it's biting them in the hiney as he can't get anything done/passed.

I don't believe he is a micromanager like one that has his fingers in everyone's business and wants to know what is going on from everyone all the time.  I think he's a decelerator who then yells at the people he put in charge because they made him look bad.  If he was really involved, if he was really the hard working businessman he claimed to be, he wouldn't be in the position he is in.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-22-2017, 09:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Thank God people don't say it anymore because while I can infer it's meaning through context, I can't figure out what it's origin could possibly be.

"Cowboys" that only dressed the part but never rode a horse.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-22-2017, 10:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: "Cowboys" that only dressed the part but never rode a horse.

Oh we had a family run insurance agency next to us, and father and son both wore a Stetson and duster to work every day. In suburban Cincinnati.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]