Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Props...
Credit where credit is due... They played well in all 3 phases today. The makeshift O line protected Joe, and the Bengals handled a legit contender in the AFC. First win for Zac Taylor against a winning team... Do it again in two weeks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
First win against a good team in 2 years. Feels great.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Was a good feeling today. Loved seeing the future possibilities of this team. From the coaches down, well executed game. Is it coming together?

Reply/Quote
Burrow has put them in a position to be 6 and 2

So exited for next year.
Reply/Quote
Definitely have to give everyone props today. We basically dominated the Titans other than their little comeback attempt which we finally avoided. The D did enough, finally.

This offense looks better and better and is turning into a machine. Mad props to Burrow, the WRs, OL and ZT for calling another very good game. My hats off.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First win against a good team in 2 years. Feels great.

It does... Even more so because I fully expected a second half collapse. The defense contained them today. Our WR corps is borderline nasty... And how bout Gio Bernard when he fills in for Mixon?... We've been sorely underutilizing him for years. I'm most impressed with the way the line protected Joe Burrow today though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First win against a good team in 2 years. Feels great.

.....more like 5 years.....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Was a good feeling today. Loved seeing the future possibilities of this team. From the coaches down, well executed game. Is it coming together?

I've been as loud as anyone knocking the coaches, but on days like today, there are no complaints. I'll feel better if they string together a couple games like this in a row... Excellent way to hit the bye though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Was a good feeling today. Loved seeing the future possibilities of this team. From the coaches down, well executed game. Is it coming together?

In my opinion, the offense was already together. They've played well enough to have at least 5 wins right now. The defense came around today. Let's hope they can continue to do so. What the offensive staff and players did today with 4 starting linemen out, and Mixon out is nothing short of amazing.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:40 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....more like 5 years.....lol.

For real... It really has been that long since we've knocked off a team that is a serious threat.

Fun fact: 5 years ago today was the last time we beat the Steelers. The only reason I know that is I watched it in the hospital the day after my daughter was born. She turned 5 yesterday.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:40 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....more like 5 years.....lol.

Nah. We beat Baltimore in primetime in 2018. That was a 3 TD game for AJ. Felt like that long though.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah. We beat Baltimore in primetime in 2018. That was a 3 TD game for AJ. Felt like that long though.

Oh yeah....feels like and eternity ago, and the year before was when Boyd beat them at the very end wasn't it? Those are about the only ones I recall.

Reply/Quote
Amen to all the above.

I said this in the Gameday thread: we were down all our opening day OL starters, and 4 from last week. We were also down our starting RB & TE. Never seen injuries like that & have the 2nd string perform that well. Props indeed.

Thing is, we are also not starting our entire opening days starters on the defensive line. Reader & Hubbard on IR. Dunlap traded. Geno did not start vs SD, and I guess he isn't missing, but he ain't starting. Did not see if Daniels started or not.

Never seen such high degree of TO on both lines.
Reply/Quote
Props to all. Props to Joe and the wr's, we weren't real complicated or tricky with all the new faces. Not a ton of space out there. Throws into tight windows and contestecatches were crucial today. Dline wasn't a wrecking crew but they were playing some dudes I've barely heard of too. Oline was doing a good enough job. We didn't call too many plays we had to protect long so it was kind of hard to tell.
Reply/Quote
Very complete game today. Looked good all around.

2 areas to work on... false starts and lining up in the neutral zone.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:36 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Burrow has put them in a position to be 6 and 2

So exited for next year.

Actually the offense line and defense  did that over Burrow, played a good game thank god for late penalty or who knows
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:41 PM)jason Wrote: I've been as loud as anyone knocking the coaches, but on days like today, there are no complaints. I'll feel better if they string together a couple games like this in a row... Excellent way to hit the bye though.

Got a bit iffy there early when they were at like 2 rushes/12 passes, and at the end when they went Prevent way too early on defense. (Also need to clean up those penalties.)

But yeah, overall a solid W against a good team. Feels good.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:37 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Definitely have to give everyone props today. We basically dominated the Titans other than their little comeback attempt which we finally avoided. The D did enough, finally.

This offense looks better and better and is turning into a machine. Mad props to Burrow, the WRs, OL and ZT for calling another very good game. My hats off.
WhoDey2 I can't ***** too much, ZT's play calling is improving. TBS, I'd still like to see more traps, lead blockers ("FB's") and especially misdirection (especially in the Red Zone and inside the 5). The big thing I'd like to see is all the above run out of the same formation. Keep the defense on their heels...

The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 07:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually the offense line and defense  did that over Burrow, played a good game thank god for late penalty or who knows

Read his post again. The OL absolutely DID NOT put us in a position to be 6-2. They played like shit for at least half our games.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 07:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually the offense line and defense  did that over Burrow, played a good game thank god for late penalty or who knows

Eh, the late INT was a serious bonehead rookie throw, but even if the penalty isn't called, I still think the game ends in a win.

And if you knock on the bad throw there, you have to be able to see the other side, which was a triple spin scramble to avoid a sack, and saving a huge loss on a terrible snap from Price that sailed to no where, picking that up and tossing it out of bounds, that was a very heads up move.

Be happy, the team won.

If you want to nitpick the team, pick on the false starts, the damn defensive offsides (again) and some sloppy tackles late in the game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote