Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Props to Hardy Nickerson
Gotta give it up to Nickerson. He finished 4th in tackles and helped us hold the Ravens to under 100 yards rushing. Granted, They'd played from behind and Flacco threw the ball 55 times, but still. Alot of guys played "next man up" very well tonight.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nickerson has looked good both games.
Reply/Quote
Collins had plenty left in the tank. They abandoned the run too early. Glad they did, Buddha is a great back.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I thought he could have potentially broke up that big 45 yarder to Brown but I haven’t watched the replay. In real time it looked like he was right there and yet everyone was only blaming Bates.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought he could have potentially broke up that big 45 yarder to Brown but I haven’t watched the replay. In real time it looked like he was right there and yet everyone was only blaming Bates.

I have no idea how Brown caught that ball. Great concentration.

Also have no idea how Bates din't catch that ball.

Nickerson surprised me by being right there, keeping up with Brown. He just had his back turned to the ball. I don't think he ever saw it. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:16 AM)Shady Wrote: I have no idea how Brown caught that ball. Great concentration.

Nickerson surprised me by being right there, keeping up with Brown. He just had his back turned to the ball. I don't think he ever saw it. 

Fair enough. I probably said some things in the heat of the moment that we’re a bit unfair. Sorry, Hardy!

Reply/Quote
2-0 and he's played okay. Still looking forward to having 55 back. Him Brown and Vigil is actually a pretty good LB core
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:10 AM)Joelist Wrote: Nickerson has looked good both games.

Think he's adjusted to the speed of the game? I don't think LB's the concern for us that it has been for so long. And Burfict will be back for the Dolphins game.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
Vinny Rey gets cut when Burfict gets back.

Bank on it.

Or someone else on D.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Vinny Rey gets cut when Burfict gets back.

Bank on it.

Or someone else on D.

That would be the right move, IMHO. I've always been a Vinnie fan, since the time he signed with us as a UDFA out of Duke of all places. He's always been a "grinder," and he's played well for us for the most part. But we have to go with the youth movement.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:29 AM)Shady Wrote: That would be the right move, IMHO. I've always been a Vinnie fan, since the time he signed with us as a UDFA out of Duke of all places. He's always been a "grinder," and he's played well for us for the most part. But we have to go with the youth movement.

Indeed.

I worry someone like Schreck will be cut, but he's been stellar on teams thus far AND he hasn't gotten an opportunity to catch a pass yet (he will, eventually).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed.

I worry someone like Schreck will be cut, but he's been stellar on teams thus far AND he hasn't gotten an opportunity to catch a pass yet (he will, eventually).

I haven't heard anything on MJ's knee injury, but if he's out for the year, do you think we'll see Andrew Brown brought up from PS? 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed.

I was starting to think Schreck was probably better than Uzomah after this preseason, but the latter made a couple nice plays tonight. Still hope they keep Schreck though.

Reply/Quote
Hardy did a nice job of taking good angles and wrapping up. very solid effort
Reply/Quote
As others have said this is the second game where he has impressed me. Hope we find a way to keep him when Burfict comes back.

Reply/Quote
This D is deep. Wonder if it's deep enough for a 46? If not full time (we're not really set up for this) than on some key 2nd and 3rd and longs?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:16 AM)Shady Wrote: I have no idea how Brown caught that ball. Great concentration.

I thought Bates had that interception.  So close.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Nickerson has played well. He's missed on some coverage here and there, but he's developing nicely.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was starting to think Schreck was probably better than Uzomah after this preseason, but the latter made a couple nice plays tonight. Still hope they keep Schreck though.
As much as we used the TE tonight I think we need a solid four guys at TE in case any go down or get nicked up during a game. We might finally have an OC that can use four TE. 

For the OP post Bates was in right place just needs to finish that play and get in front of the ball so he gets it or nobody gets it. Not his fault just young guy feeling his way. The linebacker did great job keeping up at that point cant really expect him to get his head around to defend it yet with more experience maybe. He did not just blindly reach in with his back to the ball and get a PI call against him which was good.
Reply/Quote
Uzomah was actually one of the faster TE's at the combine the year he tested..The problem was he was rarely thrown to. I'm pretty sure he's the fastest TE we have on the roster.  Not counting Boehringer on the practice squad.
Reply/Quote