Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Props to Hardy Nickerson
(09-14-2018, 10:26 AM)Air Force 1 Wrote: Uzomah was actually one of the faster TE's at the combine the year he tested..The problem was he was rarely thrown to. I'm pretty sure he's the fastest TE we have on the roster.  Not counting Boehringer on the practice squad.

He was another player who changed my mind against the Ravens. He didn't look fast but maybe that was the routes he was running. Regardless, he certainly was tough to bring down once he had the ball and was sure handed last night as well. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Vinny Rey gets cut when Burfict gets back.

Bank on it.

Or someone else on D.

I think we'll cut a WR.  7 is too many
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Vinny Rey gets cut when Burfict gets back.

Bank on it.

Or someone else on D.

On cut day, I was surprised that we cut Junior Johnson, in favor of Nickerson.  After watching a couple games, I now understand why.  He's got great football instincts, and still plenty of room for development. (physically)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 10:26 AM)Air Force 1 Wrote: Uzomah was actually one of the faster TE's at the combine the year he tested..The problem was he was rarely thrown to. I'm pretty sure he's the fastest TE we have on the roster.  Not counting Boehringer on the practice squad.

CJ, due to his build, looks like he's running in molasses, but every catch he makes he seemingly gets 10 yds or more. He is a lot like AJ, in that his speed is deceptive. 
Reply/Quote
The knock on Uzomah has never been his physical traits but rather dropping passes. If he cleans that up he can be special.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:09 AM)Shady Wrote: Gotta give it up to Nickerson. He finished 4th in tackles and helped us hold the Ravens to under 100 yards rushing. Granted, They'd played from behind and Flacco threw the ball 55 times, but still.  Alot of guys played "next man up" very well tonight.

ABSOLUTELY!!! The coaches know what's going on, so GREAT CALL.
He never seemed to be where I expected him in preseason. But HEY, he did GOOD. His speed was a GREAT ASSET last night....

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
Nickerson has been very solid. Can never have enough good LBs
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:09 AM)Shady Wrote: Gotta give it up to Nickerson. He finished 4th in tackles and helped us hold the Ravens to under 100 yards rushing. Granted, They'd played from behind and Flacco threw the ball 55 times, but still.  Alot of guys played "next man up" very well tonight.

Yep...If it wasn't for plenty of easy open-field missed tackles by several Bengal players (secondary) and plenty of 2 defenders on 1 offensive player ,the ravens yardage gets cut down big time....
Reply/Quote

Saw him miss a few tackles but overall he played well for a young guy playing MIKE.

He is smart and is probably a better player than Vinny at this point.
Reply/Quote

Bank on it.

2 weeks ago I would have said you were crazy, but while Vinny is healthy enough to play about every snap on ST he has played ZERO snaps on defense even with Burfict and Brown out.
Reply/Quote
Proved me wrong. If we are 100% hard to say who goes bw core and rey when Burfict comes back.
Reply/Quote
LBers are no longer a worry in my mind.

Especially when Burfict comes back.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 2 weeks ago I would have said you were crazy, but while Vinny is healthy enough to play about every snap on ST he has played ZERO snaps on defense even with Burfict and Brown out.

Another example of an overpaid backup
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
I still wonder about Bufict's health. He wasn't doing so hot last we saw from him in camp. I don't think we can assume that he comes back looking like prime Vontaze. I still recall 2 years back when he retuned fat and out of shape, getting gassed vs Miami, then getting trucked by Zeke in Dallas. I hope the story is different this time....
Reply/Quote
Uzomah is the fastest TE of the 4 on the roster. He's also 10-15 pounds bigger than the others. Pretty sure he'd get the best blocker designation now that Hewitt is gone.
Reply/Quote