Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Props to Zac Taylor
Sorry i doubt him. He has honestly had the offense playing ridiculous and they've been putting up the points this season. So credit where credit is due, watching him and Burrow grow together is fun
Reply/Quote
Let Me be the first to comment here. As CBS announcers said, they had Bengals with all these injuries getting killed. So afterwards they had to rave about the adjustments Coach Taylor did on Defense but mostly that Offensive Line with so many injuries. This was not a game Bengals were suppose to win. It was a great team effort, great job by the replacement players, and great job by the Coaching Staff.

I don't think Zac Taylor is getting fired or going anywhere. He is a good coach that in the Rebuild New Dey has played every team close except for Baltimore. Paul Brown would not fire him. Paul Brown would trade players complaining about being a Bengal. As Paul Brown said on trading a top WR early on in late 1960's, " He acted like he didn't want to be here, and I was glad to accommodate him ". Paul Brown would see Joe Burrow and others are playing hard for Coach Taylor and Coach Taylor is staying right here. Those that want out, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Yes, Props to Coach Taylor indeed. The usual cranks on here will whine, but Coach Taylor isn't going anywhere. He has The Rebuild rolling in right direction. As Boomer Esison says, The Bengals future looks bright.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:47 AM)kevin Wrote: Let Me be the first to comment here.  As CBS announcers said, they had Bengals with all these injuries getting killed.   So afterwards they had to rave about the adjustments Coach Taylor did on Defense but mostly that Offensive Line with so many injuries.  This was not a game Bengals were suppose to win.   It was a great team effort, great job by the replacement players, and great job by the Coaching Staff.  

I don't think Zac Taylor is getting fired or going anywhere.  He is a good coach that in the Rebuild New Dey has played every team close except for Baltimore.  Paul Brown would not fire him.  Paul Brown would trade players complaining about being a Bengal. As Paul Brown said on trading a top WR early on in late 1960's, "  He acted like he didn't want to be here, and I was glad to accommodate him ".   Paul Brown would see Joe Burrow and others are playing hard for Coach Taylor and Coach Taylor is staying right here.  Those that want out, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Yes, Props to Coach Taylor indeed.   The usual cranks on here will whine, but Coach Taylor isn't going anywhere. He has The Rebuild rolling in right direction.  As Boomer Esison says, The Bengals future looks bright.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the irony. lol

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the irony. lol

No irony on my part, I was never on the Fire Zac Bus.  I've said all along that turning around the awful 2018 team would take time.  I've been saying all year that Zac has had The Rebuild close in every game but Baltimore

These people that always want a new coach or new QB every year, Cleveland changed coaches and QB's every year since expansion and Tim Couch, and changing every darn year just caused Cleveland to lose. My point being Zac stays for a while. Give Zac and Burrow time to put this thing together.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:04 AM)kevin Wrote: No irony on my part, I was never on the Fire Zac Bus.  I've said all along that turning around the awful 2018 team would take time.  I've been saying all year that Zac has had The Rebuild close in every game but Baltimore

Nah. It's ironic that you used that phrase, considering the OP. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:04 AM)kevin Wrote: No irony on my part, I was never on the Fire Zac Bus.  I've said all along that turning around the awful 2018 team would take time.  I've been saying all year that Zac has had The Rebuild close in every game but Baltimore

These people that always want a new coach or new QB every year, Cleveland changed coaches and QB's every year since expansion and Tim Couch, and changing every darn year just caused Cleveland to lose. My point being Zac stays for a while. Give Zac and Burrow time to put this thing together.

Fair enough... but I still think Lou Anarumo needs to go ASAP
Reply/Quote
He was a developmental coach. I shouldn't realistically imagine a Mike Brown hire in that situation having a short leash. Growing pains were expected. The agonizingly slow start just makes the wins that much sweeter I guess. We can keep it up.

Boyyyy a win against the Steelers after the bye would be a huge step.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. It's ironic that you used that phrase, considering the OP. 

OK....then I'll add something on Coach Taylor.   Offensive Coach.  So was Paul Brown, Forrest Gregg, Sam Wyche, Andy Reid...Now Marvin Lewis was a Defensive Coach....OK, we know the O Line is in a major rebuild past this season to have blocking like Bengals of 1980's.   Still, we can see where Zac and Burrow are going with this offense.  Burrow gets more use to the playbook and reading NFL Defenses each passing game, and we can see this Zac offense has many upsides. It reminds me of Paul Brown/ Bill Walsh in that it's not all bombs away, and more receivers making Yards After Catch plays. I like how they are getting RB's into the passing game as Brown/ Walsh. When the Blocking is there, this offense works.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He was a developmental coach. I shouldn't realistically imagine a Mike Brown hire in that situation having a short leash. Growing pains were expected. The agonizingly slow start just makes the wins that much sweeter I guess. We can keep it up.

Lewis went 8-8 his first year.
There were murmurs about him coaching for his job in the media, if he doesn't improve he's gone.
Reply/Quote
I give more cr edit to the bacjup.players and burrow than zt
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He was a developmental coach. I shouldn't realistically imagine a Mike Brown hire in that situation having a short leash. Growing pains were expected. The agonizingly slow start just makes the wins that much sweeter I guess. We can keep it up.

I don't need a win against the Steelers (although it would be awesome).  I just don't want to see the complete cluster that we saw against Baltimore.  Pittsburgh is going to get to Burrow, that's a given.  Their guys are better than our guys.  What can't happen is guys coming in unblocked due to Taylor being overmatched in preparation.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:09 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Lewis went 8-8 his first year.
There were murmurs about him coaching for his job in the media, if he doesn't improve he's gone.

No, he's really not...
Reply/Quote
18th in yards
20th in scoring
2-5-1

Need to be at least above average to get props.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Let's not crown him as a savior just yet. He's still only won 4 games as a head coach in 1.5 years.
Reply/Quote
The offense is noticeably better this year than it was last year.
Burrow and Higgins have been a big reason.

I think we saw yesterday how quickly Spain can make a positive impact on OL. He came in for Calhoun after the first drive and I noticed the difference. As much as I think Jordan could blossom into a good starter someday, I think Spain deserves to remain a starter if he keeps playing well.
Price also looked decent. I think we can all agree that he just doesn't belong anywhere else besides C.
Fred Johnson clearly looks better at OT than he does at G.
I liked what I saw from Adeniji in his first full game.

With that said, the OL gets waaaayyyy too many penalties between false starts and holding. I'm sure part of that is due to the fact they don't have consistent starters there week after week, but it's still a big problem.

I'd like to see the DL actually get a sack and stop the run though. Having Reader would obviously help against the run, but it's becoming more clear week after week that DL is a huge need. Bengals need another edge rusher bad. It's concerning to me that Atkins is still only getting ~30% of the defensive snaps. If he's still there by season's end, then a 3T/5T needs to be found in FA/draft to replace him as the starter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:22 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The offense is noticeably better this year than it was last year.
Burrow and Higgins have been a big reason.

I think we saw yesterday how quickly Spain can make a positive impact on OL. He came in for Calhoun after the first drive and I noticed the difference. As much as I think Jordan could blossom into a good starter someday, I think Spain deserves to remain a starter if he keeps playing well.
Price also looked decent. I think we can all agree that he just doesn't belong anywhere else besides C.
Fred Johnson clearly looks better at OT than he does at G.
I liked what I saw from Adeniji in his first full game.

With that said, the OL gets waaaayyyy too many penalties between false starts and holding. I'm sure part of that is due to the fact they don't have consistent starters there week after week, but it's still a big problem.

I'd like to see the DL actually get a sack and stop the run though. Having Reader would obviously help against the run, but it's becoming more clear week after week that DL is a huge need. Bengals need another edge rusher bad. It's concerning to me that Atkins is still only getting ~30% of the defensive snaps. If he's still there by season's end, then a 3T/5T needs to be found in FA/draft to replace him as the starter.

When the season is over, he will have the shoulder surgery and he will be back next year wrecking it.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When the season is over, he will have the shoulder surgery and he will be back next year wrecking it.

Was that mentioned somewhere? I must have missed that if it was.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Props? Zac Taylor is 4-19-1. That’s not “props-worthy.” That’s “fired-worthy.”
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Props?  Zac Taylor is 4-19-1.  That’s not “props-worthy.”  That’s “fired-worthy.”

Eh, I'm not blaming Zac entirely for this year. Players have to make plays too, we've lost some close games because of players not coaching decisions. We've lost some because of Zac too.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Was that mentioned somewhere? I must have missed that if it was.

Yep, he needs surgery and is putting it off to be available this year.
Reply/Quote