Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Props to the Bengals for showing grit
I admit I was a little frustrated at first and I guess the “old” Bengals who collapse was in the back of my mind but man this team showed that they are different this year and showed that they have the grit. I’ll gladly eat crow for my doubts. Great win, who would of thought we would be 3-1 at this point? Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: I admit I was a little frustrated at first and I guess the “old” Bengals who collapse was in the back of my mind but man this team showed that they are different this year and showed that they have the grit. I’ll gladly eat crow for my doubts. Great win, who would of thought we would be 3-1 at this point? Who Dey!

On the road, high scoring opposition, awful injury, screwing by the refs, and they gutted it out !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: On the road, high scoring opposition, awful injury, screwing by the refs, and they gutted it out !

That penalty wiping out the TD was crazy. I see that always every rush. Then, the Lawson sack and strip wiped out due to a poor roughing the QB.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That penalty wiping out the TD was crazy. I see that always every rush. Then, the Lawson sack and strip wiped out due to a poor roughing the QB.

It was bad
Reply/Quote
Did you sell those tickets? Lol

Reply/Quote
Eat away!

[Image: f9dca823570d51c1ffea3fbb4b72cc4f.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Come on guys...The refs certainly weren't great but Atlanta was called for 4 more penalties for 40 more yards. Can we please keep the "refs tried to screw us" crap out this week?
Reply/Quote
This Bengals team is special. Everyone can feel it.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:13 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Come on guys...The refs certainly weren't great but Atlanta was called for 4 more penalties for 40 more yards. Can we please keep the "refs tried to screw us" crap out this week?
The refs are screwing every team this season.

It seems the refs flip a coin every time a QB is sacked to decide if it should be a penalty or not.

Just so happens that the coin always comes up tails when Dalton is sacked.
Reply/Quote
The refs made it hard to watch at times.

At one point it seemed like 3 out of 4 plays drew flags.

It was bad both ways.

But absolutely would like to applaud the team for sticking together and showing off their True Grit in a team victory. .

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: I admit I was a little frustrated at first and I guess the “old” Bengals who collapse was in the back of my mind but man this team showed that they are different this year and showed that they have the grit. I’ll gladly eat crow for my doubts. Great win, who would of thought we would be 3-1 at this point? Who Dey!

This game reminds me of the Cardinals game that ignited the '88 SB run. Same exact feeling. I thought Riverfront was going to collapse with the goal line stand.

Today had the same feeling.

The drive, in the dome - which sounds and feels like a hurricane is coming, just speaks to the fight in this Team.

Nobody sleeps on the flight back.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:13 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Come on guys...The refs certainly weren't great but Atlanta was called for 4 more penalties for 40 more yards. Can we please keep the "refs tried to screw us" crap out this week?

Atlanta literally seemed to have a game plan "We will just hold their receivers...they can't flag every play".   It was ridiculous.  The couple calls against Cincy (roughing the passer and hands to the face) were horrible.  I didn't see any calls against Atlanta that looked like they didn't deserve it.  Those calls could have changed the game.  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 07:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Atlanta literally seemed to have a game plan "We will just hold their receivers...they can't flag every play".   It was ridiculous.  The couple calls against Cincy (roughing the passer and hands to the face) were horrible.  I didn't see any calls against Atlanta that looked like they didn't deserve it.  Those calls could have changed the game.  

We are also Bengals fans and no Atlanta ones. Of course all of the calls seemed to go against us. If you go to their boards I'm sure people are whining about the same thing except they actually got called for way more penalties. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 07:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Atlanta literally seemed to have a game plan "We will just hold their receivers...they can't flag every play".   It was ridiculous.  The couple calls against Cincy (roughing the passer and hands to the face) were horrible.  I didn't see any calls against Atlanta that looked like they didn't deserve it.  Those calls could have changed the game.  

I mean, on Dalton's interception it certainly looked like Kroft was held at the top of his route, but of course we don't get that call haha.
Reply/Quote
Yesterday, I couldn't watch the game because it was my sister's funeral and she was a Bengals' fan.

At the end of the service, in the funeral home parking lot, we let out a bunch of monarch butterflies in the parking lot as part of the ceremony. Once all the butterflies had flown, my niece announced, "And I've just been told that as we released the butterflies the Bengals scored the winning touchdown!"
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:24 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I mean, on Dalton's interception it certainly looked like Kroft was held at the top of his route, but of course we don't get that call haha.

Yes that was the big one that almost cost us the game.  The bad hands to the face call we end up scoring anyway and the rest of the calls to me, came out in the wash and they called it pretty even.

Now the browns, they got truly screwed out of a ballgame that they flat out won and the refs just decided to give it to oakland.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:26 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Yesterday, I couldn't watch the game because it was my sister's funeral and she was a Bengals' fan.

At the end of the service, in the funeral home parking lot, we let out a bunch of monarch butterflies in the parking lot as part of the ceremony. Once all the butterflies had flown, my niece announced, "And I've just been told that as we released the butterflies the Bengals scored the winning touchdown!"

Terribly sorry for your loss.  It's almost like somebody knew what was going down!
Reply/Quote

True.  However, you have to look at when and where those penalties happened.  The "roughing the passer" call on Lawson took it from second and 29 to a first down (ATL scored a TD on this drive).

The "hands to the face" negated a TD; we only got a fg -4 points.

The "interception" was clearly holding, DPI, or illegal contact; take your pick.  Took at least 3 points off the board and I believe ATL scored a TD on the ensuing drive as well.

I don't believe ATL really suffered any "game changing" calls....we had 3.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:14 AM)Sweetness Wrote: We are also Bengals fans and no Atlanta ones. Of course all of the calls seemed to go against us. If you go to their boards I'm sure people are whining about the same thing except they actually got called for way more penalties. 

I can be objective when it comes to officiating.  The defensive holding call on their DB for holding Boyd was hilarious, because on the replay, the DB guarding Green in the background was holding even worse.  They could have called it on either one.  Pathetic
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:26 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Yesterday, I couldn't watch the game because it was my sister's funeral and she was a Bengals' fan.

So sorry for you loss, and that is a beautiful remembrance.  
Reply/Quote