Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Props to the Bengals for showing grit
(10-01-2018, 09:43 AM)WhoDeyandtheBlowFish Wrote: True.  However, you have to look at when and where those penalties happened.  The "roughing the passer" call on Lawson took it from second and 29 to a first down (ATL scored a TD on this drive).

The "hands to the face" negated a TD; we only got a fg -4 points.

The "interception" was clearly holding, DPI, or illegal contact; take your pick.  Took at least 3 points off the board and I believe ATL scored a TD on the ensuing drive as well.

I don't believe ATL really suffered any "game changing" calls....we had 3.

That was pathetic.  Worst call I have seen all year.  Even with a win, I hope Marv is sending tapes to the league.  Don't take it lying down, your team didn't...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 09:43 AM)WhoDeyandtheBlowFish Wrote: True.  However, you have to look at when and where those penalties happened.  The "roughing the passer" call on Lawson took it from second and 29 to a first down (ATL scored a TD on this drive).

The "hands to the face" negated a TD; we only got a fg -4 points.

The "interception" was clearly holding, DPI, or illegal contact; take your pick.  Took at least 3 points off the board and I believe ATL scored a TD on the ensuing drive as well.

I don't believe ATL really suffered any "game changing" calls....we had 3.

Agreed with the latter 2 but that first one is going to get called alot of times. He hit him around the head and had his arms around his facemask. Is it a crap call any of year in NFL history? Yea. But this year that's getting called often
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:26 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Yesterday, I couldn't watch the game because it was my sister's funeral and she was a Bengals' fan.

At the end of the service, in the funeral home parking lot, we let out a bunch of monarch butterflies in the parking lot as part of the ceremony. Once all the butterflies had flown, my niece announced, "And I've just been told that as we released the butterflies the Bengals scored the winning touchdown!"

Sorry for you and your family's loss.....that is awesome how the butterflies/touchdown played out for her though. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 09:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That was pathetic.  Worst call I have seen all year.  Even with a win, I hope Marv is sending tapes to the league.  Don't take it lying down, your team didn't...

Yes it was !

The Bengals have shown that heart and effort they've so often lacked in seasons past. Even in the Carolina loss we were in it the whole time. Let's hope it continues.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:14 AM)Sweetness Wrote: We are also Bengals fans and no Atlanta ones. Of course all of the calls seemed to go against us. If you go to their boards I'm sure people are whining about the same thing except they actually got called for way more penalties. 

The call they(Atlanta fans) seem to be referencing most was the incompletion Andy threw, during the sack, on the last series.  Whether Andy was tucking the ball or not.  We ended up getting the yardage back and a time out was given back.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: I admit I was a little frustrated at first and I guess the “old” Bengals who collapse was in the back of my mind but man this team showed that they are different this year and showed that they have the grit. I’ll gladly eat crow for my doubts. Great win, who would of thought we would be 3-1 at this point? Who Dey!

Honestly, this year i expect us to pull off an upset like this. Wasn't worried. Different team this year. Love it.

The Falcons needed that game and we ripped their dirty bird hearts out with no remorse lol
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:51 PM)Goalpost Wrote: The call they(Atlanta fans) seem to be referencing most was the incompletion Andy threw, during the sack, on the last series.  Whether Andy was tucking the ball or not.  We ended up getting the yardage back and a time out was given back.  

Well, everybody in the booth, including the retired zebra, unanimously agreed that it was a forward pass, so they don't seem to have a leg to stand on in that regard.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:05 PM)McC Wrote: Well, everybody in the booth, including the retired zebra, unanimously agreed that it was a forward pass, so they don't seem to have a leg to stand on in that regard.

They were even trying to give the game to the Falcons, they have no one to blame but themselves not being able to cover
Boyd and AJ Green. Boyd just kept converting 3rd downs and AJ made the play with a beautifully thrown ball from Dalton.

One of my favorite games as a Bengal fan, classic. The refs tried to ruin it though no question.

Flag after flag after flag. BS call on Hart, BS even calling the Dalton sack a fumble. They were trying to give it to them.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:13 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Come on guys...The refs certainly weren't great but Atlanta was called for 4 more penalties for 40 more yards. Can we please keep the "refs tried to screw us" crap out this week?
I agree they did make some bad calls but that is being a human we are not perfect and that why the coaches have the red flag if the play can be reviewed. But they did not win or lose the game for either team as long as the players decide the game and the refs don't I am happy.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:18 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I agree they did make some bad calls but that is being a human we are not perfect and that why the coaches have the red flag if the play can be reviewed. But they did not win or lose the game for either team as long as the players decide the game and the refs don't I am happy.

Agreed. Apparently for some it was too much to ask to not pull the "refs tried to screw us" card. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:37 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Agreed. Apparently for some it was too much to ask to not pull the "refs tried to screw us" card. 

Okay.  We'll just say it was mere coincidence that the quality of calls for both teams was not equal and there were some highly questionable calls against us at critical times which were openly talked about among the announcers, who all happened to be in agreement on the quality of the calls of note.  And we're talking two guys in the booth with absolutely no loyalty or attachment to the Bengals, considering one coached against them twice a year for how many years in the NFL and the other was prevented from being the pilot of the greatest show on turf by a Bengal.

Does that sound better?  Sometimes, when a thing appears to repeatedly and clearly be, sometimes, sometimes it means the thing is happening.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:47 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  We'll just say it was mere coincidence that the quality of calls for both teams was not equal and there were some highly questionable calls against us at critical times which were openly talked about among the announcers, who all happened to be in agreement on the quality of the calls of note.  And we're talking two guys in the booth with absolutely no loyalty or attachment to the Bengals, considering one coached against them twice a year for how many years in the NFL and the other was prevented from being the pilot of the greatest show on turf by a Bengal.

Does that sound better?  Sometimes, when a thing appears to repeatedly and clearly be, sometimes, sometimes it means the thing is happening.

Yep. Every single game every single year for the past 25 years. Here the same crap reasoning every week regardless of evidence to the contrary. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:26 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Yesterday, I couldn't watch the game because it was my sister's funeral and she was a Bengals' fan.

At the end of the service, in the funeral home parking lot, we let out a bunch of monarch butterflies in the parking lot as part of the ceremony. Once all the butterflies had flown, my niece announced, "And I've just been told that as we released the butterflies the Bengals scored the winning touchdown!"

Sorry for your loss. Epic butterfly release story. Tell your sister we said thanks for the help.

Reply/Quote

Touching tribute to your sister. My condolences
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 03:51 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Yep. Every single game every single year for the past 25 years. Here the same crap reasoning every week regardless of evidence to the contrary. 

Come on.  Now you're just fabricating.  I think people are very reasonable in their assessment of the fat old incompetents.  I don't see anybody around here calling good calls bad ones.  For the most part, these things are pretty obvious.   I really think your whole point is not that valid.

And just for the hell of it, what is your evidence to the contrary for yesterday?

For me, the whole story on the fat old incompetents happened this year.  Might have been preseason.  Happened in the end zone.  I believe it was a Bengal receiver making a catch in the end zone.  Could have been an opponent making the catch.  That detail escapes me but doesn't matter in the scenario.

Anyway, the official who had the play right in front of him, right at his feet, in fact, made the right call.  From out of the camera shot entirely, another fat old incompetent comes running in to overturn him.  In the discussion, the out of the camera shot guy was so vehement in his wrongness, that his call ended up being the call until the review showed him to be clearly and utterly wrong.  And he ran halfway across the field and bellowed until he got his way.  That is when I finally decided, once and for all, that these guys sukk.  And nothing has happened since then that has overturned this to me.  In fact, every time I watch a game, it just further reinforces the fact.

If you don't see it, it's cuz you're trying not to.

Reply/Quote