Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospect Juan Duran banned 80 games
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14722827/cincinnati-reds-prospect-juan-duran-suspended-80-games-positive-test

I saw some impressive power from this kid last spring training. Had me excited we might have another Adam Dunn in the pipeline. Guess we know now where that power was coming from, disappointing.
Reply/Quote
Meh..might have been taking it to help an injury heal quicker, but either way it's not going to help him reach the big leagues faster. 80 games is half a season. That's a long time to sit and think about it.. But hey, at least he wasn't caught shoplifting shirts..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man I can't stand that hispanic knock off band.  Especially when they did "Hambriento Como El Lobo". Ninja

[Image: th?id=OIP.M720b88c2d8da98124e490a1111c81...=203&h=166]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He was 23 last year and still just at AA level. And he has not looked good there. Over 2 seasons he has 557 at bats at the AA level and has only hit .248 and drawn 35 walks while striking out 218 times. He has shown some nominal power (23 HR, .454 slg% at AA), but not near enough to make him a major league prospect.

Unless he has been slowed by injury for a few years a 23 year old hitting .248 at the AA level is not going to make the big leagues.
Reply/Quote