Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protesting and Legality of Blocking Highways
(07-14-2016, 09:58 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: If you want to hold an event, then organize it with the municipality. You will get a police presence for security, you will have an area blocked off for you if it is requested and approved, and people may be inconvenienced but at least it will all be done legitimately. Rights are not limitless, and the sooner people recognize this, the better. These people need to make friends with those that understand bureaucracy to help them out. LOL

I don't think making friends is their goal, especially with the police. They want confrontation from the police, so they can post it and keep the lie going.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
They're going to keep doing it. Someone (likely white) is going to run through a blockade hurting or killing protesters. Then it will be used as further fodder as to how whites are insensitive to blacks.
Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=652&v=WHSC-zaYdaQ

It was very satisfying to see the SVU get through, I just wish others had too.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

When people are angry it is easier to motivate them to do angry things than it is to motivate them to take reasonable actions.

Just like Trump has hit a cord with his talk of building walls, denying Muslim immigration, and throwing millions of people out of the country the BLM has fed on the anger and motivated people to act with anger by blocking roads and ruining other peaceful events.
(07-14-2016, 11:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=652&v=WHSC-zaYdaQ

It was very satisfying to see the SVU get through, I just wish others had too.

Watch around 20:45. Cops start moving people off the highway and one jack ass starts taunting them and running down the road backwards... right into a trooper's arms.

It's worth watching how he gets taken down.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-14-2016, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When people are angry it is easier to motivate them to do angry things than it is to motivate them to take reasonable actions.

Just like Trump has hit a cord with his talk of building walls, denying Muslim immigration, and throwing millions of people out of the country the BLM has fed on the anger and motivated people to act with anger  by blocking roads and ruining other peaceful events.

Heard something similar on a podcast this week.  For example poor people want to blame SOMEONE.  So the GOP blames foreigners, the Democrats blame the GOP.  The GOP says WE will stop THEM from taking your jobs and making America "different".  The Democrats same WE will help YOU by making it "fair".

And stupid people eat it up.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-14-2016, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When people are angry it is easier to motivate them to do angry things than it is to motivate them to take reasonable actions.

Just like Trump has hit a cord with his talk of building walls, denying Muslim immigration, and throwing millions of people out of the country the BLM has fed on the anger and motivated people to act with anger  by blocking roads and ruining other peaceful events.

Trump is hitting on issues that Americans care about.
We don't care which bathroom you use, what we care about the most is Jobs and safety.

Illegals are bringing their drugs and cartels over the border and the current method isn't doing enough to stop them.

Trump never said to permanently stop all Muslim immigration. Just put a hold on it until we can are certain we have the best possible vetting process in place before we start allowing more in. This is no different that what Obama did with the Iraqi's back in 2008, temporary ban until new process in place.

Back to immigration, the whole H-1b process needs to be redone.
Several years ago, there was not enough people with degrees in the STEM field. Now there's more than enough people with those degrees, yet the Zuckerbergs, Apple, Microsoft, Infosys, Intel etc all still keep applying for more H-1B visas to bring in foreigners to do those jobs instead of hiring Americans because they can pay them much cheaper. They claim they need the specialized people, but yet, over 40% of the H-1B's are for ENTRY LEVEL Positions (so much for needed specialized talent).

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/the-avenue/posts/2015/04/02-h1b-visa-race-continues-ruiz-Wilson

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/us/last-task-after-layoff-at-disney-train-foreign-replacements.html?_r=1
(07-14-2016, 02:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Back to immigration, the whole H-1b process needs to be redone.
Several years ago, there was not enough people with degrees in the STEM field. Now there's more than enough people with those degrees, yet the Zuckerbergs, Apple, Microsoft, Infosys, Intel etc all still keep applying for more H-1B visas to bring in foreigners to do those jobs instead of hiring Americans because they can pay them much cheaper. They claim they need the specialized people, but yet, over 40% of the H-1B's are for ENTRY LEVEL Positions (so much for needed specialized talent).

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/the-avenue/posts/2015/04/02-h1b-visa-race-continues-ruiz-Wilson

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/us/last-task-after-layoff-at-disney-train-foreign-replacements.html?_r=1

Interesting that you bring this up.
We were on a short vacation to Put-In-Bay, OH and encountered at least 4 foreigners working there on exchange-worker program.
My wife was originally from that area and said that it was never a big thing there, only a few at Cedar Point.
I wonder if there is now an extra incentive given to employers for hiring people on work visas ?
Can they pay them less ?
I'm sure insurance probably doesn't come into the equation.

Side Note: The young exchange-workers were a delight. We talked extensively with a young woman from Prague, a young man from Serbia, and a young man from Bulgaria.
We wanted to adopt the young man from Serbia....lol
(07-14-2016, 04:11 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Interesting that you bring this up.
We were on a short vacation to Put-In-Bay, OH and encountered at least 4  foreigners working there on exchange-worker program.
My wife was originally from that area and said that it was never a big thing there, only a few at Cedar Point.
I wonder if there is now an extra incentive given to employers for hiring people on work visas ?
Can they pay them less ?
I'm sure insurance probably doesn't come into the equation.

Side Note: The young exchange-workers were a delight. We talked extensively with a young woman from Prague, a young man from Serbia, and a young man from Bulgaria.
We wanted to adopt the young man from Serbia....lol

Yes Kings Island, hotels, Fast Food joints have done it here Mason as well.
I have met people from Russia, China, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong. This year and last year, I haven't seen them out and about like I have in previous years. So I'm wondering if there was something going on, or if they've moved Hotels.
(07-14-2016, 01:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Watch around 20:45. Cops start moving people off the highway and one jack ass starts taunting them and running down the road backwards... right into a trooper's arms.

That was by far my favorite part of the video. I cheered as though AJ Green had just caught a 72 yd TD from Dalton. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-14-2016, 01:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Watch around 20:45. Cops start moving people off the highway and one jack ass starts taunting them and running down the road backwards... right into a trooper's arms.

Classic, that had to hurt.
Will these protesters be charged with involuntary manslaughter if someone on the highway is stuck in traffic and can't get any kind of help for a medical condition and dies?
After what just happened in France, they will have to be absolute idiots trying to block a highway. Imagine what a semi could do hitting one of those protests at 65 mph? I dont ever want to see that happen for the record, or violence of any kind brought on the protesters, but they need better common sense.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-15-2016, 12:47 AM)Millhouse Wrote: After what just happened in France, they will have to be absolute idiots trying to block a highway. Imagine what a semi could do hitting one of those protests at 65 mph? I dont ever want to see that happen for the record, or violence of any kind brought on the protesters, but they need better common sense.

Any assembly/crowd makes you worry about this.  Fortunately, it's extremely unlikely other cars wouldn't already be blocking the path (that's what was somewhat unique to the incident in France)

The protests would attract many types of mass killers, whatever their "cause", with respect to notoriety and soft targets.
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-14-2016, 04:02 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Looks like some plans for protesting in 37 cities this Friday.

http://pastebin.com/t51Y8x8c

Well it's Friday. Let's see if the info holds true about the many protests that are planned for today.