Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt
I can never keep track of which form of standing up against the government is patriotism and which part is rampant thuggery.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-22-2016, 03:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Interesting take CNN did between Tulsa and Charlotte, and how the reactions of anger differed. What makes it interesting is that the Tulsa shooting was of an unarmed black man by a white officer. Where as in Charlotte it was an alledged armed black man by a black officer.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/22/us/tulsa-charlotte-shooting-protests/index.html

This was Charlotte...

[Image: 160922101921-02-charlotte-tulsa-response-super-169.jpg]
[Image: 160922101918-01-charlotte-tulsa-response-super-169.jpg]

And this was Tulsa...

[Image: 160922122316-tulsa-church-2-super-169.jpg]
[Image: 160922122208-tulsa-church-1-super-169.jpg]

Charlotte authorities are just making everything worse by refusing to release the video.

There is absolutely no excuse for the way these protesters are acting in Charlotte.  But the authorities are just tossing more fuel on the fire.

Plus the officer in Tulsa has already been charged with manslaughter.
(09-22-2016, 06:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can never keep track of which form of standing up against the government is patriotism and which part is rampant thuggery.

Burning and looting random neighborhood businesses because you can = thuggery

Targeting the oppressive government and the people physically doing the oppressing because they are the problem and you genuinely want to solve it = patriotic
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(09-22-2016, 09:44 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Burning and looting random neighborhood businesses because you can = thuggery

Targeting the oppressive government and the people physically doing the oppressing because they are the problem and you genuinely want to solve it = patriotic

So that guy who attempted to run over 3 police officers was a patriot?
So a black cop shot a black person. And racism against whites is an underlying theme of the riots?

Where is the leader of the white guilt power movement to explain this to me? Fred?
(09-22-2016, 06:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can never keep track of which form of standing up against the government is patriotism and which part is rampant thuggery.

If you're armed and white and you take over a government building, it's patriotic. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-22-2016, 10:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So a black cop shot a black person. And racism against whites is an underlying theme of the riots?

Where is the leader of the white guilt power movement to explain this to me? Fred?

There is no excuse for the riots, but I can explain why they are enraged.

The protest is not just against individual racism.  The protest is against institutional racism.  And in this case it seems that the leaders of the "institution" (the mayor of Charlotte) is suppressing the evidence of what happened.

Think of it this way.  The video must look pretty bad for the Mayor to allow her city to go up in flames by not releasing it.

Police videos are good for both sides.  They protect officers from false claims of abuse, and they protect the citizens from improper action at the hands of law enforcement.  But they have to be seen to serve this purpose.

To the black community it must seem like the system is getting over on them by suppressing the video.  If you could take a moment to look at it from their point of view then you would understand what I mean.
(09-22-2016, 09:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Plus the officer in Tulsa has already been charged with manslaughter.

But they should have arrested her at the scene!  They also bought her a cheeseburger!
(09-23-2016, 12:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no excuse for the riots, but I can explain why they are enraged.

The protest is not just against individual racism.  The protest is against institutional racism.  And in this case it seems that the leaders of the "institution" (the mayor of Charlotte) is suppressing the evidence of what happened.

Think of it this way.  The video must look pretty bad for the Mayor to allow her city to go up in flames by not releasing it.

Police videos are good for both sides.  They protect officers from false claims of abuse, and they protect the citizens from improper action at the hands of law enforcement.  But they have to be seen to serve this purpose.

To the black community it must seem like the system is getting over on them by suppressing the video.  If you could take a moment to look at it from their point of view then you would understand what I mean.

The riots are caused because people created boogeymen to enrage POCs which they fell for.  Institutional racism and white privilege are just examples of these boogeymen that just are real.

The city of Charlotte (where I used to live and worked until I moved overseas) has a lot of blacks and black leadership, the guy was shot by a black cop for crying out loud.  Yet the people targeted by the mob?  White people.... a serious disconnect here. 

Not only that, but why release the video when even in clear cut videos like the one in Tulsa people see different things?  In the Tulsa video, I saw a black male refuse to follow any instruction and do what he pleased even at the risk of the officers present.  You saw a man with his hands in the air and one that posed no threat to  the officers. So releasing a video will only validate whichever side you are on, and not actually exonerate anyone. 
(09-23-2016, 02:57 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: The riots are caused because people created boogeymen to enrage POCs which they fell for.  Institutional racism and white privilege are just examples of these boogeymen that just are real.

The city of Charlotte (where I used to live and worked until I moved overseas) has a lot of blacks and black leadership, the guy was shot by a black cop for crying out loud.  Yet the people targeted by the mob?  White people.... a serious disconnect here. 

Not only that, but why release the video when even in clear cut videos like the one in Tulsa people see different things?  In the Tulsa video, I saw a black male refuse to follow any instruction and do what he pleased even at the risk of the officers present.  You saw a man with his hands in the air and one that posed no threat to  the officers. So releasing a video will only validate whichever side you are on, and not actually exonerate anyone. 

This right here folks.  Always the officers at risk when the 'criminal' has 4 guns pointed at his head. 
(09-22-2016, 10:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So that guy who attempted to run over 3 police officers was a patriot?

Were they the first 3 random officers he saw or were they specific targets for vigilante justice?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(09-23-2016, 02:57 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: The riots are caused because people created boogeymen to enrage POCs which they fell for.  Institutional racism and white privilege are just examples of these boogeymen that just are real.

Mellow

Nothing in the video showed that.  That is what the officer said happened BEFORE the video.  So if that is what you saw it's not just people seeing "different things"...its wrong.

Nonetheless whether you want to believe in the other side's cause or not protests are not bad.  Violence, rioting, looting...all those things are horrible and do nothing to forward any conversation or ideas.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-23-2016, 09:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Nothing in the video showed that.  That is what the officer said happened BEFORE the video.  So if that is what you saw it's not just people seeing "different things"...its wrong.

Nonetheless whether you want to believe in the other side's cause or not protests are not bad.  Violence, rioting, looting...all those things are horrible and do nothing to forward any conversation or ideas.

I have never seen an officer allow a suspect walk around when they have had their guns drawn.  The command has always been to "Get on the ground". 

So yes the video does show a non compliant person just ignoring instructions.

I noticed that the first time I saw the video before the officer made any statements.
(09-23-2016, 07:10 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This right here folks.  Always the officers at risk when the 'criminal' has 4 guns pointed at his head. 

Yep, a criminal who had committed many illegal acts... your point?
(09-23-2016, 09:27 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Yep, a criminal who had committed many illegal acts... your point?

that being arrested in the past does not mean you can be shot in the future?
(09-23-2016, 10:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: that being arrested in the past does not mean you can be shot in the future?

According to Fred you can.  He has flat out stated that if something has happened in the past you can assume it happened again.  I would disagree and find it a little disturbing that a defense lawyer would take that position.
(09-23-2016, 11:07 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: According to Fred you can.  He has flat out stated that if something has happened in the past you can assume it happened again.  I would disagree and find it a little disturbing that a defense lawyer would take that position.

Interesting spin there.   Smirk
(09-23-2016, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: Interesting spin there.   Smirk

Take it up with your buddy.  Also, hypocrisy is a stinky cologne.
And once again, one member belittles another for stating a different opinion. Even in NSFW, this isn't going to work. If you guys want P'nR to continue, you're going to have to find a way to accept your differences respectfully or lose the forum ultimately - either for yourself or for all.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]