Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt
(09-21-2016, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So police have never dropped a pant gun to cover up for shooting an unarmed man?

I can absolutely guarantee no LEO has ever dropped a pant gun at a scene.

Quote:It is all just the imagination of nut jobs like Alex Jones?

Pretty much yeah.  Please feel free to cite all the examples of it happening you can possibly find.  The internet is an ocean of information after all.

Quote:Your attitude about all of this is a perfect example of why police have such a bad reputation in many communities.

Yes, responding with derision to unfounded, inane claims does display a poor attitude.  Why don't you answer the legal question I posed you earlier? 
(09-21-2016, 04:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe he just has those heightened senses that allow him to just listen to a story and be 100 percent certain who is lying.

You have heard of people like that haven't you?  They can tell who is a criminal without any evidence at all other than just looking at them or speaking to them.

I can certainly detect a lawyer who lacks basic knowledge of the law.  I'll be sure and post the screen cap of that post you hastily deleted when I get home.  Can't have people forgetting that a person who claims to be a lawyer lacks basic knowledge of the law.

As for you snarky "point" you deliberately misstate the point that was made that day as you always do when you can't directly refute the point being made.  Being a smart ass is a very poor substitute for a cogent argument "counselor".
(09-21-2016, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So police have never dropped a pant gun to cover up for shooting an unarmed man?

Typical Fred. Has pant guns on the brain.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-21-2016, 04:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Nope, he was exonerated. It apparently did divide the local community up there though but not to the point of rioting and burning stuff.

Because fleeing a cop is an offense worthy of the ultimate punishment.
(09-21-2016, 04:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  Why don't you answer the legal question I posed you earlier? 

What legal question?
(09-21-2016, 04:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I can certainly detect a lawyer who lacks basic knowledge of the law.  I'll be sure and post the screen cap of that post you hastily deleted when I get home.  Can't have people forgetting that a person who claims to be a lawyer lacks basic knowledge of the law.

Go ahead and post it.  The reason I deleted it was because I realized it was wrong.  No one corrected me.  It was all my own knowledge.

Unlike you I am willing to admit that I have made a mistake and moved to correct it.  Your attitude about how you are perfect and can even tell who is a criminal with zero evidence other than your infallible "senses" is the very root of most problems that communities have with police officers.  Too many LEO's think that they don't need any tangible evidence at all to justify treating an innocent person like a criminal because they all have these "powers" that allow them to know the truth without any proof at all. 
(09-21-2016, 04:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Pretty much yeah.  Please feel free to cite all the examples of it happening you can possibly find.  The internet is an ocean of information after all.

Wow, A LEO who claims he has never heard of the CRASH Unit and the Rampart investigation.  You guys really do need more training.

Then there is this one.....http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/7492/  Newly released footage has shed a troubling new light on a 2011 police shooting in St. Louis, showing an officer gun down a black suspect and then planting a gun on the crime scene.

and this one....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3367933/Shocking-video-shows-cops-planting-gun-shooting-handcuffed-man-23-dead-execution.html

and this one...https://thinkprogress.org/officer-will-be-charged-with-murder-after-video-shows-him-killing-black-man-who-was-fleeing-e2e2758e55a6#.c3ixttikh

But clearly anyone who believes an officer would drop a gun is just an Alex Jones nutjob. Rolleyes
Anyhow, what happened in Tulsa?
There's a video of it, has anyone watched it?
Did it seem justifiable?
(09-21-2016, 06:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Anyhow, what happened in Tulsa?
There's a video of it, has anyone watched it?
Did it seem justifiable?

Two videos.  Neither show the victim doing anything threatening or violent.

Also three other police officers standing right there who did not see the need to use deadly force.  Anyone defending the shooter in this case will have to claim that three other officers were all wrong.
(09-21-2016, 04:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Nope, he was exonerated. It apparently did divide the local community up there though but not to the point of rioting and burning stuff.

If it happens more often there will be.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(09-21-2016, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Go ahead and post it.  The reason I deleted it was because I realized it was wrong.  No one corrected me.  It was all my own knowledge.

No you deleted it because you screwed up.  If I hadn't caught it you'd have pretended it never existed.  Admitting you were wrong would have been leaving it up and acknowledging your error.  Instead you tried to "burn" the evidence and got caught.  Again, you made such basic legal errors it makes me question your honesty. 

Quote:Unlike you I am willing to admit that I have made a mistake and moved to correct it.

If by correct it you mean deleting it and hoping no one saw it then sure.

Quote:Your attitude about how you are perfect and can even tell who is a criminal with zero evidence other than your infallible "senses" is the very root of most problems that communities have with police officers.

Never said that. Smirk

Quote:Too many LEO's think that they don't need any tangible evidence at all to justify treating an innocent person like a criminal because they all have these "powers" that allow them to know the truth without any proof at all. 

Never said that. Smirk
(09-21-2016, 06:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Two videos.  Neither show the victim doing anything threatening or violent.

Also three other police officers standing right there who did not see the need to use deadly force.  Anyone defending the shooter in this case will have to claim that three other officers were all wrong.

...and anyone that suggests this Officer made a mistake doesn't think women make effective Law Enforcement Officers and should just stay home in the kitchen where they belong.

Man this is fun; I see why you do it so often. 

(09-21-2016, 08:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and anyone that suggests this Officer made a mistake doesn't think women make effective Law Enforcement Officers and should just stay home in the kitchen where they belong.

Man this is fun; I see why you do it so often. 

This post makes no sense to me.

What point are you trying to make?
Was watching some news coverage of the two most recent incidents.

In Tulsa the lawyer for the officer who did the shooting is saying that before the video the victim had his hands in his pockets and was not following commands.  Also she thought he was high on PCB.  Why?  Don't know yet.

Even with that IN the video he seems to be doing as he is told...before he is shot.

In Charlotte the officers are saying the victim did not drop his gun when ordered to.  My question is:  Why did they order him to?  2nd amendment and all that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-21-2016, 07:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Never said that. Smirk

Never said that. Smirk

So you never claimed that you could tell if a person was involved in criminal activity by doing nothing other than just speak to them for a few seconds?

I'll refresh your memory.  Remember the guy who asked you what time it was and you KNEW he was involved in some sort of criminal activity?  I'll look it up if you don't recall.
(09-21-2016, 07:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No you deleted it because you screwed up.  If I hadn't caught it you'd have pretended it never existed.  Admitting you were wrong would have been leaving it up and acknowledging your error.  Instead you tried to "burn" the evidence and got caught.  Again, you made such basic legal errors it makes me question your honesty. 

If by correct it you mean deleting it and hoping no one saw it then sure.

If you forget something on your way to work do you call all of your friends and tell them or do you just turn around and go back to get it?

If you don't tell all of your friends does that mean you are "burning the evidence"?  Does it mean people should question your honesty?
(09-21-2016, 06:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Two videos.  Neither show the victim doing anything threatening or violent.

Now I normally defend cops, but a mistake might have been made in Tulsa.

Seems like the DOJ has already announced that they will investigate it. We'll have to see how this one plays out.

A guy holding a gun is a threat.
The cops story is a little fishy, but dead men can't defend themselves. So that one will most likely end in the LEO's favor.
(09-21-2016, 09:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Was watching some news coverage of the two most recent incidents.

In Tulsa the lawyer for the officer who did the shooting is saying that before the video the victim had his hands in his pockets and was not following commands.  Also she thought he was high on PCB.  Why?  Don't know yet.

Even with that IN the video he seems to be doing as he is told...before he is shot.

In Charlotte the officers are saying the victim did not drop his gun when ordered to.  My question is:  Why did they order him to?  2nd amendment and all that.

Pretty certain that even if you are a CCP holder, you must abide by Police commands when instructed.  Police authority supersedes any citizen in a moment of confrontation. (or so I understand from my Grandfather, a retired OSP Post Commander)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Looks like the violence is spinning back up tonight.

(09-21-2016, 10:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pretty certain that even if you are a CCP holder, you must abide by Police commands when instructed.  Police authority supersedes any citizen in a moment of confrontation. (or so I understand from my Grandfather, a retired OSP Post Commander)

But he wasn't a suspect.  He was a guy who got out of his car holding a gun.

And did they approach him with their weapons drawn?  If so...why?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.