Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Proud Boys
(12-23-2020, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think what we are seeing here is a classic example of the influence of the media.

People from the right listen to right-wing news sources and these right wing news sources tell them that the left thinks that burning and looting and violence are "fine".  Then, even though no one here has said anything like that we are being accused of saying it because the the right-wing media has programed these viewers to believe it is true.

Since we are talking about the Proud Boys I have a great example of how just being exposed to right wing news sources can effect a persons beliefs.  Here is the response from another thread to a post calling the proud Boys "super terrible".

I think it could be things like when someone like The Proud Boys (what an awful name) do something we get a "But Antifa right?" as if we can't criticize both groups or any other group at one time.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I will add that while I don't spend much time reading about the Proud Boys, or Antifa for that matter, the Proud Boys disgust me, and I in no way want to be associated with them. The peaceful transfer of power is what makes everything else work. The results of an election can burn you up inside, but you suck it up and wait for it to change.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 09:44 AM)Big Boss Wrote: So just to clarify, do Blue Lives Not Matter anymore?

They only matter when they are on "your side".

If they try to actually enforce the law then they are part of the problem!  Cool

And let me say again that while ALL violence is bad there are those who lump in ALL of the BLM protests with violence and vandalism that occurs in the vicinity.  Meanwhile the Proud Boys are doing this because Trump lost an election.  That's the reason.  Not to better anyone or anything.  They are mad that the guy they thought was as racist as they are lost the election so they are not protesting...they are attacking.

So, you know, exactly the same as Antifa and BLM.  Right?  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I will add that while I don't spend much time reading about the Proud Boys, or Antifa for that matter, the Proud Boys disgust me, and I in no way want to be associated with them.  The peaceful transfer of power is what makes everything else work.  The results of an election can burn you up inside, but you suck it up and wait for it to change.

Exactly.  They aren't even protesting...they are just attacking.  And they have been actively encouraged to do so by Trump.  Not tacitly like has been suggested in Oregon because the politicians there didn't do "enough".  Trump wanted this and he got it.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
They know the time of the government looking the other way is over. This will all slow down and dissipate sooner than you think. The racists are at their peak of brazenness. After the stupid ones are arrested or injured, they'll all melt back into the shadows again where they've been for years.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
When their screaming and protesting doesn't magically overturn the will of the people they'll at least get to hear their leader tell them that they've failed and were too cowardly to fight the corrupt government.  

There is no future to siding with Trump. He's going to sell you out eventually.  I like how he told his supporters Pence can make him president today.  That's nice for Pence to have millions of people ready to crucify you when you don't do the impossible
Reply/Quote
They seem nice.

Who could have imagined?
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
I mean isn't this exactly what the BLM marches were like?  Ninja

You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Mother Nature's way of weeding out the stupid
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Proud Boys are about a step down from those guys running around in Brown Shirts in Germany in the 1920s.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Proud Boys are about a step down from those guys running around in Brown Shirts in Germany in the 1920s.

Yep. Neither group is known for their intelligence.

The leader of their racist group identifies as an Afro-Cuban.

Racist words in this Dave Chappelle skit
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:25 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I think it could be things like when someone like The Proud Boys (what an awful name) do something we get a "But Antifa right?" as if we can't criticize both groups or any other group at one time.  

I think you get it the other way around as well.  At this point I think we can all say that both organizations are toxic and should be dealt with harshly when they break the law.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the proud boys are going to stick by trump to the end. Ie, are they going to help move his stuff out of the white house in a few days?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 03:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think you get it the other way around as well.  At this point I think we can all say that both organizations are toxic and should be dealt with harshly when they break the law.

Absolutely. We need to quit excusing shit people because they are for or against the same people as you are.

Reply/Quote
Anyone who breaches the Capitol should be shot, straight up. I don't ever want to hear some "but Antifa" horseshit. They're literally trying to push past law enforcement to enter the Capitol to disrupt the certification of our election, with threat of violence.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 04:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Anyone who breaches the Capitol should be shot, straight up. I don't ever want to hear some "but Antifa" horseshit. They're literally trying to push past law enforcement to enter the Capitol to disrupt the certification of our election, with threat of violence.

I just said in the other thread they must have ran out of rubber bullets and tear gas after the photo op.

But remember there are those who defended the taking of empty federal buildings so how hard is it for them to move to being okay with charging filled federal buildings because you "believe" in something?

This is the "taking up arms" they talked about wanting...and no one is stopping them.

Side note:  The cop in Wisconsin who shot a guy seven times in the back isn't being charged because the victim *might* have been reaching for a knife.  I don't know if that's related or not to the lack of response here.  Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 04:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Anyone who breaches the Capitol should be shot, straight up. I don't ever want to hear some "but Antifa" horseshit. They're literally trying to push past law enforcement to enter the Capitol to disrupt the certification of our election, with threat of violence.

I'm pretty much anti-violence but I'm 100% on board with this.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
How are the Republicans who complained about the "rioting" of the left going to spin this, do you figure?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 04:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: How are the Republicans who complained about the "rioting" of the left going to spin this, do you figure?

They love Trump.

That's all it takes.

They are anti-democracy because of a reality television star and he is proud of it.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote