Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Proud Boys
A capitol police officer has died now from the insurrection yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 09:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: A capitol police officer has died now from the insurrection yesterday.

Blue lives, something.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 09:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: A capitol police officer has died now from the insurrection yesterday.

WTF?!?! How did that happen?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: WTF?!?! How did that happen?

There were several officers taken by EMS due to injuries from the terrorists. Apparently one took a bad turn.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There were several officers taken by EMS due to injuries from the terrorists. Apparently one took a bad turn.

I'm not finding it on any news outlet right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm not finding it on any news outlet right now.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/capitol-police-officer-dead-after-riot/index.html
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm not finding it on any news outlet right now.

Just saw that it was apparently inaccurate. Capitol Police says none were killed, just several hospitalized. Sorry, just had stitches in my hand and I am on my phone or I would link.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: WTF?!?! How did that happen?

Was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher by a rioter. He is on life support for a little while longer but will be removed once family arrive.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:39 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/capitol-police-officer-dead-after-riot/index.html

Thank you, I never go on CNN.

(01-07-2021, 10:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Just saw that it was apparently inaccurate. Capitol Police says none were killed, just several hospitalized. Sorry, just had stitches in my hand and I am on my phone or I would link.

Unfortunately, it appears to be accurate.

(01-07-2021, 10:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: Was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher by a rioter. He is on life support for a little while longer but will be removed once family arrive.

Fuggin ridiculous.  Even if you buy into the election fraud story how are you going to attack LEO's just doing their job?  I'll reiterate what I've always said, anyone who attacks an LEO in the course of their duties should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Thank you, I never go on CNN.
I'm not a regular CNN consumer, it was linked off of someone's twitter
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Fuggin ridiculous.  Even if you buy into the election fraud story how are you going to attack LEO's just doing their job?  I'll reiterate what I've always said, anyone who attacks an LEO in the course of their duties should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

There's been several stories both ways, so honestly I'm not sure if an officer died or not. I'd give it a day to sort out.

I think one of the more disturbing things to come out of this has been the "the officers were in on it" angle on social media. It started as soon as the riots did. People asking 'well, how'd they get in there if there were cops?' Then it morphed into snippet videos of 'see, they're moving barricades so the people can get in.' A friend of mine posted a video of a cop backing up, climbing stairs, backing up, climbing stairs. The poster alleges the officer was leading rioters on the correct path.

It's disgusting, and awfully telling of the mindset. A few months ago it was 'WTG Proud Boys, sure you killed some cops, but you're standing up to ANTIFA, who is the real threat to cops.' Now it's 'The cops are in on it, it's not the Proud Boys fault.'
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 12:01 AM)Benton Wrote: There's been several stories both ways, so honestly I'm not sure if an officer died or not. I'd give it a day to sort out.

I think one of the more disturbing things to come out of this has been the "the officers were in on it" angle on social media. It started as soon as the riots did. People asking 'well, how'd they get in there if there were cops?' Then it morphed into snippet videos of 'see, they're moving barricades so the people can get in.' A friend of mine posted a video of a cop backing up, climbing stairs, backing up, climbing stairs. The poster alleges the officer was leading rioters on the correct path.

It's disgusting, and awfully telling of the mindset. A few months ago it was 'WTG Proud Boys, sure you killed some cops, but you're standing up to ANTIFA, who is the real threat to cops.' Now it's 'The cops are in on it, it's not the Proud Boys fault.'

I believe the "Letting them past the barrier" was filmed with hundreds of people already behind the cameraman. Their opening of the barriers appeared to me to be very minimal and was possibly done to just allow them to get to the steps of the Capital. I think that the police were letting them through so they don't get all "jacked up" from the adrenaline of "breaking through the barriers".

If there's other video of them just letting them in, I haven't seen it yet.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 12:14 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I believe the "Letting them past the barrier" was filmed with hundreds of people already behind the cameraman. Their opening of the barriers appeared to me to be very minimal and was possibly done to just allow them to get to the steps of the Capital. I think that the police were letting them through so they don't get all "jacked up" from the adrenaline of "breaking through the barriers".

This all goes to what I said earlier about optics, though. The perception of that action will be hard to change.

Reply/Quote
Well the federal death chamber has been active of late. If they killed a cop, time to put some more in line for it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 12:14 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I believe the "Letting them past the barrier" was filmed with hundreds of people already behind the cameraman. Their opening of the barriers appeared to me to be very minimal and was possibly done to just allow them to get to the steps of the Capital. I think that the police were letting them through so they don't get all "jacked up" from the adrenaline of "breaking through the barriers".

The conspiracy theories run fast a furious these days:

The cops were in on it.
It was a busload of Antifa that cause the trouble.

Chose a side, pick your poison.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 06:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well the federal death chamber has been active of late. If they killed a cop, time to put some more in line for it.

MSNBC just said the officer died from his injuries. 

So we are at five people dead because of Trump's delusions, Rudy's call for "combat justice", Junior's declaration that they "are coming for" the people who won't support his dad.

Any death is bad.  It's awful that ANY of them died because of this because this should have never happened.

I suppose though that since it now  it was a police officer it will get a few people who were willing to say "tsk tsk" to finally see it was an angry mob and come out strongly against the events and the leaders of it: Trump and his ilk.  That further saddens me. 

Of course I'm sure we'll also be told about how "the left" treats the police too because it's impossible to take full responsibility anymore.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 12:01 AM)Benton Wrote: There's been several stories both ways, so honestly I'm not sure if an officer died or not. I'd give it a day to sort out.

Wish I'd have seen this before I posted above.

Exactly. 

The must defend Trump and the MAGA Crowd and The Proud Boys at all costs...everything is a conspiracy out to get them because their leader is incapable of understanding reality.

Kudos.
Reply/Quote

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I haven't seen a story of Proud Boys, or other far right groups, killing LEO's prior to this week's events.  Also, one of my friends who follows these things more closely than I showed me proof that one of the main agitators in the crowd, as photographed, is a known anarchist who was at numerous BLM and Antifa protests over the past year as a supporter.  I'm not saying the entire thing was a false flag, by any means, but there was at least one far left plant in that crowd.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I haven't seen a story of Proud Boys, or other far right groups, killing LEO's prior to this week's events.  Also, one of my friends who follows these things more closely than I showed me proof that one of the main agitators in the crowd, as photographed, is a known anarchist who was at numerous BLM and Antifa protests over the past year as a supporter.  I'm not saying the entire thing was a false flag, by any means, but there was at least one far left plant in that crowd.

Dunno about that guy. The only Id I've seen is the newly elected pro trump state rep that was filming himself
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I haven't seen a story of Proud Boys, or other far right groups, killing LEO's prior to this week's events.  

Do you consider Boogaloo boys far right? One shot and killed two federal security officers back in May in Oakland.

Also this details some of the Far-Right crime on cops.
https://start.umd.edu/sites/default/files/files/media/Far-Right_Attacks_on_US_Law_Enforcement_PressRelease.pdf

The other issue is that the Far Right has infiltrated local law enforcement itself. As far back as 2006 the FBI was warning people about the growth of Far Right memebers in LE.
Reply/Quote