Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud Grandpa!
My girl Olive, my black lab, had quadruplets this morning! 3 girls and 1 boy. The plan was to train them for service dogs, but I now want to keep them! Lol
Reply/Quote
Congratulations!

Did you pass out cigars or dog biscuits?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 12:19 PM)Benton Wrote: Congratulations!

Did you pass out cigars or dog biscuits?

Padron 1926 maduro for me.  I can't rationalize paying for one myself, but it seems perfectly reasonable for sandwedge to buy me one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 08:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Padron 1926 maduro for me.  I can't rationalize paying for one myself, but it seems perfectly reasonable for sandwedge to buy me one.

Send me your address, I'll mail a shot to you!! LMAO
Reply/Quote
Update on the kids. Olive had a fever, took her to the vet, charged me $600 to tell me he couldn't find what was wrong with her....
Pups all have names now, Rowdy, Jeza, Cersi and Stinky. Stinky is well deserving of her name...
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 12:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Send me your address, I'll mail a shot to you!! LMAO

Padron not Patron.   Tongue

[Image: 1215728938padron-serie-1926-sampler-maduro_1.png]
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Mazel tov, what kind of service dogs will they be?

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 03:29 PM)Bryan Wrote: Mazel tov, what kind of service dogs will they be?

Labs are very intelligent and obedient. Although I’m not sure of their strengths in the service dog arena, having owned one in the past leads me to think there’s not much they couldn’t do.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 03:29 PM)Bryan Wrote: Mazel tov, what kind of service dogs will they be?

I'm not sure yet. 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 07:23 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Labs are very intelligent and obedient. Although I’m not sure of their strengths in the service dog arena, having owned one in the past leads me to think there’s not much they couldn’t do.

I will never have anything but a lab anymore. Highly intelligent but dingy as hell. I have a beagle also, came with the wife and kids and that dog has a mind of her own. Cute as hell, but stubborn.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 11:21 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm not sure yet. 

Here is a really crazy idea.

How about you train them to be retrievers?

I mean they were only bred through hundreds of generations to do that.
Reply/Quote
First of all, they're puppies and not children and secondly congrats I guess. My dog Candy, a Malamute, German Shepard mix once had 10 pups when I was a kid.. Always fun to wake up to step in puppy crap in your bare feet..That nice, squishy feeling and all..  She was a fantastic dog, loyal, smart and strong as hell.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 11:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: First of all, they're puppies and not children

Glad you said it first.

I love dogs, but I think it sounds silly when people call their pets their "children"
Reply/Quote
Congratulations ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 09:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is a really crazy idea.

How about you train them to be retrievers?

I mean they were only bred through hundreds of generations to do that.

wow, your brilliant
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 11:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: First of all, they're puppies and not children and secondly congrats I guess. My dog Candy, a Malamute, German Shepard mix once had 10 pups when I was a kid.. Always fun to wake up to step in puppy crap in your bare feet..That nice, squishy feeling and all..  She was a fantastic dog, loyal, smart and strong as hell.. 

Another board genius.... But I will play along. Why yes I do know they are puppies and not real children, but they are part of the family. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 11:20 AM)sandwedge Wrote: wow, your brilliant

Thank you, but it was not really that difficult to come up with.  

I mean the name of the breed is Labrador RETRIEVER.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thank you, but it was not really that difficult to come up with.  

I mean the name of the breed is Labrador RETRIEVER.

Tongue
Reply/Quote