Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud Uncle Moment!
The high school that I played for until the wreck has grade school teams now and my nephew plays for them (running back and defensive end), so I went to his game on Saturday.

My brother coaches, so he was on the sideline.

The quarterback fumbles the snap before giving it to my nephew, so it's a broken play and two defenders had gotten into the backfield, but he made them both miss, ran into the defensive backfield, completely changed direction and ran across the field, broke two more tackles, and scored!

Awesome, right?

He gives the ball to the ref and celebrates with his teammates in the endzone but then turns and runs back towards midfield, goes past all his teammates (wasn't being rude or anything, fist bumping and whatever), and runs twenty yards past everyone to where I was sitting just to fist bump me!

He wanted to make sure I saw it and wanted to celebrate with me!

My sister-in-law recorded it and posted it to Facebook!

I'm a proud uncle!
Reply/Quote
That's what it's all about Brad. Here's to many more games in the future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 02:25 AM)treee Wrote: That's what it's all about Brad. Here's to many more games in the future.

Especially to me because family's everything to me! 

I can't wait to go to lots more games and to watch him grow as a player and person! 

I still can't believe that his first thoughts were to run over to me to celebrate!

I'm going to try to go to more games but most of their games are in Cincinnati, which my parents don't go over there, my brother's coaching, so he can't take me, and I doubt my sister-in-law would take me.
Reply/Quote