Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Proud of this team
I just wanted to say, I'm proud of this team.

We started off 0-2 as you well know and looked pretty damn bad. Since then we're 11-2 including reeling off 7 in a row including 4 road wins. We're in a great position to challenge for the #1 or 2 seed and of course already a lock for the playoffs. It hasn't always been pretty, it hasn't always been flawless. But we've found ways to win. And if you look around it's pretty much that way with everybody.

If you would have told me after the Cleveland game we'd be here I would have said uh huh, with a large dose of sarcasm. But they've ironed out most of their problems (looking at you Oline) won through injured top players missing games, overcame bad plays, turnovers, mishaps, and gotten it done. The mark of winners.

No matter how this season ends I take my hat off to you guys and apologize for doubting early on. Big thanks to everybody from F.O. to the waterboy for a job well done. There's no doubt we're one of the top teams in the NFL.

Who Dey Tiger Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This could be the best Bengals team I have ever watched live. I have been a fan since 1993. They find ways to win rather than ways to lose.
Reply/Quote
This is a heck of a team. They’ve adapted to being the hunted and after a rough start the offense has learned to be more efficient and effective. They were never this efficient last year and this is more sustainable. They can still be explosive, but overall they are better.

Also, the defense has been the most consistent part of this team all year.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 01:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I just wanted to say, I'm proud of this team.

We started off 0-2 as you well know and looked pretty damn bad. Since then we're 11-2 including reeling off 7 in a row including 4 road wins. We're in a great position to challenge for the #1 or 2 seed and of course already a lock for the playoffs. It hasn't always been pretty, it hasn't always been flawless. But we've found ways to win. And if you look around it's pretty much that way with everybody.

If you would have told me after the Cleveland game we'd be here I would have said uh huh, with a large dose of sarcasm. But they've ironed out most of their problems (looking at you Oline) won through injured top players missing games, overcame bad plays, turnovers, mishaps, and gotten it done. The mark of winners.

No matter how this season ends I take my hat off to you guys and apologize for doubting early on. Big thanks to everybody from F.O. to the waterboy for a job well done. There's no doubt we're one of the top teams in the NFL.

Who Dey  Tiger  Who Dey

The media thought 2021 was a fluke, then we started 0-2 and they pounded their chests. They picked everyone but the Bengals, some even said the Steeler's with a rookie QB. It is fun to watch them now act like they were on the 2022 Bengal train all along.

I feel we can beat any team because of Joe Burrow and the offense, but it has been the defense stepping up and making plays to finish off some of the games. This is a sound team in all 3 aspects, defense, offense and special teams.

Fun time to be a Bengals fan after years of struggling.

Also, this forum is laced with great, smart football fans and a pleasure to share the highs after going through the lows with many of you.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
That's the big difference between this team and previous. Not just the talent, but we found ways to not trip over our own feet (or if we do, overcome it), whereas previous Bengals teams did everything to trip over them.

Let's be real, the 2nd half yesterday was an absolute meltdown. Our MVP-calibre QB threw a terrible pick which led the a clusterf**k of errors and bad luck. Very typical of the Bengals over time.

But this team go and pick up a forced fumble to win the game with their backs very much against the wall. We definitely were not favourites to win that game prior to that fumble. Threw away a guaranteed win, only to go and win the game again.

These guys are never out of it, and they're more likely to succeed in the face of adversity than to lose. First time I think I've been able to say that about the Bengals. We're insane in the clutch and I love it.
Reply/Quote
We have a team that can play with anybody.
&
it
feels
good.
Reply/Quote
@ TheCincyKid
^ That was a very clear miscommunication between Chase and JB and not a “bad throw”.
Reply/Quote
Same miscommunication with Boyd.
Reply/Quote
There are so many ingredients to turn around such a lousy franchise. Duke Tobin has been around a long time. He’s very experienced. He’s been here awhile. So what happened? The roster sucked when Zac took over. But Taylor had a vision and a plan. Duke has really bought in. Zac and Duke together are knocking it out of the park in the draft and FA. Taylor changed the culture with guys that work and team leaders. Tyler Boyd this week raved about it. D J Reader raved about how hard this team works. That just doesn’t happen by osmosis.

But I always here that Joe is carrying Zac. Okay well I saw a stat last night that Belicheck’s all time record is like 75-85 w/o Tom Brady. The team has not reached its peak. The first half yesterday showed its capability and last weeks second half. The Bills and the Chiefs have weak areas ( Philly I’m not so sure). Health will be a factor. If we can get healthy this team can run the table.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
There are some elements of this team that make them formidable. Burrow and our receiving group, the defensive line can stop the run, our safety and linebacker play top shelf.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 02:46 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: We have a team that can play with anybody.
&
it
feels
good.

Yep

I don't feel like we're outclassed by anybody, at all.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 03:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: There are so many ingredients to turn around such a lousy franchise. Duke Tobin has been around a long time. He’s very experienced. He’s been here awhile. So what happened? The roster sucked when Zac took over.  But Taylor had a vision and a plan. Duke has really bought in. Zac and Duke together are knocking it out of the park in the draft and FA. Taylor changed the culture with guys that work and team leaders. Tyler Boyd this week raved about it. D J Reader raved about how hard this team works. That just doesn’t happen by osmosis.

But I always here that Joe is carrying Zac. Okay well I saw a stat last night that Belicheck’s all time record is like 75-85 w/o Tom Brady. The team has not reached its peak. The first half yesterday showed its capability and last weeks second half. The Bills and the Chiefs have weak areas ( Philly I’m not so sure). Health will be a factor. If we can get healthy this team can run the table.

I believe that's what happened 
Reply/Quote
what a fun couple seasons. god, they deserve to win it all
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 02:47 PM)Whacked Wrote: @ TheCincyKid
^ That was a very clear miscommunication between Chase and JB and not a “bad throw”.

Yes, the play was obviously a mix up, nobody thinks Burrow is going to miss Chase by about 10 yards!

The blitz gave Burrow absolutely no time on that play. Had no time to consider the play and just threw it to where he believed Chase was going to be/had audible-d him to.

In any case, the point of posting that wasn't the lay blame for the play. It was to reference it as the play which changed the game, until we changed it back.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:08 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yes, the play was obviously a mix up, nobody thinks Burrow is going to miss Chase by about 10 yards!

The blitz gave Burrow absolutely no time on that play. Had no time to consider the play and just threw it to where he believed Chase was going to be/had audible-d him to.

In any case, the point of posting that wasn't the lay blame for the play. It was to reference it as the play which changed the game, until we changed it back.

I will add another element that really should not happen.
The play before that was 2nd and 2,  you are up by 22 in the mid 3rd quarter.  Why the heck not run the ball (and the clock)?  Had they done that, even if they didn't get it a QB sneak on 3rd would, assuming they simply run between the tackles. would pick it up.. Had they simply played smart football it would have saved many of us a couple grey hairs and those mistakes will costs us the game against playoff caliber teams. 

Getting too pass happy led to the meltdown, logically it made no sense.

That being said, I am still very proud of the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 02:46 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: We have a team that can play with anybody.
&
it
feels
good.

They have a team that can beat anybody anywhere and anytime.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:11 AM)M.W. Wrote: I will add another element that really should not happen.
The play before that was 2nd and 2,  you are up by 22 in the mid 3rd quarter.  Why the heck not run the ball (and the clock)?  Had they done that, even if they didn't get it a QB sneak on 3rd would, assuming they simply run between the tackles. would pick it up.. Had they simply played smart football it would have saved many of us a couple grey hairs and those mistakes will costs us the game against playoff caliber teams. 

Getting too pass happy led to the meltdown, logically it made no sense.

That being said, I am still very proud of the franchise.

Absolutely, the playcalling balance was a mess. I get trusting your MVP-calibre QB and all, but Burrow had 52 attempts in a game we were 22-0 up in at the half... just no logic for that.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:14 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely, the playcalling balance was a mess. I get trusting your MVP-calibre QB and all, but Burrow had 52 attempts in a game we were 22-0 up in at the half... just no logic for that.

Yup and every time he drops back there is an increased chance of an injury.  Why not just run the dang football like virtually every other team in the league would do in that situation? 
Reply/Quote
Let’s don’t forget:
Obviously Burrow was not at his peak for the season. He lost a lot of weight and got little work. The OL had a rookie and 3 new players and got little work.

Yet????????????
We lost to the Steelers the first game after scoring a TD at the gun on a huge play to Chase to tie the game only to miss the extra point.

We lost to Dallas at the gun after driving down late in the 4th quarter. Converting a huge 4th down in the drive and scoring eventually then making a crucial 2 point conversion to tie it at 17-17. The Cowboys then drive it and kick a 50+ yard field goal at the gun.

We lost to the Ravens after rallying again late in the fourth to take a 17-16 lead with 1:58 remaining. The Ravens go down and kick a 43 yard field goal as time expires.

Cleveland of course we laid an egg. We may have started 0-2 but we weren’t chopped liver. KC or the Bills haven’t played as well through 15 games.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 03:18 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Same miscommunication with Boyd.

Boyd feels so old lol
Reply/Quote