Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proudly eating crow
(12-05-2023, 02:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: In years past, this team would've folded like a cheap tent. These guys are mentally stronger than that.

We did fold like a cheap tent against the Steelers...we just unfolded in Jacksonville.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Jake, our snake, leads us into the playoffs and a Superbowl victory and is the MVP of the Superbowl, do we have a QB controversy come Camp '24? :)
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
If Browning would have gotten his first start in the first game of the year like it was meant to be. Where would we be now?

All the folks saying we cannot win with Browning and the coach having zero confidence in a guy he coached up for 3 years cost us the season.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 05:58 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: If Browning would have gotten his first start in the first game of the year like it was meant to be. Where would we be now?

All the folks saying we cannot win with Browning and the coach having zero confidence in a guy he coached up for 3 years cost us the season.

Tbh I think we'd still have lost to the Browns and Ravens, those were tough games to come in for, but I agree Browning should have played them.

After we beat the Rams I guess there was some reason to believe Burrow was getting there, but then came the Titans game.... I tend to think that's the one of those opening 4 games which we really needed, and should've expected to get. 

But who knows, maybe Browning would've done a little better.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 07:05 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Tbh I think we'd still have lost to the Browns and Ravens, those were tough games to come in for, but I agree Browning should have played them.

After we beat the Rams I guess there was some reason to believe Burrow was getting there, but then came the Titans game.... I tend to think that's the one of those opening 4 games which we really needed, and should've expected to get. 

But who knows, maybe Browning would've done a little better.

I don't like crying over spilt milk as it does no good, but after what Browning shown last night the people pushing for Burrow to sit 
out early in the season could of been right and I was arguing against that back then. Those calf strains are rough and can completely
take away your accuracy as we saw.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 05:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We did fold like a cheap tent against the Steelers...we just unfolded in Jacksonville.  

No, we never got unfolded against Pitt. Didn't even get the tent out of the box. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 07:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't like crying over spilt milk as it does no good, but after what Browning shown last night the people pushing for Burrow to sit 
out early in the season could of been right and I was arguing against that back then. Those calf strains are rough and can completely
take away your accuracy as we saw.

It is what it is, I think Burrow wanted to play and Zac just chose to have faith in his QB. In my opinion with the way Burrow looked in Week 1, it seemed a ludicrous decision to not sit Burrow, but I kinda just feel Zac went with gut and felt Burrow would come up with the goods on game day. Definitely thought Browning should've started at the time, and even more believe he should've done now, but who knows. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 07:24 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It is what it is, I think Burrow wanted to play and Zac just chose to have faith in his QB. In my opinion with the way Burrow looked in Week 1, it seemed a ludicrous decision to not sit Burrow, but I kinda just feel Zac went with gut and felt Burrow would come up with the goods on game day. Definitely thought Browning should've started at the time, and even more believe he should've done now, but who knows. 

Well I had to see Browning play good before it made any sense to me. It isn't like he was great in the preseason.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 07:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well I had to see Browning play good before it made any sense to me. It isn't like he was great in the preseason.

At the time I took the opinion that we should just be resting our Franchise QB and let him come back 100%, didn't even care whether Browning could throw or not haha. 
Reply/Quote
It's ok. I said when he first came in that I refused to judge him very harshly based off of such a small sample size and what he was thrown into. Now, the flip side is the same. Not signing him to a big extension to be the backup going forward just yet, either.

Been watching all NFL for around 4 decades now. Seen a thousand back ups come in, perform well then they are crowned. All great stories until reality comes in. For every Farve, Brady and Purdy, there is are dozens of Matt Cassels, Gradkowski, Minshew, Tebows. Lucky to get a Fitzpatrick, where the Magic disappears.

Had a good game, hoping he continues to light it up, but let's not go too crazy now over a single game.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 07:28 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: At the time I took the opinion that we should just be resting our Franchise QB and let him come back 100%, didn't even care whether Browning could throw or not haha. 

From what a lot of the doctors were saying Burrow resting the calf wasn't going to make him heal any faster is why I was 
for him playing. I was just shocked by how much that injury affected his accuracy, that was wild.

(12-05-2023, 07:34 PM)Destro Wrote: It's ok. I said when he first came in that I refused to judge him very harshly based off of such a small sample size and what he was thrown into. Now, the flip side is the same. Not signing him to a big extension to be the backup going forward just yet, either.

Been watching all NFL for around 4 decades now. Seen a thousand back ups come in, perform well then they are crowned. All great stories until reality comes in. For every Farve, Brady and Purdy, there is are dozens of Matt Cassels, Gradkowski, Minshew, Tebows. Lucky to get a Fitzpatrick, where the Magic disappears.

Had a good game, hoping he continues to light it up, but let's not go too crazy now over a single game.

Yeah, Browning needs to put back to back great games before we see if he is the answer or not. Good start though and it
was in Primetime which shows the lights aren't too big for him like they seemed to be for Dalton back in the day. Gave me 
hope that we have a good backup though gotta say.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:37 AM)Trademark Wrote: Didn't think the Bengals stood a chance but Browning absolutely balled out. What a game !

[Image: 486t4c.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I honestly think they were primitive with Jake against the Steelers. Did him no favors. But they had to win this game to even have a chance for the playoffs. They were much more aggressive.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Oh look. another "eating crow" thread. That'll last until we lose again.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote