Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prove Your Pedigree
It's time for Dre K and Dennard to prove that they were worth the 1st round picks. They will have no greater challenge than this Sunday, and I think they have already been written off.

People assume Brown and Bryant will be flying all over the field, but they disregard the fact that we have some talented corners.

It's time for these guys to prove that they are who we thought they were and have a good showing against this "great offense".

I expect a surprisingly great game from these two. This secondary isn't some mediocre group.
Reply/Quote
I think Dre has been nothing but mediocre. Despite some great play from Dennard, not sure that's a big enough time to see what he is made of. I have been largely disappointed in Dre all year. Bad tackling. Getting beat several times. Mix up in coverage. *shrugs*

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
The stats suggest Cincinnati is middle-of-the-road to poor against the pass....

Then again, most teams are playing the Bengals from points behind in the 2nd half. Cincinnati is 7th in points allowed per game. Likewise, they're top ten in sacks. Top ten in yards per play.

Maybe Cincinnati isn't the team that has to prove something this time.
Reply/Quote
How much of the passing yardage we have allowed has been after 2+ score leads?

Oakland
San Diego
Kansas City
Buffalo

Only Baltimore and Seattle were competitive late or had the Bengals trailing.  Not saying they are great against the pass, but total numbers don't tell the story.

The Patriots are one of the worst teams in the league at allowing yards to RB's.  They have basically killed every opponent...because the run defense performance is largely insignificant in those games.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 01:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It's time for Dre K and Dennard to prove that they were worth the 1st round picks. They will have no greater challenge than this Sunday, and I think they have already been written off.

People assume Brown and Bryant will be flying all over the field, but they disregard the fact that we have some talented corners.

It's time for these guys to prove that they are who we thought they were and have a good showing against this "great offense".

I expect a surprisingly great game from these two. This secondary isn't some mediocre group.

Dennard would prove it if they'd let him play more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dre K hasn't played horrible on the plays when he knows what defense we're in. Every CB, even the great ones get burnt occasionally. The problem is he's let way to many receivers go expecting over the top help when there is none. He's been around to long now to still be making that mistake twice a game !

And Dennard just needs more snaps. What is Hall's status anyways ?
Reply/Quote
Dre K hasn't been athletically outdone that much this year. He has been legitimately beaten on a couple plays but mostly it seems like miscommunication in zone coverage. He'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
Dre has played the way I expected him. Boom or bust. He either makes a great play or just an awful play. I'm not sure what's up with the miscommunications in the secondary this season, but that better have been an emphasis this week. We can't have these types of things with Bryant, Brown, Miller, and Wheaton.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 01:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It's time for Dre K and Dennard to prove that they were worth the 1st round picks. They will have no greater challenge than this Sunday, and I think they have already been written off.

Good point, but, Brown has been tearing up most everyone he faces. Mainly due to the fact that the Steelers make sure he gets a bunch of touches. He is lethal in space and can take a 7 yard pass and turn it into an 80-yard TD. Bryant is their Chris Henry who will be quiet for a bit and then hit you with 2 huge gains. It would be nice if they could hit them at the line of scrimmage and disrupt the timing of things.

If I'm the Bengals, I concentrate on stopping Bell first. The more Roethlisberger has to throw, the more chances of him getting hit and beat up.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 04:38 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Good point, but, Brown has been tearing up most everyone he faces. Mainly due to the fact that the Steelers make sure he gets a bunch of touches. He is lethal in space and can take a 7 yard pass and turn it into an 80-yard TD. Bryant is their Chris Henry who will be quiet for a bit and then hit you with 2 huge gains. It would be nice if they could hit them at the line of scrimmage and disrupt the timing of things.

If I'm the Bengals, I concentrate on stopping Bell first. The more Roethlisberger has to throw, the more chances of him getting hit and beat up.

Our D Line can cause a lot of problems, especially since right now BR should not be as mobile.
Reply/Quote
I'm 78% sure we will know what kind of player we have in Dre before he turns 40.
Reply/Quote
I am pleased with Kirkpatrick... very much... I think in the next 2 years he is going to be a STAPLE!!!! BOOK IT DOWN!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 04:46 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am pleased with Kirkpatrick... very much...   I think in the next 2 years he is going to be a STAPLE!!!!  BOOK IT DOWN!

2012 wants it's sentiment back.

*rimshot*
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 04:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm 78% sure we will know what kind of player we have in Dre before he turns 40.

But...
there's only a 45% CHANCE OF THAT....
Now let's get a bite to eat...
[Image: naked-gun-leslie-nielsen.jpg]

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Dre might gamble a bit too much, but once he gets other quarterback's tendencies down and knows what he can and can't get away with, I think we're looking at a shut-down corner.

I feel like he still plays like he's in college against lower-level competition, and that's what causes him to get burnt. He'll figure it out.

And Dennnard's just an animal in a cage........ he'll bust-out soon.
Reply/Quote