Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prove Your Worth Teryl Austin
(11-06-2018, 01:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Having to trot out scrubs like Hardy Nickerson Jr who don’t even belong in the league is NOT good news.

Because he's friends with his dad smh. But Tez has been a major disappointment this year tho. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 10:55 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It’s really an ugly combination of things and it makes it hard to fairly look at Austin. Obviously though, It’s easiest to just point the finger at him. I was initially in the replace Austin during the bye week, I now think that it’s way deeper than that.

For sure. I'm a Blue Jackets fan and up until recently, their PP was 0-21... which is down right pathetic. It takes a combination of shitty coaching and players playing shitty to be this bad.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Actually catch balls for ints when the opportunity presents itself. I think we have more dropped picks this year than I can ever remember. If we even convert on 50% of those dropped passes...the season looks alot different.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:28 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Actually catch balls for ints when the opportunity presents itself. I think we have more dropped picks this year than I can ever remember. If we even convert on 50% of those dropped passes...the season looks alot different.

Oh come on! We can’t expect those guys to think about their coverages AND the ball at the same time!

Seriously, great point. +1.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 04:36 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Honestly, the problems this defense has had - I don't know what's a player issue and what's a coach issue.  I'm seeing missed tackles, missed assignments, and all around confusion on who needs to be where.  It's almost as if Austin and the players are not on the same page.

It's lack of aggression, plain and simple.  We're one of the bottom teams in the league in terms of blitz percentage, so our run stunts are obviously also lacking.

Our backer play is terrible, especially in the pass game, so what should we do?  BLITZ THEM since they're not defending the pass well anyways.  Creating confusion and hopefully forcing the offense into mistakes is our only hope. 

I've thought about it and if I knew where I could find him I would, but I'd like to go down to the stadium with a big sign that says "BLITZ MORE" or find him on his way to his car so I could tell him to be more aggressive.

What we're doing obviously isn't working, so why wouldn't we switch it up?  It seems like Austin has been Marvinalized.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 05:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's lack of aggression, plain and simple.  We're one of the bottom teams in the league in terms of blitz percentage, so our run stunts are obviously also lacking.

Our backer play is terrible, especially in the pass game, so what should we do?  BLITZ THEM since they're not defending the pass well anyways.  Creating confusion and hopefully forcing the offense into mistakes is our only hope. 

I've thought about it and if I knew where I could find him I would, but I'd like to go down to the stadium with a big sign that says "BLITZ MORE" or find him on his way to his car so I could tell him to be more aggressive.

What we're doing obviously isn't working, so why wouldn't we switch it up?  It seems like Austin has been Marvinalized.

Blitz more and press coverage would be nice to see.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
I don't know if blitzing a guy like Brees or others at or near his caliber is the answer or not. Those guys excel at seeing and beating blitzes.

But maybe find a way to create some confusion. I'm not saying go all Rex Ryan on anybody, but some of those wild and crazy looks he showed were pretty effective.

Either way, to keep doing what you're doing when what you're doing isn't working is just madness.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:28 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Actually catch balls for ints when the opportunity presents itself. I think we have more dropped picks this year than I can ever remember. If we even convert on 50% of those dropped passes...the season looks alot different.

They look like the wide receivers with how well they catch. I still can't figure out how they "officially" score drops. Someone said AJ has only dropped 3 passed this season and I've seen more than that. Maybe we should switch them. Let the receivers play DB and the DBs play receiver. We probably won't tell much of a difference.
Reply/Quote