Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pryor cut
Didn't last long. Looks like we will go with 2 QBs once more

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/6/18/8809689/bengals-cut-terrelle-pryor?_ga=1.221857053.440399532.1432955177

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 06:39 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Didn't last long. Looks like we will go with 2 QBs once more

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/6/18/8809689/bengals-cut-terrelle-pryor?_ga=1.221857053.440399532.1432955177

Long overdue if you ask me...  Good riddance.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 06:39 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Didn't last long. Looks like we will go with 2 QBs once more

I would rather have Pryor hang around than Josh Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 06:42 PM)jason Wrote: Long overdue if you ask me...  Good riddance.

Really? Please explain how it was "long" overdue? Let me guess you would rather have Johnson hang around who is even worse than Pryor is.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 06:43 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I would rather have Pryor hang around than Josh Johnson.

Agreed, that side of it is a bit bizarre. Cleary Pryor was just far too rusty.

Reply/Quote
I really can't say that I'm surprised, as Quarterbacking isn't exactly Pryor's forte.  What makes him good, is his athleticism.  When it comes to making reads, progressions, and timely, accurate throws, he's not your guy.  Likely why he could never take the Bucks to a Nat. Title in college.

However, I was hoping that he would stick, and Jackson would find a way to get that speed into the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It was gonna happen sooner or later. Might as well go on & do it. Give him a chance to catch on somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
In my head I wanted the team to lineup Hill, Bernard and Pryor and just pound it all season long with crazy option running.

Reply/Quote
It isn't all about talent. Sometimes team chemistry is part of it. Especially for someone in a backup role. If TP refuses to hold a clipboard...well maybe you admire him or maybe you don't, but he won't last.

Reply/Quote
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I wish we still had access to the conversations from the mothership to see all of the OSU homers gushing over that turd.

"omg McCarron is so bad because he's from Alabama and 'Bama QBs all suck!!!! Pryor is teh athletic n stuffs!!!!"
Reply/Quote
Kinda of disappointed in this. Wanted to see him play in the preseason but I trust the coaches on this. Not to thrilled with the backup Qb position right now would rather have a backup with starting experience.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Gotta admit, he lasted longer than I thought.

Some OSU homer on the old board got all bent out of shape at me for saying Pryor was competing for the third string position at best, and Josh Johnson had the edge over him for that spot if they kept three. Accused me of being a buckeye hater or something.

Wonder if that dude is on this board now. If he is, I accept his apology.
Reply/Quote
It was a long shot at best, I didn't really figure they'd cut a WR, RB, or whatever to keep a gadget player. Oh and by the way I'm an OSU homer and I've seen very few OSU fans tout Pryor as anything more than a really good athlete.
Reply/Quote
Got to say I was hopeful that his "House treatments" would have combined with his athleticism to bump Johnson.

Good they did it now.   Not enough snaps to go around and the top two will need a lot - especially McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 06:44 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Really? Please explain how it was "long" overdue? Let me guess you would rather have Johnson hang around who is even worse than Pryor is.

Because I can't stand him... If you still like him, that's cool.  But at least his petty bullshit (I do think the selling of his own property was a dumb NCAA infraction) landed Urban Meyer in the long run.  His game worked in the Big 10.  He has zero to offer an NFL team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 07:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It was a long shot at best, I didn't really figure they'd cut a WR, RB, or whatever to keep a gadget player. Oh and by the way I'm an OSU homer and I've seen very few OSU fans tout Pryor as anything more than a really good athlete.

DJS is just spouting the same crap he always spouts. No one was overhyping Pryor. It just seems that some just hate on OSU to hate on them and no other reason. Jealousy I would imagine.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 07:38 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Gotta admit, he lasted longer than I thought.

Some OSU homer on the old board got all bent out of shape at me for saying Pryor was competing for the third string position at best, and Josh Johnson had the edge over him for that spot if they kept three. Accused me of being a buckeye hater or something.

Johnson has the edge merely because he has been with the team before and zero other reason.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 08:18 PM)OSUfan Wrote: DJS is just spouting the same crap he always spouts. No one was overhyping Pryor. It just seems that some just hate on OSU to hate on them and no other reason. Jealousy I would imagine.

OSUfan is just spouting the same craps he always spouts. No one was overhyping AJM. It just seems that some just hate on Bama to hate on them and no other reason. Jealousy I would imagine.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 06:43 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I would rather have Pryor hang around than Josh Johnson.

Ditto.
(06-18-2015, 07:38 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Gotta admit, he lasted longer than I thought.

So who were you on the old boards then? JoePong was banned a few years ago.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
For people saying no one was overhyping Pryor, you must have a short term memory.

Not many people other than trolls were calling for him to start, but a TON of folks were saying how he's clearly better than AJM, he's easily our best backup, he should be the #2 automatically, etc. etc.

I'd say that's definitely overhyping a guy with Pryor's credentials.

The best part about not getting into CFB too much is not having certain schools that I love or hate. I couldn't care less what school someone has gone to, but some people clearly do. In fact, some even name themselves after a school and then claim they have no bias. Trolllololol
Reply/Quote