Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pryor cut
(06-18-2015, 08:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ditto.
So who were you on the old boards then? JoePong was banned a few years ago.

My guess is hammerthis.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 06:39 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Didn't last long. Looks like we will go with 2 QBs once more

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/6/18/8809689/bengals-cut-terrelle-pryor?_ga=1.221857053.440399532.1432955177

Well I couldn't have been more wrong.  I thought he could at least beat out Josh Johnson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 08:19 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Johnson has the edge merely because he has been with the team before and zero other reason.

Wrong. He had the edge because he's a much better passer.
Reply/Quote
I heard the Patriots almost picked him up, but decided to draft their quarterback of the future in the 3rd or 4th round next year instead.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I think you could see this coming. Granted Pryor is very athletic but he is not very accurate as a passer and I just think he truly was not a right fit for the team and that is why we released him a little over a month after signing him. I think this once again shows that we are going to stay true to form and keep only two qbs in the end because I really do not see how Josh Johnson stays on this team when we could use that extra roster spot for another position player that could help this team better. I personally like the move to release him because I really never thought he was that great of a player to begin with but like everyone this is only my opinion. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Crap, now I have a warehouse full of the following:

re-purposed Ohsostinko 85 jerseys that say BINNS
re-purposed Palmer 9 jerseys that say SKELTON
re-purposed Kitna 3 jerseys that say PRYOR

Couldn't one of you bums have led this team to greatness?
Reply/Quote
This tells me that AJ Mc is looking real good       he has separated himself from Pryor and JJ    

Luv the Buckeyes but business is business

Go Bucks !......................WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 10:37 PM)CincyKid Wrote: This tells me that AJ Mc is looking real good       he has separated himself from Pryor and JJ    

This.....

I figured we'd keep Pryor for 2pt conversions.
AJ must just be swaggering his way to the pylons, when going for 2.
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
This makes it a lot easier for me to project the 53 man roster since the homer in me wanted to carry a 3rd QB for special Pryor stuff. And his running ability for two point conversions seems liked a legit reason when the extra points were moved back.

I have no problem with this move though. We drafted AJ MC for a reason and he needs a lot of reps. Pryor wouldn't have gotten much practice time being the #4, and I think he is better suited to be a backup to a similar QB like Newton, Kaep, Wilson, RGIII, or Mariota. After listening to interviews and stuff I just don't know about him. I don't think he has enough in the brains department to cut it as an NFL QB.
Reply/Quote
This bodes well for McCarron being the 2nd stringer. I am really looking forward to seeing the preseason games now.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 10:43 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: This.....

I figured we'd keep Pryor for 2pt conversions.
AJ must just be swaggering his way to the pylons, when going for 2.
ThumbsUp

Please stop with the 2 pt conversion stuff. How many 2 pt conversions can you even remember us ever trying over the years? The 2 pt conversion attempt hasn't changed one bit since last year.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 10:37 PM)CincyKid Wrote: This tells me that AJ Mc is looking real good       he has separated himself from Pryor and JJ    

I'm glad McCarron has. If he didn't separate himself from those two, I would be extremely worried about the backup QB position.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 06:43 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I would rather have Pryor hang around than Josh Johnson.

Same here. I hope Josh Johnson doesn't stick around either at this point then.

Maybe Pryor just looked bad in camp. He should have switched to tight end/wide receiver a long time ago.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Listening to the players talk AJM looks really good, maybe the future starting QB they have seen something to cause them to cut Pryor . No use wasting a roster spot and reps for the other QBs . His problem may be knowing what to do in certain circumstances his progressions . His agent stated he is now switching to wide receiver . Most ohio state fans are not Pryor fans as he almost ruined the football program at OSU. Although his family needed the money according to reports but that is a whole other subject concerning the NCAA.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 11:13 PM)EatonFan Wrote: This bodes well for McCarron being the 2nd stringer.  I am really looking forward to seeing the preseason games now.

I agree, he could eventually take over for Dalton. Who knows...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 11:51 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Please stop with the 2 pt conversion stuff. How many 2 pt conversions can you even remember us ever trying over the years? The 2 pt conversion attempt hasn't changed one bit since last year.

You act like I'm obsessed with 2pts.
Just relax.....it's not a big deal. Wink
Reply/Quote

True.....but if he couldn't distance himself from those two, then we were in REAL trouble. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 09:05 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Wrong. He had the edge because he's a much better passer.

LMAO..........now this was a good one......... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 09:12 AM)OSUfan Wrote: LMAO..........now this was a good one......... ThumbsUp

Some people just hate on Josh Johnson so much just to hate on him. Jealousy, I'd imagine.
Reply/Quote
Now TP wants to try WR.
Reply/Quote