Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psych up video highlights for Ravens game next week!
https://youtu.be/wi2811OjCbo

One point he hammers home, is Andy’s tendency to lock in on his pre-snap read, instead of reading the field and adjusting. I’ve seen that same complaint here for years, it’s not a coincidence.

If the game plan is unfolding according to plan, Andy can look like a top 10 QB. I think that’s part of why we are so lousy in the second half. Teams make adjustments at half to counter our game plans, and then Andy is lost. That’s part coaching and part player, but either way, Andy is not the answer if you want to win a Super Bowl.

FWIW, this guy does amazing analysis, week after week. Better than anything I’ve ever seen on TV.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Great video and yes, he does an extremely good job at breaking it down. Dalton has struggled making post snap decisions and many times I feel he goes to who he planned on pre-snap regardless.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't really argue with what he says, I think he's way more right than wrong.
Reply/Quote
OK! So Josh Allen it is! Smirk Smirk

But we are way out of contention, why not see what McCarron and Driskel can do?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 06:10 AM)Utts Wrote: https://youtu.be/wi2811OjCbo

One point he hammers home, is Andy’s tendency to lock in on his pre-snap read, instead of reading the field and adjusting. I’ve seen that same complaint here for years, it’s not a coincidence.

If the game plan is unfolding according to plan, Andy can look like a top 10 QB. I think that’s part of why we are so lousy in the second half. Teams make adjustments at half to counter our game plans, and then Andy is lost. That’s part coaching and part player, but either way, Andy is not the answer if you want to win a Super Bowl.

FWIW, this guy does amazing analysis, week after week. Better than anything I’ve ever seen on TV.

Andy has won 6 of the last 9, and 5 of the last 6 against the Ravens and has thrown for 266 or more yards against them 6 times in the last 7.

In that particular...the guy acknowledges that the line couldn't pass block or run block...which makes carrying out any offensive game plan pretty difficult. 

Having said that, Andy certainly still has flaws that are very frustrating at times.
Reply/Quote
Give me baker Mayfield or darnold ,maybe Allen or Rudolph in the 2nd but wouldn't be thrilled with them. I don't like the others.
Reply/Quote
Yeah well as pointed out as well defenses are getting paid too. 
I'm still on the Dalton fence because with a much better offensive line that doesn't leave Andy shell shocked we typically see a much better Andy..
Does he have weaknesses? Sure. Everyone does..
I guess going forward we'll just have to wait and see if Marvin comes back or if a different coach gets a shot at fixing things. My gut tells me that the old dead wood better known as team owner stays pat and we get another season of the same thing..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote