Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pual Dawson is Beasting
Per PFF:

"3rd rounder Paul Dawson was our top graded LB in the draft and is our highest graded 4-3 OLB this preseason".

I have mixed feelings about PFF but it's nice for them to acknowledge our LB. I only watched game 2 against the Bucs and he looked like an absolute stud in that one.
Reply/Quote
Dawson's problems will come at practice. He isn't a practice player. That isn't to say he doesn't try, but he's always been a bit...off. It was a knock on him at TCU. People said he was often in his own little world. He's just one of those guys who is a beat different than everyone else.

It doesn't seem to hinder his performance in games when he can just let his instincts take over.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 02:07 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Dawson's problems will come at practice. He isn't a practice player. That isn't to say he doesn't try, but he's always been a bit...off. It was a knock on him at TCU. People said he was often in his own little world. He's just one of those guys who is a beat different than everyone else.

It doesn't seem to hinder his performance in games when he can just let his instincts take over.

I honestly couldn't care less how he plays in practice as long as he's beastin' out there on Sundays.
Reply/Quote
If Dawson can live up to his potential could you imagine him and Burfict on the same field? It'd be pretty scary for the other team.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 02:11 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I honestly couldn't care less how he plays in practice as long as he's beastin' out there on Sundays.

Corner usually I agree with most of your statements....this on not so much.

Guys with character issues (work-ethic being one) are often good for a year or two then they quietly go away. This team has had far too many of those guys...
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 02:01 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Per PFF:

"3rd rounder Paul Dawson was our top graded LB in the draft and is our highest graded 4-3 OLB this preseason".

I have mixed feelings about PFF but it's nice for them to acknowledge our LB. I only watched game 2 against the Bucs and he looked like an absolute stud in that one.

NO ONE looked like a stud in that game.

By the way, did you hear the comments in the telecast about him playing very poorly in the preseason opener?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 02:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: NO ONE looked like a stud in that game.

By the way, did you hear the comments in the telecast about him playing very poorly in the preseason opener?

So he's making progress.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 02:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: NO ONE looked like a stud in that game.

He didn't stand out at all to me in the Giants game...  I lost interest in the Bucs game very quickly.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Looks so natural knifing through the LOS, tackles for loss were his calling card at TCU after all.
Reply/Quote
Didn't see too much of him in the Giants game and I turned the Bucs game off promptly. But as far as his film and scouting reports before the draft, some said his lack of speed would be an issue but others praised him for his vision and explosiveness to make a play. Hope he becomes an important role for the defense. Can never be too secure at LB
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 02:42 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Corner usually I agree with most of your statements....this on not so much.

Guys with character issues (work-ethic being one) are often good for a year or two then they quietly go away. This team has had far too many of those guys...

I can name countless examples of guys with some character issues early in their career who overcame them to become very good NFL players for an extended period of time.  Burfict would probably be a perfect example as long as he comes back from injury.

I'd much rather have a guy that goes out there and plays lights out on Sunday than a guy who is average on Sunday but plays well on Thursday.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 04:58 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I can name countless examples of guys with some character issues early in their career who overcame them to become very good NFL players for an extended period of time.  Burfict would probably be a perfect example as long as he comes back from injury.

I'd much rather have a guy that goes out there and plays lights out on Sunday than a guy who is average on Sunday but plays well on Thursday.

Hard to argue that point.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 02:01 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Per PFF:

Nice showing for the UDFA Trevor Roach as well with PFF.  Currently he is ranked as the Top Inside Linebacker with a PFF of +4.6.  As I watched these two players playing together, I see a nice compliment of their skills and how they are gelling on the field.  I wonder if the Coaches are noticing this as well?
Reply/Quote
if he practices like garbage but plays lights out on Sunday's, I could care less
Reply/Quote
By the math done in this thread Chris Carter is a future Hall Of Famer.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:43 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: By the math done in this thread Chris Carter is a future Hall Of Famer.

hes a lock for sure  Smirk
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:43 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: By the math done in this thread Chris Carter is a future Hall Of Famer.

No one said any such thing.  I fear the faulty math might be yours.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 08:04 AM)McC Wrote: No one said any such thing.  I fear the faulty math might be yours.

No he used common core math.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 10:47 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: No he used common core math.

Hahahaha!!!  That is funny!!! LMAO
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote