Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punt Returner Watch
(12-15-2021, 07:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well your list is WRONG!  Ninja

That's ok!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 07:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Mo" is Stanley Morgan who returns kick offs.  (or attempts to)

With both Phillips and Wilson out, the Bengals also need a KR.
Morgan, Pooka, and Pratt have done KRs this season, with Pooka the best of the group at 17.3 YPR.

Neither Taylor nor Irwin has really ever done KR in college or NFL.
Boyd did have 46 KRs in college (24.4 YPR), but same reason people don't want him returning punts would be same reason for not wanting him to return kickoffs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 07:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With both Phillips and Wilson out, the Bengals also need a KR.
Morgan, Pooka, and Pratt have done KRs this season, with Pooka the best of the group at 17.3 YPR.

Boyd did have 46 KRs in college (24.4 YPR), but same reason people don't want him returning punts would be same reason for not wanting him to return kickoffs.

I've been wanting them to just roll with Pooka.. Get him some experience.. Dude is lethal in the open field..
Reply/Quote
Where's Pacman when you really need him?

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 07:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Where's Pacman when you really need him?

Still b**chin about Jerry Porter prolly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 07:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Where's Pacman when you really need him?

He's on the bleav podcast with Solomon Wilcots still hating on the stealers cursing with a big dip of chew in always.. He's not happy with Zac either.. Said he shoulda let Joe cook in OT..
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 06:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Irwin would be my pick.

(12-15-2021, 07:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Care to explain why?

So we can say "looks like Tarzan...  plays like Jane" if he screws up?

[Image: th?id=OIP.MGfMA-CcTB_0HbdCQjowJQHaFY&pid...=220&h=161]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 07:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With both Phillips and Wilson out, the Bengals also need a KR.

I mean, it was an onside kick, but yeah, it counts LOL

Pooka had arguably the worst KR game that we've had since Andre Caldwell was here and yes, people can rebound from mistakes, but the end of the season isn't the time to test it out, IMO.

Still think it'll be Taylor at PR and Evans at KR, with Irwin backing up the first and Morgan the second.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
With Sled and others and want Boyd removed from consideration.

He is a great hands guy and probably even be the better than others listed.

For those saying he is a #3 WR on Bengals and being fazed out somewhat.

He is only one injury away from being the #2 WR, plus the Bengals usually use 3 WR sets already. Am fine with him doing it in a pinch like last Sunday or in a marquee game like the SB but not every day.

Just too valuable of a piece of our puzzle imo because the Bengals have 3 very good WR's but "the buck stops there" because the depth is just not there behind them at all.

Hope they find a serviceable solution so Boyd does not have to fill this void personally.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Tyler Shelvin time!
Reply/Quote
Might as well put Drew Sample in there.

Gotta get those snap counts up! Pray
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Wesley Welker was catching over 100 receptions per year and returning punts

Folks have already brought up AB

CeeDee Lamb was the Cowboys leading Punt Returner last year

Mecole Hardman is the Chief's #2-3 WR and primary punt returner

We can "risk" Boyd
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We can "risk" Boyd

I don't see a problem using Boyd. Yet, I favor Irwin. That dude protects the ball and can take a hit.

Reply/Quote
I wonder how many punts Alex Erickson has muffed this year...
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 07:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So we can say "looks like Tarzan...  plays like Jane" if he screws up?

[Image: th?id=OIP.MGfMA-CcTB_0HbdCQjowJQHaFY&pid...=220&h=161]

Let's remain positive and go with Tarzan, Tarzan of the Jungle! Tiger
Reply/Quote
Chase would be exciting to see back there if we were sure he would catch them
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 07:46 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I wonder how many punts Alex Erickson has muffed this year...

None:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EricAl01.htm
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 11:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Chase would be exciting to see back there   if we were sure he would catch them

I feel Chase would catch punts, as he seems to track the deep ball well. It's the quick hits he seems to have difficulty with. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 12:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I feel Chase would catch punts, as he seems to track the deep ball well. It's the quick hits he seems to have difficulty with. 

he is the most exciting option once the ball is in his hands. for this position.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 04:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Get Boyd off that list, we cannot afford him to get hurt returning punts.

THis is a great opportunity for Irwin.    Reminds me of Erickson.
Reply/Quote