Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Punter Matt Araiza
All i'm saying is...

We should get this dude just in case the recent suit isn't as bad as it looks.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 10:18 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: All i'm saying is...

Absolutely not. Cincinnati needs to stay far, far away. He told the girl to get checked for an STD the day after, with detectives on the line, and the girl went to a rape clinic after the incident. There’s a bit of a smoking gun here. Maybe it all clears up, but it doesn’t look good and Cincinnati needs no part of that.
Reply/Quote

Absolutely not.

This team finally got away from the 2nd chance rep and the whole talent was more important then criminal past. Lately, it has all been about getting high character guys, Araiza is in no world a high character guy.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 02:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Absolutely not.

This team finally got away from the 2nd chance rep and the whole talent was more important then criminal past. Lately, it has all been about getting high character guys, Araiza is in no world a high character guy.

He says, as Jacksen Carman remains on the roster despite doing the same thing and Joe Mixon still carries the football, and being removed from Jim Turner for only two seasons.

Football is an inherently violent sport. You're not going to win with a group of choir boys. 

Get the guy, keep him on PS knowing no team is going to want the bad rep of claiming him off waivers, and if everything clears up, we have our Evan Mcphearson as punter.
Reply/Quote

No way in hell would we come within miles of this guy

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 301150254_1768620436833377_3391527813222...e=630FECB0]
Reply/Quote
WOW! Guess the Browns figure they already pissed off plenty of women by signing Watson?
Reply/Quote
Yes, I'm gullible AND in Costa Rica where NFL news is a tad scant.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 03:03 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: He says, as Jacksen Carman remains on the roster despite doing the same thing and Joe Mixon still carries the football, and being removed from Jim Turner for only two seasons.

Football is an inherently violent sport. You're not going to win with a group of choir boys. 

Get the guy, keep him on PS knowing no team is going to want the bad rep of claiming him off waivers, and if everything clears up, we have our Evan Mcphearson as punter.

I don't think anyone on this board was excited about Turner being here. Most were openly upset and against the signing.

Mixon punched a girl, it was disgusting and uncalled for but you can not compare a single punch to rape. Just not even the same world.

Not going to win with choir boys? Last I checked, Joe Burrow is a pretty upstanding guy and one hell of a leader. How many other players on the 53 can you find a red flag with? Mixon had one from his single punch that seems to be in the past and no more issues. Carman, no defense for the guy if it is true. There was some smoke around Chase with his crazy ex girlfriend, but that seems to have been nothing.

So...maybe you can win with a group of choir boys? There is a difference between being a competitive athlete and a total shit box rapist.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I don't understand why this guy isn't on the Commissioner list? I have no idea if he is guilty or not but I'm uneasy with someone losing a shot at his dreams over an accusation.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 09:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't think anyone on this board was excited about Turner being here. Most were openly upset and against the signing.

Mixon punched a girl, it was disgusting and uncalled for but you can not compare a single punch to rape. Just not even the same world.

Not going to win with choir boys? Last I checked, Joe Burrow is a pretty upstanding guy and one hell of a leader. How many other players on the 53 can you find a red flag with? Mixon had one from his single punch that seems to be in the past and no more issues. Carman, no defense for the guy if it is true. There was some smoke around Chase with his crazy ex girlfriend, but that seems to have been nothing.

So...maybe you can win with a group of choir boys? There is a difference between being a competitive athlete and a total shit box rapist.

I wouldn’t say Joe’s a choir boy but he’s definitely not a shithead from what I’ve seen.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:07 AM)J24 Wrote: I don't understand why this guy isn't on the  Commissioner list? I have no idea if he is guilty or not but I'm  uneasy with  someone losing a shot at his dreams over an accusation.

He's admitted to it happening, already, just not that it was as severe as portrayed. The day after it happened, he admitted to having sex with her and that she needed to get tested for an STD immediately. Detectives that the victim hired were on the call with them as well, and the calls were recorded. Araiza also released the statement of "The details of this incident are not as portrayed." 

So, this happened. He has admitted as much. It is just a question of how bad was it. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 10:36 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: He's admitted to it happening, already, just not that it was as severe as portrayed. The day after it happened, he admitted to having sex with her and that she needed to get tested for an STD immediately. Detectives that the victim hired were on the call with them as well, and the calls were recorded. Araiza also released the statement of "The details of this incident are not as portrayed." 

So, this happened. He has admitted as much. It is just a question of how bad was it. 

Did he admit that he knew she was 17? Also from my understanding statutory rape is only a misdemeanor in California. Is ta misdemeanor enough to end someone's career?

Don't get me wrong the allegations seem harsh and if he forcefully raped her then lock him up and throw away the key! With that being said what's the rush in having an investigation?
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 01:08 PM)J24 Wrote: Did he admit that he knew she was 17? Also from my understanding statutory rape is only a misdemeanor in California. Is ta misdemeanor enough to end someone's career?

Don't get me wrong the allegations seem harsh and if he forcefully raped her then lock him up and throw away the key! With that being said what's the rush in having an investigation?

I don't believe they are investigating him for statutory rape, so age would be irrelevant unless I have missed something. They are investigating him for rape. The current allegation was that she was gang-raped by he and teammates.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 01:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't believe they are investigating him for statutory rape, so age would be irrelevant unless I have missed something. They are investigating him for rape. The current allegation was that she was gang-raped by he and teammates.

He admitted to having sex with her but he did not rape her from my understanding. It seems like they already got him for  Statutory rape.(I don't think it matters if he didn't or did know she was underage)
J24

Reply/Quote