Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punter
So...I kind of thought we'd draft a punter at some point.

Does Huber come back? Or do we go some other route?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 11:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So...I kind of thought we'd draft a punter at some point.

Huber has already been re-signed. 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 11:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Huber has already been re-signed. 

Ahh...OK. I missed that news.
Reply/Quote
Drue Chrisman was off and on the practice squad last year. I suppose it is a Huber v Chrisman open competition and the young guy gets the job if Huber's skills further decline.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 08:57 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Drue Chrisman was off and on the practice squad last year. I suppose it is a Huber v Chrisman open competition and the young guy gets the job if Huber's skills further decline.

Hopefully you are correct!

I suspect it is Huber's job unless he gets injured.  
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 11:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So...I kind of thought we'd draft a punter at some point.

Believe they said the Bengals were targeting a punter but several got taken in the round they were zeroing in before their turn came. 

Huber will get us through another year though so its all good 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The only issue I have with Crisman beating out Huber is that Huber is the holder. I'd hate to scew up anything with our FG kicking game.
Reply/Quote
For all anyone really knows Huber will have the greatest season any punter has in the past 15 years. it's not like he's 65 and ready for social security retirement yet.. true that 40 ain't 18, but it ain't 80 either.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote