Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obligatory "Jordy Nelson has been cut" drooling thread..
As the title. He was cut by the Packers, time to drool over how impressive he'd be across from AJ Green. Then wake up and come back to reality.

...but that brief 10 second daydream sure was fun, huh?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Packers know something about Nelson that the rest of the world doesn't? But, seeing how they intend to sign Jimmy Graham, I guess they needed to clear the cap space some how..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe the Packers know something about Nelson that the rest of the world doesn't?  But, seeing how they intend to sign Jimmy Graham, I guess they needed to clear the cap space some how..

Cut an aging, expensive long time team player?  Who does these horrible things?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe the Packers know something about Nelson that the rest of the world doesn't?  But, seeing how they intend to sign Jimmy Graham, I guess they needed to clear the cap space some how..

I think the Packers just wanted to make space for Graham. They saved $10.2m in cap space by cutting Nelson, and Nelson was likely going to be gone after this year anyway, since it was the final year of his contract.

I wouldn't advise on making Rodgers your keeper this season. He is very mortal when he doesn't have Nelson to throw to.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: As the title. He was cut by the Packers, time to drool over how impressive he'd be across from AJ Green. Then wake up and come back to reality.

Yeah, was fun for those 10 seconds...
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: As the title. He was cut by the Packers, time to drool over how impressive he'd be across from AJ Green. Then wake up and come back to reality.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921069/article/jordy-nelson-landing-spots-raiders-patriots-in-hunt

Skocking, they list Bengals in top 5 for Jordy due to addition of the Packers coach. Interesting? But, I agree he likely never signs here for us.

But if he did we have Cordy and Jordy...LOL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Came here to start a how good would Jordy be across from AJ thread.
Reply/Quote

looking at his stats over the last 3 years....   time has not been kind to mr nelson
Reply/Quote
looks like he will be a Raider

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote