Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put me in the “shocked” camp
(03-15-2018, 09:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: By the standards that we have grown accustomed to seeing from the Bengals, trading for Cordy Glenn was pretty aggressive.  They took the risk, and went on the hook for 11.5M this year.  That is pretty bold, for typical Bengals operating procedure.

The bigger thing this actually represents is them admitting a mistake on a 1st round pick only a couple years in. That is probably the biggest change in the organization.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 06:55 PM)McC Wrote: I wouldn't call what the Bengals have done all that aggressive.  They haven't spent a bunch of money.  The trade was a good move because it was absolutely necessary. 

They've just done things that needed to be done and that's not a thing they always do.  That's all most fans want, just do the things any blind moron knows need to be done.  Nobody screams go crazy and spend a bundle.   Just spend a little more and spend it well on some real help.  We're so damned unreasonable, aren't we?

Vindication on the way.  Bengal fans--three years ahead of Bengal management.

It isn't complicated and it isn't that the fans think we are brilliant either. It is pretty blatant to pretty much everyone who has
followed the team what moves need to be done. The weaknesses are very easy to see. LT was a weakness and now it is not if
Cordy Glenn can stay healthy. This is a great move that lots of fans were calling for and the FO actually did it for once.

Now LB and Center need to be dealt with accordingly.

WR is also a thought if we think we can get an upgrade over Lafell. TE too.

(03-15-2018, 08:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: ..........crickets........ kind of what I thought....... easy to say "cut a guy"..... not so easy when you have to find his replacement that is better......

True, if no one can take his spot you cannot cut Lafell.

But i sure wouldn't mind bringing in a player like Marquis Lee and letting him go.

More of a proven than our guys as of right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 12:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It isn't complicated and it isn't that the fans think we are brilliant either. It is pretty blatant to pretty much everyone who has
followed the team what moves need to be done. The weaknesses are very easy to see. LT was a weakness and now it is not if
Cordy Glenn can stay healthy. This is a great move that lots of fans were calling for and the FO actually did it for once.

Now LB and Center need to be dealt with accordingly.

WR is also a thought if we think we can get an upgrade over Lafell. TE too.

True, if no one can take his spot you cannot cut Lafell.

But i sure wouldn't mind bringing in a player like Marquis Lee and letting him go.

More of a proven than our guys as of right now.

Right, I have no problem letting LaFell go, but there has to be a better option.... as of now, there's not.
Reply/Quote