Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put on your GM Hat
I know most dont want to hear this but jonah he's not that talented at LT. Maybe he'll be Best suited for Guard. Best Thing that can Happen to this Team is We Lock down A Top 3 pick for Sewell. I want you guys to head over to "The Draft Network" and do a mock simulator.
Post your results below
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 02:26 PM)Coach513 Wrote: I know most dont want to hear this but jonah he's not that talented at LT. Maybe he'll be Best suited for Guard. Best Thing that can Happen to this Team is We Lock down A Top 3 pick for Sewell. I want you guys to head over to "The Draft Network" and do a mock simulator.
Post your results below

Take your GM hat off. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The kid is playing his first season at the hardest position on the oline in football (unless your QB is a lefty)
He's been graded consistently as one of our best pass protectors. His run blocking could use some work, but he's far from "not talented".

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 02:26 PM)Coach513 Wrote: I know most dont want to hear this but jonah he's not that talented at LT. Maybe he'll be Best suited for Guard. Best Thing that can Happen to this Team is We Lock down A Top 3 pick for Sewell. I want you guys to head over to "The Draft Network" and do a mock simulator.
Post your results below

With all due respect, sit down Coach..  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think Williams is a good LT. I think he could be a great LT with time but his physical limitations make me wonder how likely it is that he reaches that point.

I could see him being a great LG right now, however. He reminds me a lot of Zack Martin.

I hope we get Sewell and put out an Oline of Sewell - Williams - Hopkins - Spain - Free agent RT.

Alternatively, Williams at RT wouldn't be bad either, but I like him at LG more.
Reply/Quote
The idea that Jonah isn't good enough to play T is just ridiculous. He has done very well for a guy playing his first season. His run blocking leaves some to be desired, but his pass-blocking overall has been impressive. Being a young T, he is going to get beat. It is simply going to happen. Look at some of the young tackles around the league...

Stats coming from PFF.

Jonah Williams - 595 snaps played, three sacks allowed, two penalties

Andrew Thomas #4 OA pick in 2020 draft - 695 snaps played, six sacks allowed, two penalties

Tytus Howard #23 OA pick in 2019 draft - 662 snaps played, two sacks allowed, 10 penalties

Jawaan Taylor - 717 snaps played, six sacks allowed, four penalties

Mekhi Becton - 404 snaps played, three sacks allowed, four penalties

Jedrick Wills - 680 snaps played, four sacks allowed, six penalties

Jonah is playing just fine, but he obviously needs to continue developing (especially in the run game). If the Bengals do pick #3, in my mind the pick has to be Sewell. I think he has the potential to be the next Andrew Whitworth for this Joe Burrow era. If that happens, then Jonah being kicked inside or even over to RT is going to happen. However, to say that he needs to go inside because he isn't playing well enough is silly.
Reply/Quote
He's played ok. I'm not terribly worried about him right now, as he's the least of our problems on the OL.

That said, he has looked a little disappointing at times. I didn't expect the world from in this year, but I did expect a little better.

Let's hope with another year under his belt, and the talent around him improving (coaching included), he takes a nice step forward next year.
Reply/Quote
In today's NFL, it doesn't matter whether you play LT or RT.
RT goes against just as good of pass rushers at LT now.

Jonah is the Bengals' best offensive lineman and is playing just fine. He's only given up 3 sacks and committed just 2 penalties this year.

With that said, Sewell is expected to be a generational talent, so he's worth taking.
And if the team is set on sticking with Bobby Hart at RT, it may make sense to move Jonah to LG.

But in the order of things I would do...
1) Keep Jonah at LT and put Sewell at RT
2) Shift Jonah to RT and put Sewell at LT
3) Shift Jonah to LG
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Post your results below

Sewell is a good pick but to say Jonah is not a talented LT is an absurd statement. He is our best lineman and it’s not even close.

I think you should retire as GM.
Reply/Quote
I looked at the current PPF rating of the current starting LTs that were among the first 5 tackles chosen in the draft for the last 3 years.

Only 1 currently rates higher than Jonah.

Reply/Quote
OL can take longer to develop than other positions - Jonah has performed pretty well all things considered.  That said, if you are so in love with a tackle prospect that you take them top 5, you probably want them to be on the blind side for the entirety of their rookie contract(unless they massively underperform expectations).
Reply/Quote
Post your results below

Please coach share your credentials? Which NFL team did you coach the OL? 

Based on facts, your statement looks like your credentials are of the couch potato variety. But, please share your facts so we don't think you are just some fan who thinks he knows more than PFF or others who evaluate talent.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 03:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I looked at the current PPF rating of the current starting LTs that were among the first 5 tackles chosen in the draft for the last 3 years.

Only 1 currently rates higher than Jonah.

Hmmm... facts

2nd fun fact, Jonah has played in 11 NFL games at one of the toughest positions in the NFL. I watched Whitt get beat by Suggs many times, but I still think he was a great LT.

I have a hunch if we looked back at Whitt, he struggled at times too when he was younger and some when he got older too

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 05:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hmmm... facts

2nd fun fact, Jonah has played in 11 NFL games at one of the toughest positions in the NFL. I watched Whitt get beat by Suggs many times, but I still think he was a great LT.

I have a hunch if we looked back at Whitt, he struggled at times too when he was younger and some when he got older too

add to that ..Whit used to have alot of trouble with and get burned by Elvis Dumerville due to the size differential (5-11" VS 6-7") 
But Whit IMO goes in the "Mt Rushmore" of great Cincy lineman along with Munoz, Montoya, Braham and Anderson
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 05:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: add to that ..Whit used to have alot of trouble with and get burned by Elvis Dumerville due to the size differential (5-11" VS 6-7") 
But Whit IMO goes in the "Mt Rushmore" of great Cincy lineman along with Munoz, Montoya, Braham and Anderson

I agree about Whitt, even the best get beat by fellow best DL

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 05:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: add to that ..Whit used to have alot of trouble with and get burned by Elvis Dumerville due to the size differential (5-11" VS 6-7") 

Mt. Rushmore only has 4 heads, not 5  Tongue
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mt. Rushmore only has 4 heads, not 5  Tongue

Yep, just like the Bengals QB Mt. Rushmore might have Greg Cook, Kenny Anderson, Boomer Esiason, and Joe Burrow.   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mt. Rushmore only has 4 heads, not 5  Tongue

But there's soon to be a 5th:

[Image: MwlSi961-640x360.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 03:10 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I don’t think drafting Sewell has any bearing on Williams. Would give us bookend OT’s for the next 4-5 years. I don’t care which side either plays on.

Pretty much where I’m at. We haven’t had a stud RT since Big Willie (Andre was good not great). It would be nice to have both sides locked down and not even have to think about it going forward.

Reply/Quote