Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Putin Is Sending Troops to Wipe Out ISIS
So Putin has more balls than Obama and is taking action to wipe out ISIS by sending his special forces (Spetsnaz) into Syria to just brutally wipe out the rebels.

Putin's troops are highly trained killers that are just going to raise hell in Syria to kill ISIS.

People might say that we don't want Assad to rule and that Syria's dangerous, but I'd rather have Assad in control than the ISIS, who would only grow with more radicals and terrorists.

Thoughts?
Two things:

1. The Rhode Island National Guard could kick Russia's ass.

2. For now.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'm thrilled by this. Let Russia get bogged down in the endless quagmire that is the middle east. People tend to forget, what the USSR couldn't achieve in Afghanistan in years the US accomplished in weeks. I'm not talking about winning the "peace" I'm talking about militarily subjugating the country. I'm all for Putin expending his nation's extremely limited resources propping up a failed, unsustainable, state. Let someone else shit the bed in the middle east other than us, the comparison will be as enlightening as it is productive, for the US anyways.
(10-10-2015, 12:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Two things:

1. The Rhode Island National Guard could kick Russia's ass.

2. For now.
Maybe the Spetsnaz are for real.
(10-10-2015, 12:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm thrilled by this.  Let Russia get bogged down in the endless quagmire that is the middle east.  People tend to forget, what the USSR couldn't achieve in Afghanistan in years the US accomplished in weeks.  I'm not talking about winning the "peace" I'm talking about militarily subjugating the country.  I'm all for Putin expending his nation's extremely limited resources propping up a failed, unsustainable, state.  Let someone else shit the bed in the middle east other than us, the comparison will be as enlightening as it is productive, for the US anyways.

Maybe this special forces unit can actually do some damage.  I doubt it because Russia's always been a dumpster fire, but maybe they can kill each other enough to severely weaken the ISIS.
(10-10-2015, 12:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Maybe the Spetsnaz are for real.

I remember back in the day how "for real" the Iraqi Republican Guard was supposed to be.

WTS, I hope they wipe out the blight. They are most likely without restraint.   

(10-10-2015, 12:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Maybe the Spetsnaz are for real.

Maybe this special forces unit can actually do some damage.  I doubt it because Russia's always been a dumpster fire, but maybe they can kill each other enough to severely weaken the ISIS.

(10-10-2015, 12:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember back in the day how "for real" the Iraqi Republican Guard was supposed to be.

WTS, I hope they wipe out the blight. They are most likely without restraint.   

There is no denying the courage and tenacity of the individual Russian soldier.  I've said before that Russians are the last intense white people.  That being said, their command and control is a joke, always has been, and their tech is pure shit.  The next time Russia has a decent long term plan will be the first time.  Bottom line, individual prowess by the Russian soldier will be overwhelmed by Russian incompetence at the command and control level.
(10-10-2015, 12:29 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There is no denying the courage and tenacity of the individual Russian soldier.  I've said before that Russians are the last intense white people.  That being said, their command and control is a joke, always has been, and their tech is pure shit.  The next time Russia has a decent long term plan will be the first time.  Bottom line, individual prowess by the Russian soldier will be overwhelmed by Russian incompetence at the command and control level.

My dad always said that the Australians were.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-10-2015, 12:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm thrilled by this.  Let Russia get bogged down in the endless quagmire that is the middle east.  People tend to forget, what the USSR couldn't achieve in Afghanistan in years the US accomplished in weeks.  I'm not talking about winning the "peace" I'm talking about militarily subjugating the country.  I'm all for Putin expending his nation's extremely limited resources propping up a failed, unsustainable, state.  Let someone else shit the bed in the middle east other than us, the comparison will be as enlightening as it is productive, for the US anyways.

Yeah, not that I think Obama masterminded this (blind squirrel gets a nut), but now the threat of ISIS is being addressed without using our troops or resources.

We're not going into Syria.  Ever.  Period.  We tried and planned and did absolutely everything we could with nation building in Iraq, a policy and plan that probably started with Bush Sr. and was "finished" under Clinton....all told probably 10 years in the making before W pulled the trigger.  And we still failed.
(10-09-2015, 11:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So Putin has more balls than Obama and is taking action to wipe out ISIS by sending his special forces (Spetsnaz) into Syria to just brutally wipe out the rebels.

Putin's troops are highly trained killers that are just going to raise hell in Syria to kill ISIS.

People might say that we don't want Assad to rule and that Syria's dangerous, but I'd rather have Assad in control than the ISIS, who would only grow with more radicals and terrorists.  

Thoughts?

What do you think Obama should do?
(10-10-2015, 06:12 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What do you think Obama should do?

He should be tough, the toughest person on ISIS you could ever imagine. He should be so tough on ISIS it's unbelievable.

He should be a leader, and an incredible guy, not a dope and a loser. He should put great people, the best, guys who know how to kill it in charge. He should surround himself with the incredible and the best of the best, not idiots and total jokes.

[Image: DonaldTrump82915.jpg]
(10-10-2015, 07:44 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: He should be tough, the toughest person on ISIS you could ever imagine. He should be so tough on ISIS it's unbelievable.

He should be a leader, and an incredible guy, not a dope and a loser. He should put great people, the best, guys who know how to kill it in charge. He should surround himself with the incredible and the best of the best, not idiots and total jokes.

C'mon Donald. ISIS is a JV team, remember?
It's more than just ISIS. Putin needs to keep Assad in power so they're targeting Syrian opposition forces too. If Assad's regime falls, Russia loses their greatest Arab ally and their only port in the Mediterranean. Factor in the proximity of Syria to Russia and begin to understand why he has to act.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-10-2015, 10:00 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: C'mon Donald. ISIS is a JV team, remember?

Not sure if that's your actual opinion or an incorrect interpretation of my post. Either way, you look silly. Not that it's anything new to you.
(10-10-2015, 11:02 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Not sure if that's your actual opinion or an incorrect interpretation of my post. Either way, you look silly. Not that it's anything new to you.

Try door #3 to see who you just called silly.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-10-2015, 12:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Try door #3 to see who you just called silly.

Aww. Someone's still upset because their clear intellectual superior won't teach them how to Google a definition. Think you'll ever get over it, or this a permanent emotional scar for you?
(10-10-2015, 11:02 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Not sure if that's your actual opinion or an incorrect interpretation of my post. Either way, you look silly. Not that it's anything new to you.

He might, just maybe, be referring to Obama equating ISIS to a JV team.

Boy does he look silly.

(10-10-2015, 01:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He might, just maybe, be referring to Obama equating ISIS to a JV team.

Boy does he look silly.

Oh, I am well aware of what right-wing meme he's spouting off.

But, since Obama saying something like that has absolutely nothing to do with me mocking the general stupidity of the Trumpesque idea that Obama should just do something about ISIS (details later of course), he absolutely looked at least as silly as you do in the abortion thread.
(10-10-2015, 01:47 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Oh, I am well aware of what right-wing meme he's spouting off.

But, since Obama saying something like that has absolutely nothing to do with me mocking the general stupidity of the Trumpesque idea that Obama should just do something about ISIS (details later of course), he absolutely looked at least as silly as you do in the abortion thread.

So aware that you asked who he was referrig to. LMAO  You are a rare gift.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-10-2015, 02:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So aware that you asked who he was referrig to. LMAO  You are a rare gift.

I didn't ask him anything, actually. Maybe you need better reading glasses. And an ability to detect sarcasm, too, though I'm not sure that can be learned.
(10-10-2015, 02:27 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I didn't ask him anything, actually. Maybe you need better reading glasses. And an ability to detect sarcasm, too, though I'm not sure that can be learned.

There wasno sarcasm.  You said you didn't know if he was referring to himself or you then called your beloved silly, then tried to pretend you knew all along as if nobody can read your posts.I will give you credit, your tenacity on subjects you know nothing about is admirable if not a little embarrassing.