Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Brandon Allen cut
Wonder how many Super Bowl contenting teams can waive their backup QB and not worry that anyone else will sign him. Can bring him back even days later without sweating some team will swoop in and snatch him.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 09:50 AM)Nepa Wrote: Wonder how many Super Bowl contenting teams can waive their backup QB and not worry that anyone else will sign him. Can bring him back even days later without sweating some team will swoop in and snatch him.

Rams
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 09:50 AM)Nepa Wrote: Wonder how many Super Bowl contenting teams can waive their backup QB and not worry that anyone else will sign him. Can bring him back even days later without sweating some team will swoop in and snatch him.

That's what I'm saying.  It's not about us "dogging him", it just looks weird.  We are building depth everywhere else, even the lines.  It probably looks weird to the players association too.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 09:52 AM)BengalBob Wrote: Rams

Yeah. The Rams backup QB is John Wolford. Before joining the Rams, he played for the...

checks notes

Arizona Hotshots. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 11:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Well f#@% a Duc !

Chuck!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 10:54 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah. The Rams backup QB is John Wolford. Before joining the Rams, he played for the...

checks notes

Arizona Hotshots. 

What about that dude that Gunter almost got for a sack and ran for that 45 yard 3 yard TD?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 12:15 AM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah, how many teams can be both:

-Confident that if their quarterback went down for a games he would manage a game and keep them in it.

-Confident that he won't sign as a street free agent for a million or two more with another team.  Not that Allen will draw interest but a contender's #2 shouldn't be available. 

Like other than maybe a near 40 year old Charlie Batch with the Steelers (I think) has this ever happened? 

Cowboys have one QB right now
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 01:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What about that dude that Gunter almost got for a sack and ran for that 45 yard 3 yard TD?

Perkins was a QB at Virginia. Nothing notable on him. He was a UDFA in 2020 and has been a PS guy since then. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 01:11 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Perkins was a QB at Virginia. Nothing notable on him. He was a UDFA in 2020 and has been a PS guy since then. 

Looks like a Virginia QB.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 10:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good seeing you around again JumboTron. Rock On

Thanks brother.  It's been awhile!
Reply/Quote
Certainly is an interesting tactic of waiving your backup QB, but then again I'd say Browning on the PS is their ace in the hole.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote

Pretty much everyone except GB, Ten and San Fran
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 06:43 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Certainly is an interesting tactic of waiving your backup QB, but then again I'd say Browning on the PS is their ace in the hole.

Dak Prescott is the only QB on the Cowboys roster too at the moment

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 06:50 PM)pally Wrote: Dak Prescott is the only QB on the Cowboys roster too at the moment

Do they a QB on their PS?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 06:12 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Thanks brother.  It's been awhile!

Yes it has.  Mellow

(09-01-2022, 06:43 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Certainly is an interesting tactic of waiving your backup QB, but then again I'd say Browning on the PS is their ace in the hole.

I liked what I saw of Browning. I like how he evades pressure and throws on the run. I know it is high praise but it 
reminds me a touch of Burrow, not near as good but he seems more similar in play style. He isn't just a statue in the 
pocket like Brandon Allen who runs into sacks and cannot evade pressure and has no pocket awareness.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 06:51 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Do they a QB on their PS?

yeah, they have 2 of them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 06:55 PM)pally Wrote: yeah, they have 2 of them

So, they have their ace in the hole too.  Or in this case - two.   Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 11:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Well f#@% a Duc !

Ummmmm…. OK!

[Image: ZkfZ7l.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote