Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Brandon Allen-in camp
Apparently Zac likes the idea of another QB afterall. Former Ram Brandon Allen is in camp getting a physical. He is expected to sign by the weekend.

He is a 2016 graduate of Arkansas. Drafted in the 5th by Jacksonville. He was picked up by the Rams in 2017 and was on their practice squad in 2019 when he was claimed by the Broncos. He started 3 games last year winning 1.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Need another arm for training camp.

But just about anyone would be legitimate competition for Finley.
Reply/Quote
One more game than Finley won, things are looking up!

Seriously though, he's had a few years in the league has to be better than Finely if something (god forbid) happens to Burrow.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Did he have like sup 9” hands at the combine? Is this to make Joe feel better about his hand size?

Looks like we might have our answer on the why Allen was signed:

“Taylor said his staff has talked about the possibility of keeping one of the team's three quarterbacks in a universal quarantine, but no decisions have been made. There's the possibility they could add a veteran to the most important position on the team.“

Either Finley or Dolegala could go into this universal quarantine.
Reply/Quote
Brandon's a tough sumb****. I think he's a great addition as a backup.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Need another arm for training camp.

There's been some discussion about teams having a "quarantine QB" as it were due to COVID.  I could potentially see him in that kind of role.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Need another arm for training camp.

Why would they need a camp arm with limited practice and 3 QBs whose combined NFL experience is 2 seasons.  Those baby QBs need all the reps they can get going into the season 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 07:06 PM)SladeX Wrote: Brandon's a tough sumb****. I think he's a great addition as a backup.

Awesome. What gives you that opinion?

Reply/Quote
I just remembered this guy played at Arkansas.  Can't believe he is in the NFL.  He was a starter for 2 or three years, but never struck me as an NFL quality QB.  He had had 2 or 3 monster games his final season that padded his stats.

He played like crap against Tennessee.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 10:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I just remember this guy from Arkansas.  Can't believe he is in the NFL.  He was a starter for 2 or three years, but never struck me as an NFL quality QB.  He had had 2 or 3 monster games his final season that padded his stats.

He played like crap against Tennessee

Well, for whatever reasons, he's been able to stick around in the NFL for 4, going on 5 seasons.  He must have some worthwhile qualities.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 11:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, for whatever reasons, he's been able to stick around in the NFL for 4, going on 5 seasons.  He must have some worthwhile qualities.

No doubt.

And lots of guys I thought back then would be NFL stars are selling insurance right now.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 07:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Awesome. What gives you that opinion?
Played through a  shoulder injury. Never saw him get rattled playing against whatever the SEC could offer. 
His dad is or was a football coach I believe.  His brother is also a QB. He's very competitive. Not a great arm, no one would confuse him with Ryan Mallett. Going by memory,  here, but he seemed to be better on designed roll outside, or plays where he could buy time and move a little. Personality wise, I think he and Joe will get along pretty well. He also had to negotiate  some politics at Arkansas,  because his dad is a huge booster, so he encountered a lot of noise behind that. Again, didn't seem to faze him. He's pretty unfazeable.

Correction: his Dad is director of HS and NFL relations for the Razorbacks. He may have coached some in the past

The monster games fred refers to are probably the OT games against ole miss and miss state. He's also 2-0 in bowl games, against texas and k-state.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 05:06 PM)pally Wrote: Apparently Zac likes the idea of another QB afterall. Former Ram Brandon Allen is in camp getting a physical.  He is expected to sign by the weekend.  

He is a 2016 graduate of Arkansas.  Drafted in the 5th by Jacksonville.  He was picked up by the Rams in 2017 and was on their practice squad in 2019 when he was claimed by the Broncos.  He started 3 games last year winning 1.  

Better than Finley and knows the system, nice grab. Let Allen and Dolegala fight it out for #2.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 05:06 PM)pally Wrote: Apparently Zac likes the idea of another QB afterall. Former Ram Brandon Allen is in camp getting a physical.  He is expected to sign by the weekend.  

He is a 2016 graduate of Arkansas.  Drafted in the 5th by Jacksonville.  He was picked up by the Rams in 2017 and was on their practice squad in 2019 when he was claimed by the Broncos.  He started 3 games last year winning 1.  

I didn't know that the Rams ran Zac Taylor's offense. 

And all last this time I thought Zac Taylor just sucked at copying his old boss' playbook.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 06:39 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I didn't know that the Rams ran Zac Taylor's offense. 

And all last this time I thought Zac Taylor just sucked at copying his old boss' playbook.

Doesn't matter.  Apparently he is scrapping it all and running the Joe Burrow LSU offense.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 06:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doesn't matter.  Apparently he is scrapping it all and running the Joe Burrow LSU offense.

And so we now need to count on Taylor being able to copy the LSU offense?

Copying the plays on a piece of paper is a long ways from knowing when to call which play against your current opponent in the current game situation.

Reply/Quote
Fun Fact: Brandon Allen is actually Tim Allen's son.

Tim had a fling with a production assistant while taping Home Improvement. Brandon was actually conceived in a studio trailer while the episode "Tim's New Lawnmower" was filming just several feet away.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 07:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fun Fact: Brandon Allen is actually Tim Allen's son.  

Tim had a fling with a production assistant while taping Home Improvement.  Brandon was actually conceived in a studio trailer while the episode "Tim's New Lawnmower" was filming just several feet away.

I like Tim. Good dude.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 07:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fun Fact: Brandon Allen is actually Tim Allen's son.  

Tim had a fling with a production assistant while taping Home Improvement.  Brandon was actually conceived in a studio trailer while the episode "Tim's New Lawnmower" was filming just several feet away.

FYI Allen conceived the famous "Toolman" character while fabricating an attachment for his air compressor to help him snort cocaine when his hands got too numb to hold a straw.
Reply/Quote
I just want to let you all know that the first time Burrow throws a bad pass I will be screaming for Zac to put Allen in.

That’s just how us real fans roll.
Reply/Quote