Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
QB Efficiency on 1st down (hint - Burrow has been really, really good)
[Image: FBGeONIUcAEbB7J?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
https://images.app.goo.gl/1yegbANt4ZHiepxD6
Reply/Quote
If I’m reading this right, this is only for first down? Either way, it lines up. Burrow has been fantastic by everything I have watched and analyzed.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 09:58 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: If I’m reading this right, this is only for first down? Either way, it lines up. Burrow has been fantastic by everything I have watched and analyzed.

Yeah, I saw John Sheeran post it in reply to this:

[Image: FBGRldNXMAMp1Xk?format=png&name=900x900]

Reply/Quote
Now if we can get better on 3rd down.. that has been the area that has seemed to hold the offense back so far
Reply/Quote
We've been running the ball on the first two downs the most by far in the league. It will prob change this Sunday since Mixon is out. Lets see how these hold up when the defense isn't knowing that we always run on the first two downs.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 10:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Now if we can get better on 3rd down.. that has been the area that has seemed to hold the offense back so far

2nd down has actually been the issue.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 10:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 2nd down has actually been the issue.

We are 20th in 3rd downs efficiency and since that is considered the key to success we need to get better especially for better teams ahead
Reply/Quote
Nice to see, doesn't really surprise me either. Joe is great in so many ways and it is starting to show. His ball placement
is second to none. There is room for improvement though as Essex says on both 2nd and 3rd down.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 10:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 2nd down has actually been the issue.

When you start looking at just passing plays on specific downs the sample size is still really too small to tell us much.

For example Ja'Marr Chase has just been targeted 10 times on first down but he has 4 tds including plays of 50, 42, and 34 yards.

And Burrow has only attempted 29 passes on 2nd down.  Since 2 of his interceptions were on second down that pulls down his rating.
Reply/Quote