Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Josh Allen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mckgNi17ITU

Did a video on Josh Allen to see what kind of hits he takes during the season. He really does remind me of Cam when he runs. Two things concern me. His throwing shoulder hits the ground and other players a lot. And the way he carries the ball must make RB coaches and Bills fans cringe. He is an exciting player and built like a brick crap house which bodes well for him.

Congrats to Bengal fans on the Joe Mixon extension! Not a huge fan of paying RBs but the price really seemed fair on the surface.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 05:32 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mckgNi17ITU

Did a video on Josh Allen to see what kind of hits he takes during the season. He really does remind me of Cam when he runs. Two things concern me. His throwing shoulder hits the ground and other players a lot. And the way he carries the ball must make RB coaches and Bills fans cringe. He is an exciting player and built like a brick crap house which bodes well for him.

Congrats to Bengal fans on the Joe Mixon extension! Not a huge fan of paying RBs but the price really seemed fair on the surface.

Josh Allen is a tough sumbitch and has a monster arm. Has problems with accuracy kind of like Favre did coming out of college.

Not saying he is going to be a Favre but yeah, maybe Cam is a better comparison.

Love keeping Mixon here for 4 to 5 years, could be a great RB and is in his prime. Actually on the surface I thought we overpaid a 
bit for him but after reading more on it we are paying him a little under 10 mil a year and he should really help Burrow translate to
the NFL by taking pressure off of him and Mixon is very good in the passing game in which I think he has been under utilized in his
time in the NFL so far.
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen has been fun to watch.  The comparison to Cam Newton is interesting and not that far off.  He reminded me a bit of an AFCN QB circa '08 to '10.  Huge arm, not afraid to sling it around.  The main difference being that he has the build and athleticism of an upper tier receiving TE.  His elusiveness with his long strides is really shocking to watch sometimes.  He's still a little bit raw and doesn't always have great situational awareness, but he's the kind of guy who is easy to root for and fun to watch.  If he keeps building on his skills he could be really dangerous as his career progresses.
Reply/Quote
I like the comparison to an upper tier receiving TE, never thought of it that way.

But yea there's one clip in the video where he shows good burst and causes two LBs to take bad angles and run into each other. I like his attitude on the field too. Even though the video took a lot of hours to make, I found myself just wasting time watching him and it's obvious his teammates love playing for him.

The one thing I really didn't like is how he carries the ball. If he doesn't clean that up it will come back to bite him at the worst time. He's got a good defense, so I'd like to see him tone down playing hero ball just a bit without taking away his hard charging attitude.
Reply/Quote