Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
QB Rankings
I know this is the forums and as long as folks stay within protocol, 'anything goes'.

This is Dalton's 6th year, and so far, I've seen two people reporting negative on Dalton, with very weak arguments.

WHY IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DEBATING THESE 2 LONE RANGERS???

I realize it gives folk something to to do here, but I say again, I would have to say that 99% of folk in here would agree that there would have been a strong possibility that this team beats Pittsburgh, in the game Dalton broke his thumb, if that broken thumb doesn't happen, and go on to beat Denver giving them the number one seed with a bye and a very, very good chance to win it all!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 04:51 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I know this is the forums and as long as folks stay within protocol, 'anything goes'.

This is Dalton's 6th year, and so far, I've seen two people reporting negative on Dalton, with very weak arguments.

WHY IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DEBATING THESE 2 LONE RANGERS???

I realize it gives folk something to to do here, but I say again, I would have to say that 99% of folk in here would agree that there would have been a strong possibility that this team beats Pittsburgh, in the game Dalton broke his thumb, if that broken thumb doesn't happen, and go on to beat Denver giving them the number one seed with a bye and a very, very good chance to win it all!

One guy, the OP here, is rational and you can discuss with.....the others....not so much.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 04:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: One guy, the OP here, is rational and you can discuss with.....the others....not so much.

I get that Wyche, but after 5 and a half years, if ANYONE still sees Dalton in the negative light, you would think there would be little one could sway to change that opinion.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 05:37 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I get that Wyche, but after 5 and a half years, if ANYONE still sees Dalton in the negative light, you would think there would be little one could sway to change that opinion.

Solid point there......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:13 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Thanks a lot jungle faithful

After reading the consistent praise of Andy being one of the better QBs in the nfl, subconsciously, I must have started believing it. 
Four weeks ago one of my neighbors bet me that Andy would be ranked below average by mid season, loser cuts the winners grass next spring once a week for two weeks. I took the bet. 
Not that I'm an Andy fan, but no way is he going to be ranked below average by mid season right?

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2016/11/16/Fantasy-Football-Week-11-Quarterback-Rankings/6461479264118/

Keep in mind QB rankings take a lot into considerations, it's not about W's and L's. 
Although our OL has performed poorly, QB evaluations can still be made.
Folks, we love Andy, but we truly need to go in a different direction at QB. With Andy, seeing is believing.

No, I'm not hating on Andy...just stating.

No, I'm not blaiming everything on Andy. 

Yes, I'm ok with letting ML go.

What does "fantasy" football have to do with who should be our real life QB?

I like to rake it in and hoard money in Monopoly, but in real life I find vast sums to be a little more difficult to obtain.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 12:09 AM)BengalChris Wrote: What does "fantasy" football have to do with who should be our real life QB?

I like to rake it in and hoard money in Monopoly, but in real life I find vast sums to be a little more difficult to obtain.

The key to both are pretty much the same. Buy property, gentrify and raise the rent as high as possible to take everyone else's money, and avoid going to jail.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:24 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: The bet was made using FF rankings. Aa you can see they rank 1 thru 20 QBs 

Your neighbor took advantage of your fandom and sucker betted your ass. Mow his yard and learn your lesson, but do it with a Dalton jersey on and make it look like a prideful loss. Shouldn't be tough to do considering our season so far.

Wait........ wait......... karma just spoke to me and said the following: "mow his yard now and I will curb the Bengals season and make you look predictable."

You know what that means? If you mow his yard, we will win out!

If you don't? Season is on your head you prideful beotch! I'm rooting for you to do the right thing, for all of us.

Reply/Quote
Aaron Bleepin Rodgers
Reply/Quote
Year 7 is always the breakout year. Relax.
Reply/Quote
Extend the bet for next spring with the results for the second half of the season. Even using stupid FF rankings, the tough part of his schedule is in the rear view mirror, and he has his #1 red zone target back.

In the past few years, Dalton actually scored quite well in FF. Dumb bet, but he would be dumber to extend it through the next 8 games. Dalton is about to get lots of opportunities to air it out....because the team has no defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 02:48 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Year 7 is always the breakout year. Relax.

If Dalton improves a lot in his 7th year he will probably be the best QB in football. Since the start of 2015 there hasn't been too many QBs better than him.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's a fantasy site my man.....here's some real numbers from pro football reference:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016//passing.htm

Comp.: 12th
Att.:  15th
Comp.%: 13th
Yards: 6th
TDs: 20th
INT:  24th (he has 4)
INT%: 10th
Longest pass: 13th
YPA: 4th
YPC: 6th
YPG: 9th
Rating: 12th
Sacks: 2nd
Yards Lost: 4th
4QCB: 14th

Paints a little different picture, no?

Yeah, Dalton is definately above average and if he had a good O-line could be elite IMHO.
Reply/Quote
Meh. Dalton is 15th among QBs in fantasy scoring, which slots him as a high end #2 or a poor starter. I have a 6-4 record in a league where he's been my starter every week. Most weeks, he's given me 20+ points, he just doesn't have any "monster" games. He's on pace for 4500 yards and is doing a good job running the ball...but he's only 15th in points thanks to our deficiencies in the red zone and Dalton's corresponding lack of passing TDs.

In short, Dalton is not an ideal fantasy QB this year, but he's very useable. Of course, fantasy numbers are a terrible way to judge a QB. I'd say Hammerthis probably knows this. I hope.

My eyes tell me Dalton has been a top 10 QB since last year. His pocket awareness is now a plus, he has plenty of zip on most throws, he makes great decisions, and he's always been a master of his offense. The guy has 35 TDs to only 11 INTs since last year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 04:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hugh Jackson got Andy to play at an MVP type level a year ago using short, quick passing routes. Sure the offensive line played better last year than this year, but we have went away from the short quick passing scheme. Andy is holding the ball far too long and is constantly rolling out of the pocket on what seams like every play.

I just dont get why our offense went away from what was working so well a year ago.

We miss Marvin Jones and we missed Tyler Eifert early on. We're not throwing as many short balls because the defense is prepared to stop it unlike last year when Defenses had to prepare for the deep ball.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't think the bet was especially crazy. Looking at standard Yahoo Fantasy scoring:
-Andy was the 17th ranked QB in 2014
-In 2015, he was on pace to finish as the 4th-7th QB if he had played all 16 games (it depends how you count the Steelers game where he was injured).
-4 weeks ago, when the OP made his bet, Dalton was the 7th ranked QB in 2016.

So the neighbor bet that Andy's stats would regress by 4 spots throughout the remainder of the season, and Hammerthis bet that Andy would remain in the top 10. Seems like a fair bet to me.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 02:06 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: I don't think the bet was especially crazy.  Looking at standard Yahoo Fantasy scoring:
-Andy was the 17th ranked QB in 2014
-In 2015, he was on pace to finish as the 4th-7th QB if he had played all 16 games (it depends how you count the Steelers game where he was injured).
-4 weeks ago, when the OP made his bet, Dalton was the 7th ranked QB in 2016.

So the neighbor bet that Andy's stats would regress by 4 spots throughout the remainder of the season, and Hammerthis bet that Andy would remain in the top 10.  Seems like a fair bet to me.

Fwiw, Dalton was 3rd in fantasy points in 2013, so he's had 2 really good years in fantasy, and he was probably top 12 in 2012 as well, when he had 31 TDs and 3800 yards.

The bet wasn't crazy as long as they're not judging Dalton - as a real life QB - on fantasy stats. If you do that, you're either ******** or you're trolling. Just being blunt.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
There is no way I am betting on Dalton to put up fantasy numbers behind this line, and with only AJ Green and a half season (maybe) of Eifert as weapons. Lafell is barely average and Boyd is a rookie, so not much help there, and the dump offs to Gio are not going to produce big numbers.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 01:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your neighbor took advantage of your fandom and sucker betted your ass. Mow his yard and learn your lesson, but do it with a Dalton jersey on and make it look like a prideful loss. Shouldn't be tough to do considering our season so far.

Wait........ wait......... karma just spoke to me and said the following: "mow his yard now and I will curb the Bengals season and make you look predictable."

You know what that means? If you mow his yard, we will win out!

If you don't? Season is on your head you prideful beotch! I'm rooting for you to do the right thing, for all of us.
LMAO...There goes the neighborhood! You're jaded, good for nothing a$$ is back? When did you get out? Nervous
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 03:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If Dalton improves a lot in his 7th year he will probably be the best QB in football. Since the start of 2015 there hasn't been too many QBs better than him.

This is freaking crazy talk!
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 06:19 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: This is freaking crazy talk!

Prove the statement wrong then. Oh wait, you can't. So who's talking crazy?
Reply/Quote