Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
QB School Joe Burrow
Here’s former Bengal JT O’Sullivan’s YouTube channel QB School breaking down some plays from the Eagles game.

1. Burrow looks great and impresses another one
2. Bobby Hart is trash and JT calls him out (not by name) on the first 3 plays he breaks down.

https://youtu.be/z466S7qrLyU
Reply/Quote
Glad someone else (a former pro) can recognize how terrible Hart is. Burrow has looked fantastic, but that anemic 5.8 yards/attempt is all on the o-line. There just isn't consistently enough time for intermediate to long throws, which is severely hindering Joe's ability to make big plays.

In short, the line is - once again - an anchor holding the offense down.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 07:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Glad someone else (a former pro) can recognize how terrible Hart is. Burrow has looked fantastic, but that anemic 5.8 yards/attempt is all on the o-line. There just isn't consistently enough time for intermediate to long throws, which is severely hindering Joe's ability to make big plays.

In short, the line is - once again - an anchor holding the offense down.

Yeah, honestly the only surprising thing to me is how well Burrow is playing with no preseason. If we're able to protect him, I can see him lighting up the league for years to come. Hopefully he's the chosen one for the Bengals and brings us home a title 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice breakdown, if Joe only had an Oline.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 07:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Here’s former Bengal JT O’Sullivan’s YouTube channel QB School breaking down some plays from the Eagles game.

1. Burrow looks great and impresses another one
2. Bobby Hart is trash and JT calls him out (not by name) on the first 3 plays he breaks down.

https://youtu.be/z466S7qrLyU

Thanks for sharing.

Not only was JT impressed saying Joe Burrow was already developing veteran/elite level pocket movement and awareness.

I think it was Joel Klatt that said Joe Burrow had a lot of Joe Montana in him. JT breaking down the play were Burrow dips out, dips in and then spins away from another, essentially avoiding 3 sacks, looks vintage Joe Montana.

Zac Taylor brought up how he's had to bring awareness to his offensive lineman that they need to engage with their blocker until a whistle is blown or they see Burrow without the ball.

Because Joe Burrow is gonna run around until he absolutely has to throw it, like on the play he reverses field and then gets jacked. JT said nobody expects the QB to reverse field on this play and you can see the right side of the line disengaged from their blocks.

You can see them look back and realize Joe is heading back their way and go "oh, snap." Which makes me think at least some of these offensive line mistakes can be coached out and get better with playing time.

JT also pointed out that the Eagles would bring blitzes from the right side, even when we stacked that side with RB's and TE's. Which to me means the NFL has already figured out that our right side of the offensive line is weak and they're gonna keep attacking them until they prove we can stop it.

The last thing that stood out to me was that JT was gushing about how well designed our offensive play calling was for the passing game, one time even saying that the middle screen was one the best offensive calls he'd ever seen.

JT points out how Joe checks at the line that they're gonna maintain the call from the sideline. Which to me means two things Zac Taylor called the correct play, based on the defensive personnel they had out there and that Joe Burrow recognises it.

Which makes me feel better about Zac Taylor, he might be an elite level passing play designer and caller, but as we know football is more than just one phase of the game. 
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That is a good video. Dude definitely gives Zac some props on the play design, and definitely throws the OL under the bus a bit. But even if Taylor turns out to be a really good offensive mind, he has to have the balls to lead and find better coaches around him that can improve the team if he wants to be a good HC who actually wins.
Reply/Quote
That’s a good breakdown. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Reply/Quote
But I thought Bobby Hart was playing really "good football." LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:17 AM)Fullrock Wrote: But I thought Bobby Hart was playing really "good football." LOL

No “his best” there’s a big difference.

Reply/Quote