Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB accuracy chart

The NFL really isn’t ready for Burrow with a decent OL…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I’m curious how they define an “accurate” pass.
Reply/Quote
I have a large 32" monitor and still can't make out a single name or face so that picture is meaningless especially on a cell phone no less....Just thought I'd mention it..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 11:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have a large 32" monitor and still can't make out a single name or face so that picture is meaningless especially on a cell phone no less....Just thought I'd mention it..  Cool

You can’t make out the guy who’s the furthest left in the deep accurate block?? I’m on mobile and can see it just fine.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 11:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have a large 32" monitor and still can't make out a single name or face so that picture is meaningless especially on a cell phone no less....Just thought I'd mention it..  Cool

Might help? It's still a bit of squinting and "who?"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPIhxrCXwAYo4Ev?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Is that Cam on the far right? Does not look like him but its a Panthers QB. Can't tell. Cause that is what stood out to me. Man, that is bad. Lmao
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 01:06 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Is that Cam on the far right? Does not look like him but its a Panthers QB. Can't tell. Cause that is what stood out to me. Man, that is bad. Lmao

PJ Walker

Cam is near the southeast, just northwest of Brandon Allen, with the exclamation point hair. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 10:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
The NFL really isn’t ready for Burrow with a decent OL…

Pretty cool stuff.  Is that Geno Smith on an island out there at Carolina?   Hilarious

Joe is crazy accurate, and greatly improved his one stat that was less-than-stellar his rookie season:  downfield accuracy.

You are dead on about him with a decent line, though.  That, and the potential for a really good running game and play-action.  
Reply/Quote
I can't identify most of these guys.  Even when they are blown up nd clear I don't know who half of them are.

What a stupid way to do a chart.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 12:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can’t make out the guy who’s the furthest left in the deep accurate block?? I’m on mobile and can see it just fine.

C'mon now..I don't have great vision anymore, but it ain't THAT bad..I can still read labels on most prescription bottles. Example: Pain medication: Take two whenever you feel like it..  I oughta be able to make out who's who.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I see Burrow on the best quadrant of the chart and then I see Brandon Allen on the worst quadrant of the chart.Hilarious
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
More proof that Burrow > Herbert.

Btw I have to agree this isn't the best way to do a chart. I had to really zoom in, and still couldn't recognize some of the faces.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Looks accurate for Andy Dalton, which is still very servicable.
Reply/Quote
Why is Drew Brees on the chart? Or is that someone else? Bottom left
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 06:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Why is Drew Brees on the chart? Or is that someone else? Bottom left

Because it’s 2020-2021.

Reply/Quote
This chart would seem to indicate both Rodgers and Mahomes are somewhat middling QBs. In regards to Burrow, I believe the next step he needs to take is improve on leading his receivers deep instead of relying so heavily on the back shoulder approach. But I see that happening.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 11:12 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: This chart would seem to indicate both Rodgers and Mahomes are somewhat middling QBs.  In regards to Burrow, I believe the next step he needs to take is improve on leading his receivers deep instead of relying so heavily on the back shoulder approach.  But I see that happening.

Any accuracy metric should immediately bring up some skepticism in my opinion. PFR has something like this called "Bad Throw %". If you look at the definition for the metric, it just says "Poor Throws". I question the data accuracy.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 07:06 AM)SHRaceim Wrote: Joe is crazy accurate, and greatly improved his one stat that was less-than-stellar his rookie season:  downfield accuracy.

Some fans accused me of attacking Joe if I mentioned his problems throwing deep in 2020.

But if you actually go back and read what I said I always acknowledged that he did not lack arm strength. It was just a timing issue that I assumed he would improve.  And boy did he.

Peyton Manning said people like to practice what they are good at. But even after he had been in the league for years he still picked one specific "problem" with his game to concentrate on every off season.

Joe is great, but the really great players never stop improving. Joe certainly strikes me as that type.
Reply/Quote
Look at our backup and tell me we don't need a new backup. It's not just coming in if an injury happens (for a play or two), it's ability to sustain a lead while QB1 sits.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2022, 12:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Look at our backup and tell me we don't need a new backup. It's not just coming in if an injury happens (for a play or two), it's ability to sustain a lead while QB1 sits.

No one will disagree with that, but you are failing to realize that we finally have solid starters in almost all positions now, with some quality backups, but not enough yet. This roster is basically only 3-4 years old. 

Be patient, they will add one when they can via the draft, probably not this year, but soon.
Reply/Quote