Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
QB candidates for 2020 Draft
After this weekend I still have it Tua-Burrow------the field. The ball pops off Tua's hands and his ability to "sift through trash" in the pocket and make big time throws is something that can not be under sold in today's NFL. Burrow actually showed some athleticism himself which was impressive. I don't do full game review until after the season but right now in what I have watched I like Tua because he has been doing it longer, but I think I'd be happy with either if it came down to it.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: After this weekend I still have it Tua-Burrow------the field. The ball pops off Tua's hands and his ability to "sift through trash" in the pocket and make big time throws is something that can not be under sold in today's NFL. Burrow actually showed some athleticism himself which was impressive. I don't do full game review until after the season but right now in what I have watched I like Tua because he has been doing it longer, but I think I'd be happy with either if it came down to it.

I do not know if the Bengals can beat Miami.  But either one of those two would work for me.  I still like Burrow with slight edge.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Dolphins had a chance to tie the game late yesterday, and instead decided to go for a two-point conversion for no reason. And the play-call for the two-point conversion was dead on arrival.

That team is not going to give up the 1st overall pick. If they hang in there with the Bengals, they'll do some random shit like put their RB in at QB, or onside kick all punts.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:54 AM)Big Boss Wrote: The Dolphins had a chance to tie the game late yesterday, and instead decided to go for a two-point conversion for no reason.  And the play-call for the two-point conversion was dead on arrival.

That team is not going to give up the 1st overall pick.  If they hang in there with the Bengals, they'll do some random shit like put their RB in at QB, or onside kick all punts.

Lets just hope they want Tua...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Like Au165 stated, I think Tua and Burrow are the elite QB for 2020. Maybe Herbert will be considered by some to be elite but I personally do not like his pocket presence and his inconsistency.

If either of those two QB are gone by the Bengals pick, I would hope they drafted Thomas or trade down to get Simmons and Kindley in middle round 1. They could still get Eason or maybe Costello.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: After this weekend I still have it Tua-Burrow------the field. The ball pops off Tua's hands and his ability to "sift through trash" in the pocket and make big time throws is something that can not be under sold in today's NFL. Burrow actually showed some athleticism himself which was impressive. I don't do full game review until after the season but right now in what I have watched I like Tua because he has been doing it longer, but I think I'd be happy with either if it came down to it.

Kinda off topic, but does Tua remind you of Murray in the way he moves? He just looks to have that quick twitch in everything he does. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 04:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Lets just hope they want Tua...

I hope they want Fromm, cause i want nothing to do with Dalton 2.0

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 04:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Like Au165 stated, I think Tua and Burrow are the elite QB for 2020.  Maybe Herbert will be considered by some to be elite but I personally do not like his pocket presence and his inconsistency.  

If either of those two QB are gone by the Bengals pick, I would hope they drafted Thomas or trade down to get Simmons and Kindley in middle round 1.  They could still get Eason or maybe Costello.

The only thing i don't like about Herbert right now, in the limited snaps i've seen him, is i haven't seen him tested under pressure. He, from what i've seen, always looks to have a lot of time to throw. Other than that, i've really liked everything else about him. 

Unfortunately, i didn't get home in time to see too much of him Sat, cause when i turned the TV on, they were already up big. 

I think i'll go ahead and dig up anything and everything i can find on him tonight and we'll see how i feel about him tomorrow...

Feel free to add anything you feel he lacks or his positives. I like looking for things other people see. 

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Kinda off topic, but does Tua remind you of Murray in the way he moves? He just looks to have that quick twitch in everything he does. 

Not sure it's that similar, Murray was a little more slippery in the pocket where as Tua just has a lighting fast shuffle never breaking his base down so he can deliver quick accurate throws. I will say that the ball pops off their hands similar, Tua has a real nice throwing motion. The part I like about Tua is ball placement. While people love to talk about how good the Bama receivers are part of that is Tua puts the ball in a palce where they can catch and run instead of slowing their momentum to catch it.  
Reply/Quote
So I agree with most that the top two QB's are Burrow and Tua. Herbert remains in the mix based on his ranking last year and he still could finish strong. I like Tua's movement and accuracy. Burrow has turned into a confident gunslinger. Not sure it matters, as there have been successful smaller qb's. but Burrow is 6'4 and Tua is 6'1.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only thing i don't like about Herbert right now, in the limited snaps i've seen him, is i haven't seen him tested under pressure. He, from what i've seen, always looks to have a lot of time to throw. Other than that, i've really liked everything else about him. 

Unfortunately, i didn't get home in time to see too much of him Sat, cause when i turned the TV on, they were already up big. 

I think i'll go ahead and dig up anything and everything i can find on him tonight and we'll see how i feel about him tomorrow...

Feel free to add anything you feel he lacks or his positives. I like looking for things other people see. 

What bothers me about Herbert is his happy feet in the pocket.  He has a strong arm and good ball spiral with velocity.   I could see why others see him as elite, I am just not there yet with him.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Most mocks I see have us taking Herbert in the 1-3 range. If we want a QB who will produce I think this is the year to do it but I see it as Burrow and Tua, not Herbert. JMO but if we select Herbert with our first pick we’ll be picking a new QB about 4 years from now.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only thing i don't like about Herbert right now, in the limited snaps i've seen him, is i haven't seen him tested under pressure. He, from what i've seen, always looks to have a lot of time to throw. Other than that, i've really liked everything else about him. 

Here is Herbert vs Auburn. He reminds me a lot of Haskins who I was not a fan of at all. Herbert definitely gets a little timid under pressure. Sometimes he will step up and other times he just bails out. He has some accuracy inconsistencies, especially as he pushes the ball down the field. Electric arm. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGpDpx6KI6Y
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 04:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Here is Herbert vs Auburn. He reminds me a lot of Haskins who I was not a fan of at all. Herbert definitely gets a little timid under pressure. Sometimes he will step up and other times he just bails out. He has some accuracy inconsistencies, especially as he pushes the ball down the field. Electric arm. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGpDpx6KI6Y

My issue is he is a one read and run guy. Haskins had to do more reading of defenses in college than Herbert did. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 04:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: My issue is he is a one read and run guy. Haskins had to do more reading of defenses in college than Herbert did. 

They both run/ran very simplified offenses. Plethora of screens and short crossing routes with YAC (Haskins had better receivers so the offense was certainly more effective under him). Herbert pushes the ball down the field more but at the end of the day I would agree that Herbert needs to work on consistently making his way through his progressions. Oregon has one of the nations best offensive lines, he has plenty of time to work with.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What bothers me about Herbert is his happy feet in the pocket.  He has a strong arm and good ball spiral with velocity.   I could see why others see him as elite, I am just not there yet with him.  

Yeah. After watching all i could find, he doesn't really look all that great under pressure. His accuracy goes down but he does throw pretty well on the run. He has a cannon and i'm sure he will develop after he gets to the NFL but he doesn't look to have that 'escapability and beat you down field' ability right now. I'm not as high on him now as i was intially, but that could always change by the end of the year. 

Reply/Quote
It's starting.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-2020-nfl-mock-draft-lsu-quarterback-joe-burrow-goes-no-1-overall-to-cincinnati-bengals
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 03:36 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's starting.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-2020-nfl-mock-draft-lsu-quarterback-joe-burrow-goes-no-1-overall-to-cincinnati-bengals

That site gave me goose bumps.  That would be amazing!!!  I don't know if Burrow is a generational type of QB but he certainly looks elite.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I’ll leave this one here...

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_draft/status/1184567950587527168?s=21

Speaking with Bleacher Report's Matt Miller, an NFL scout said that Oregon senior QB Justin Herbert will "get someone fired."

"I've never understood the love with this kid," the evaluator said, later adding that Herbert "doesn't have it." An area scout echoed those concerns, telling Miller that the 6-foot-6, 233-pound senior "lacks a killer mentality." While we understand the question marks with Herbert -- he has underwhelmed at times -- it's fair to note that the physically-gifted signal-caller is in the midst of a strong season on the whole, having thrown for 1,602 yards (69.1% completions) with a 17/1 TD/INT ratio in six games. Herbert remains a very good bet to land in the first round, with upward stock mobility which could push him as high as a top-five selection should a pro squad fall in love with him during the spring evaluating process.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 05:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: I’ll leave this one here...

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_draft/status/1184567950587527168?s=21

Speaking with Bleacher Report's Matt Miller, an NFL scout said that Oregon senior QB Justin Herbert will "get someone fired."

"I've never understood the love with this kid," the evaluator said, later adding that Herbert "doesn't have it." An area scout echoed those concerns, telling Miller that the 6-foot-6, 233-pound senior "lacks a killer mentality." While we understand the question marks with Herbert -- he has underwhelmed at times -- it's fair to note that the physically-gifted signal-caller is in the midst of a strong season on the whole, having thrown for 1,602 yards (69.1% completions) with a 17/1 TD/INT ratio in six games. Herbert remains a very good bet to land in the first round, with upward stock mobility which could push him as high as a top-five selection should a pro squad fall in love with him during the spring evaluating process.

I don't want the Bengals near Herbert, so naturally that is who they will draft if he drops in the draft...
At times I see potential but I see a better arm in Eason with higher ceiling.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote